ITT: Lengthy movies

Three or more than three hours long. I'll start.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0101458/
youtube.com/watch?v=MfKBaMpgc98
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanny_and_Alexander
youtube.com/watch?v=zuDtACzKGRs
youtube.com/watch?v=4Pl-kro-5fc
youtube.com/watch?v=JJv9hwcTTqw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sátántangó - 7 1/2 hours long

7 Samurai 3 1/2h

Dances with wolves obviously.

Barry Lyndon
Once upon a time in America

Tora tora tora

Once Upon a time in America
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Lawrence of Arabia
Gone with the Wind
Empire
Barry Lyndon
Napoleon
War and Peace
Patton

I had to write an essay about this fucker in high school.

King Kong (2005)

almost

Das Boot is actually a mini series like Generation Kill. Has a similar length too. The version that is cut to theatre length is atrocious.

I'm about an hour in. Is this nigga gay?

I don't know, are you?

4 hours

Yes. He also gets anally raped by a mooslim. He acts scarred in the movie but in real life he enjoyed it.

By Jove I certainly am not.

and the mini series is one of the best war storys ever filmed.

if you watch movies this long u are a homo

Das Boot had theatrical release before the miniseries.

Until the End of the World - Bis ans Ende der Welt (1991, director Wim Wenders)
imdb.com/title/tt0101458/
>Runtime: 280 min (director's cut) | 179 min (1991 European cut)
>In 1999, Claire's life is forever changed after she survives a car crash. She rescues Sam and starts traveling around the world with him. Writer Eugene follows them and writes their story, as a way of recording dreams is being invented.

It's a rainy, languid slightly cyberpunk-ish road movie.
trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=MfKBaMpgc98

Ben-Hur (1959)
>Runtime: 212 min | 219 min (1970) | 224 min (1962) | 222 min (1993 re-release) | 214 min (DVD edition) | 222 min (2005 DVD)
It would take you 1313 minutes to watch all versions. This does not include any extras.

The Green Mile - when you finally get to take a piss break, you'll know a small part of what Tom Hanks felt like.
>Runtime: 189 min
wow

One time I rented a movie, which I muuch later realized it was actually a miniseries. I watched like 4 hours before I started to think maybe..perhaps it was not just a movie. It didn't have transitions between episodes and I was about 12 y/o, so not as retarded

I think it was a series about two brothers finding some island where dinosaurs still exist and a not-modern civilization living on it

another case of miniseries/movie confusion: Fanny and Alexander by Ingmar Bergman

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanny_and_Alexander
>Fanny and Alexander (Swedish: Fanny och Alexander) is a Swedish drama film which was released to cinemas in Sweden on 17 December 1982,[3] written and directed by Ingmar Bergman. The plot focuses on two siblings and their large family in Uppsala, Sweden in the 1900s. It was originally conceived as a four-part TV movie and cut in that version, spanning 312 minutes; a 188-minute cut version was created later for cinematic release, although this version was in fact the one to be released first. The TV version has since been released as a complete film, and both versions have been shown in theaters throughout the world. The 312-minute (five-hour, twelve-minute) cut is one of the longest cinematic films in history.

They do that sometimes. Sometimes they cut out the intros from episodes to make it fit on fewer discs.

Heaven's Gate, runtime 219 minutes

Infernal Affairs Chronological Cut
Watchmen Ultimate Cut
Apocalypse Now Redux

Our weeb teacher had us watch this in English class in highschool.
He tricked us and said we could have finals testing or we could watch a movie and do a report on it.

This, the miniseries is the version you HAVE to see.

kino btw

>you will never watch the uncut version of Greed

the most redpilled film

I remember an old movie about some upside down sunken ship with people still living in the air bubble, it went on and on and on, like 6 hours. Cant seem to find it though.

>Goliath Awaits
I literally googled "film with upside down ship"

Dinotopia ?

I'm too smart to use Google.

10h. Most of Lav diaz movies are 4hrs+

patrician

trash

>das boot
youtube.com/watch?v=zuDtACzKGRs
What did they mean by this?

t. pleb

I remember watching some Hamlet movie that was 5 or 6 hours long.

Gettysburg (1993) directors cut
4 hours 31 mins

both versions are patrician

>but in real life he enjoyed it.
In real life it never happened

Underground (1995 film)
>The theatrical version is 163 minutes long. In interviews, Kusturica stated that his original version ran for over 320 minutes, and that he was forced to cut it by co-producers.
Supposedly there's a miniseries - director's cut version but I haven't seen it.

Has the importance of a conflict ever been so inflated as the american civil war?

Americans jizz themselves over it.

movie is great though

1900 - 5 hours and 17 minutes long

is that the one where De Niro whips his dick out?

Yep

>Netflix only has the Theatrical Cut

Fucks sake

okay, now I kinda dont want to watch it.

The cure for insomnia is the longest film it's 87 hours. It would take 3 days and 15 hours to finish it

my favorite

Probably intentional though. Like it makes you fall asleep

He moist likely lied about being raped, as it he wanted the British Empire to look bad due to the outcome of the Middle Eastern front. Which was largely motived by the fact they tried to make him a modern Horatio Nelson or Arthur Wellesley in a terrible war.

hey ur a faggot

> Like it makes you fall asleep
like how if you honk at a stop light long enough you make it turn green.

>Runtime: 212 min | 219 min (1970) | 224 min (1962) | 222 min (1993 re-release) | 214 min (DVD edition) | 222 min (2005 DVD)
is there lot of differencies between the versions ?
I saw the movie twice, onece in the theater and once in DVD but no idea wich version it was

long and great

My college library had the "original uncut version" (full series cut together into one four and a half hour movie). Watching it, and I am not exaggerating, was akin to a spiritual experience. It might be the most epic movie ever made, at the very least it's firmly in the same league as Ben Hur or Lawrence.

great sountrack
youtube.com/watch?v=4Pl-kro-5fc
youtube.com/watch?v=JJv9hwcTTqw

mullohand drive
aka the poop goblin

11 hours

Mulholland is 2 20

but the poop goblin haunt until you die

Almost 3 hours of pure fucking kino

I've been looking for this screencap for a while, thank you user.