youtube.com/watch?v=sjFIB1L3BPU
youtube.com/watch?v=2uh4yMAx2UA&feature=youtu.be&t=4m10s
youtube.com/watch?v=0dO0Q2oVrs8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

posting the others just because

SO REBEL!

>Military pilot
>Doesn't like following rules

Is the blue one going to suddenly "go on leave" after being "injured" in a fight and then get replaced by the pink one in this too?

>Main guy is SUPER COOL and DOESN'T PLAY BY THE RULES
>Guy's best friend is a similarly SUPER COOL GUY but is constantly hitting on chicks
>Fat guy LOOOOOVES FOOD and is always JOKING AROUND
>Skinny nerd LOOOOOOOVES technology and being a huge nerd
can we stop?
I really don't want to hit the single female protagonist in the group who is similarly cool and rough enough to show the boys she's tough

>black guy is the dumbest
>and the strongest

That's a boy?

They literally called the Lancer Lance.

It is a girl in disguise.

They think it will be a TWIST.

Mas, this show look so cliche and shitty. Fucking WHY?

>They literally called the Lancer Lance.

He was called that back in '84.

Rules are for fags
now let me show you a trick
youtube.com/watch?v=sjFIB1L3BPU

I guess it's better than getting a feudal samurai to pilot your shit.

Is that a sword or an oversized Katar?

Didn't they bring in the blue one's never before mentioned twin brother in the original? The dub kind of made the right call in the end, because the original just came back, healed up.

>Military pilot
>Doesn't like following rules

So fucking dumb. Pilots NEED their team to survive. Going by the book is what keeps them alive.

youtube.com/watch?v=2uh4yMAx2UA&feature=youtu.be&t=4m10s

Recording of real fighter pilot dodging 6 anti-aircraft missles. His wingman didn't make it

They did, however in the new one they are, at least in the beginning matching the colors of the uniforms to their lions. The original Lance/Isamu back in '84 wore the blue uniform but piloted red lion.

Sven/Shirogane wore the black uniform and piloted blue lion and was injured/killed in episode 6 and was replaced by the Princess.

The new black one is the leader, Shiro.

Am I the only one legitimately excited for this show?

Yeah but I'm sure he's a competent leader instead of being retarded

No, I am too. After Voltron 3D and Voltron Force this group seems to be the only one that seems to 'get it' or have a better idea of how to go about this show.

I've gone from being cautious to a bit excited now so we'll see how it goes.

Yeah I honestly can't wait. It'll probably satisfy my need of action shows in the West.

...where's black lion?

Oh god, the Princess drives black lion, doesn't she.

Nah there's a black lion. No one linked his picture.

>Nah there's a black lion. No one linked his picture.

This guy pilots Black Lion.

Why is his "strength" so low compared to the others?

One of the nice points that Vendetti made was that Hal sucked as a leader but excelled at being a retard. And somehow making it work.

For example, killing himself on the random chance he could make Nekron, lord of death, his personal Pokemon.

Shirogane was really popular apprently and his brother was a way to him back.

The dub just kept Sven alive and the brought him back as an ally and temp pilot in the US only episodes

Yeah and he's probably gonna die and Allura will take his place.

werent 2 of the members girls?
why are they all males now

Only Princess was a girl. She replaces Sven when he dies in the original. Which has potential to be a stronger character arc here but Princess seems so in name only.

That is literally the dynamic of every combining robot team ever.

>feisty hot head
>cool guy
>fat guy
>girl
>dorky and/or cowardly guy

Literally Messer

>Only Princess was a girl. She replaces Sven when he dies in the original. Which has potential to be a stronger character arc here but Princess seems so in name only.

I don't doubt she'll be a lion pilot down the line but from what voltron.com mentions she's currently pilots the Castle Ship.

I've been starving for action cartons besides Rebels, so you're not alone.

Allura is coming and Pidge is a reverse trap.

Are we sure Pudge is a reverse trap? There were girls in the boot camp. Also hype for Chip. Think we'll see Dairugger in action?

It was leaked on a promo site, but they took it down. I think Pidge is a complete disguise rather than just using it to get into an all-boys place or something.

Are you sure though? I heard that the 'leak' had multiple typos and other errors and that really the only thing that seems to have been 'right' is that Galra name was retained for this.

Maybe that'll be a Dragonzord sixth Lion

Why mess with the classics.

Its a classic bit. Chill

Maybe he'll become the soul of the Black Lion and come back with a robot body later.

It's trite at this point.

you can't get much more dead than that

The VA is a girl. All the other pilots are voiced by men.

The VA is actually Sin from Arrow in fact.

>>black guy
not with that hair my nilla

You're right user, women never do voice work for young male characters. What were we thinking?

Pidge is still a kid and it is not uncommon for young males to be voiced by women. Naota in FLCL, Gohan in DBZ, Luffy in One Piece for examples.

Hell, in the original Golion Masako Nozawa played Hiroshi/Pidge.

>He

he's a fuccboi

Not sure how I feel about this design for Laura. Too Tenchi Muyo.

They can't kill Josh Keaton

>4 males
Why would I even watch this again?

Do you only watch shows for waifus?

Hey this doesn't look like Flash.

I've never seen Voltron and love this design.

Not really. Its been years since they've used the Hotshot Pilot bit in a cartoon.

To add, the hotshot pilot isn't the leader however much of what is said for Shiro screams deathflags so its logical to think that if/when Shiro gets bumped that Keith will have to 'grow up' pretty damn quick if/when he takes charge.

>some no-one OC is piloting black
This guy better die off quick so Kieth can take over or this series is in the trash from the get go.

If that's the case, why didn't they just hire a kid for Pidge?

It's becoming the norm to hire kids and teens for younger voices. Plus all the suspiciously baggy clothing.

Could be a number of reasons.

1) The actress was what they were looking for to begin with and what they want to go forward with.

2) They are hedging their bets if this series does work out. If its a season per year then you risk the child growing up and out of the voice type they want a few seasons down the road.

3) The rumors are correct and Pidge is a reverse trap. This I personally hope to not be the case.

I don't get what was he trying to do?

emergency landing are things from movies?

pidge is a reverse trap though so it's 2:3.

>If that's the case, why didn't they just hire a kid for Pidge?

Because kids grow up and their voices change (ex. the voice actor in Aang in ATLA).

Pidge is not only stronger, but smarter than Keith. Why isn't Pidge the leader?

Voltron is the show that basically fucking established that concept in the west.

I'm thinking that arm is either armored or cybernetic, and if its cybernetic that might be what takes him out of the pilot seat for a while.

I'm hoping Aura is close to her original version. I.E A girly princess clearly in over her head but actually becomes a vital part of the team. Especially after watching Golion her japanese counterpart and Pidge's were the only ones with actual plot development and were really likable.

But they won't which will be odd thats for sure, how do you avoid the princess being a damsel when one of the main villains whole motivation is his obsession with her.

>Why does Ross, the largest Friend, not simply eat the other five?

YOU BETTER DELIVER ON THAT HOT CGI MECHA ACTION VOLTRON

FAFNER AND MJP HAVE MADE MY STANDARDS TOO HIGH FOR SLOCK THAT'S ALDNOAH ZERO TIER

Two bara guys. Two pretty bishie guys. One token shota.
Fujoshi will be happy with this show!

>rebooting Voltron
We're really going to have to endure years of this nostalgia pandering shit aren't we?

The original is a poorly dubbed 80s anime that most people probably haven't watched in 30 years.

Dreamworks presents, another cancelled series that only last a season.

He's actually the origin of the trope's name.

They already had a CG Voltron and did nothign with it.

>Netflix shows
>getting cancelled

You also forget the Nickelodeon one a couple of years back.

Never forget!

>Military pilot
>Dosn't like following rules

dat artifacting tho

it always manages to be more hideous than I remember it

Shuddering here.

Simple, he wants to conquer her in battle and enjoy breaking her pride and spirit. Or her being forced to become a good pilot and challenging him is what starts the obsession in the first place.

Everyone actually beliving Zarkon had reformed was mind-boggling.

I don't know how I feel or what I expect from this show. I just know that Voltron's combination sequence is a straight up GaoGaiGar tribute so it has me by the balls already.

youtube.com/watch?v=0dO0Q2oVrs8

>...like unto...a thing of IRON

I just finished watching this whole series, and I can honestly say... it's bad. It could have been good, but it wasn't. I was able to watch every episode, and I liked some of it, but it was mostly... just bad.

I think it's utterly amazing that this show is even coming out without at least 2 members of the main Voltron crew being girls with one member being black or asian.

What do you expect? He's part of the Chair Force.

>no-one OC

Err, he's obv this iteration's Sven/Shirogane.

Why is it even after all this time so many people are still hung up over the fact that the pilot's outfit colors don't match those of the lions they ride in?

So what are these companies going to do when they run out of shit to reboot?

what the hell kind of callsign is Keith

They're all transmen, all 4 of them.

>implying Hollywood has a one reboot limit

M E G A N E
E
G
A
N
E

>For example, killing himself on the random chance he could make Nekron, lord of death, his personal Pokemon.

That was Johns' final issue, Venditti had nothing to do with it.

All five of them were Asians in the original.