Be honest. Harry Potter is a pretty damn good series

Be honest. Harry Potter is a pretty damn good series.

You're dull Harry.

YOU'RE dull!

first 3 ones are comfy original flicks
then it became regular blockbuster shit

I'm just gonna sit back and wait for my favorite pasta to be served.

I think the first two were good

They were directed perfectly in my opinion. Some people say that he was a little too safe and that the style was aimed mostly at children but I think it worked for all ages. My uncle who hates reading and hates kid movies took me to watch it and he ended up actually liking them and buying the books and DVDs and shit afterwards.

Be honest. Harry Potter is one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

'No!'

The first two are solidly children's movies, but they moved into a more mature direction too rapidly with the third. It's a good movie but the change in tone is jarring from two to three.

>Ozu and avatar being held in the same tier in anyway possible.

You damn well bet I'm triggered.

The pasta is meant to be ironic, dumdum. It always uses a facetious image and uses excerpts from a fabricated review(the reviewer never actually read the book but pretended he did and hated it because he was a miserable old cunt who hated joy).

Post 'em.

The first 3 are good
4, 5, 6 and 7 part 1 suck, though part 2 is nice.
Fantastic Beasts is garbage

>6 and 7.1 suck
Nigga u dumb

>I wrote myself into a hole in Book 3
>HURR DURR TIME TRAVEL TO FIX ERRYTHIN

Aaaand the series ends right there.

Maybe if you're a fucking manchild from tumblr and redit

Are you fucking retarded? The time travel is alluded to in the first few chapters. Do you honestly think she wrote the entire story up until the end, realized she couldn't resolve it, then went back in and put in a bunch of time travel shit and made a time travel ending rather than just tweaking the story to allow an ending without time travel?

>BvS is teh best!
>Harry Potter is for babbies!

Who are you quoting, adult child? Both fall under the same IQlet media

>on THE board for manchildren
>decides to take a pointless stand against manchildren
That makes YOU the manchild, dipshit.

I just realised that John Cleese got the highest billing out of anyone in the film besides the three kids. No wonder they took him out of the other ones, he probably cost a fortune.

Yup. I call it the George Lucas I-have-ideas-but-no-real-story Syndrome.