Kate leth

Is she the cancer saving comics?

Other urls found in this thread:

womenwriteaboutcomics.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/katelethphoto.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

She tweeted not too long ago that she was over comics. Quickly deleted it.

I assume because Hellcat is probably getting canceled.

You just want someone to post that one page from her Hellcat comic. Or that other page from her Hellcat comic. Or that other other page from her Hellcat comic. Or that one thing she did about not liking Batman. Or that one comic she did about a turnip woman with super powers.

But no I won't. I won't give you what you want, OP.

>ironic rockabilly hair
>arm tattoos

sh aint gonna give up $1300 a month from patreon. or maybe she will, and just go the Spoony Experiment route of Patreon

>12/15 Patsy Walker Hellcat #1 - 46,198
>01/16 Patsy Walker Hellcat #2 - 20,836 (-54.9%)
>02/16 Patsy Walker Hellcat #3 - 16,587 (-18.6%)
>03/16 Patsy Walker Hellcat #4 - 15,971 (- 3.7%)
>Patsy Walker Aka Hellcat #5 - 12,703
not really

>she has a paywall for her non marvel comics comics
pffft, I ain't paying 5 bucks to lookit her stuff
woah, these numbers are BAD

Yeah it's getting to be Omega Men and Midnighter bad

Marvel is probably hoping it'll sell more in trade

>openly admits to wearing dresses because her ass is too big for pants

How many women do this? Because I love big butts in jeans and I'd hate to think women are actively avoiding it.

Wow. Just goes to show that you should never let pandering get in the way of a story.

I can only imagine how people will respond to part six, given how the art is pretty much deviantArt-tier

Also what are the numbers for Squirrel Girl?

you aren't supposed to sexually objectify women!
I dunno why, but that's what I'm told
yeah, generally comics sell better in trades, but c'mon, who would wanna pay $20 bucks or more for Hellcat starring Patsy Walker as written by Kate Leth?
now, if it was hellcat by those immomen folks, I'd buy every single issue in a heartbeat AND trades

>10/15 Unbeattable Squirrel Girl #1 - 43,155
>11/15 Unbeattable Squirrel Girl #2 - 23,064 (-46.6%)
>12/15 Unbeattable Squirrel Girl #3 - 25,350 (+ 9.9%)
>01/16 Unbeattable Squirrel Girl #4 - 19,923 (-21.4%)
>02/16 Unbeattable Squirrel Girl #5 - 17,743 (-10.9%)
>03/16 Unbeattable Squirrel Girl #6 - 20,739 (+16.9%)
>Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #7 - 17,869
and the trades of the last two volumes did really good so they'll keep this one

SG is a hit, her trades sell insanely well. Has Ryan north been given another ongoing yet by marvel?

She's a fucking cunt

Seriously? With art this bad?

I do it because I think my short legs make me look like a dwarf.

Wait trades sell better than floppies and companies care about trade sales?

Hey, without her, we never would have had Princess Highground.

That art got nominated for an eisner.

So can someone who has looked into Kate's comics tell me what her actual diagnosed mental issues are? She basically spills everything about her on the page, so I'm pretty sure she mentioned it once, but I can't remember. All I know is that she used to cut herself, she disappears from parties without telling her friends where she went because of almost no reason and breaks down, and she has really unhealthy attitudes toward men she at least partially got from her mother.

It's all ages friendly

Sup Forums barely even gives a shit about art unless it's considered ugly by a lot of people, the general public sees a silly looking comic and want to read it. They don't give a shit how it's drawn.

>It's another Kate Leth hate thread

Everyone looks like they have Down Syndrome.

> Yeah it's getting to be Omega Men and Midnighter bad
Jesus christ man don't depress me. These two books shouldn't be compared to Kate's garbage.

I think she wants to transition into animation, which makes sense as it's a much better industry to work in and if she wants to do YA stuff there's much more of an audience.

>ARE YOU READING SQUIRREL GIRL?
Nobody is.

I think your short legs are a cute

You say deviantart tier, but the artist for Omega Men was literally picked up from deviantart.

I don't know that she's even gone into detail on specific diagnosis. She shared that there was a suicide attempt in her late teens IIRC (I don't subscribe, so can't check).

SG is a hit when it comes to trade sales in bookstores but not in floppies, which would mean that the people buying it are largely not traditional comic buyers. I'm guessing it gets advertised as an All Ages book and therefore sells well to kids.

Which, hey, that's fine. I hate USG, but the general lack of All Ages books from the Big 2 is kinda concerning for something that used to be marketed exclusively towards kids.

It's too bad Marvel's other All Ages book, Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur, doesn't seem to be doing nearly as well despite being both better written and better drawn than USG.

>hundreds of millions of people in america
>bothering to ask anyone if they're one of the 20,000 who buy squirrel girl

y-you too

user, I'm sure there's another 20k that read it through piracy.

At least the writing is funnier than Hellcat, like the part about all the possible reasons SG might have been born with powers. Leth's work...it's not very good. It's trying to be a light, funny take, but it doesn't have the humor to back it up, and occasionally the writer's underlying issues bubble to the surface in the portrayal of the main character. It's got pretty much nothing to recommend it.

>That art got nominated for an eisner.

Depends entirely on the comic. More traditional superhero comics tend to be all about the floppie market (your Amazing Spider-mans and Supermans and what have you), but certain comics that don't do great in floppies have found big success through trades.

For example, Fraction's Hawkeye wasn't actually that high of a seller via floppies, but it sold HUGE numbers in non-DM trades. It outsold all of Marvel's other trades two years running and apparently still sells really well in trades despite having been over for a couple years now.

Ms. Marvel and USG are also comics that sell extremely well in trades but only have middling sales in floppies.

DC tends to have a lot of their comics sell well in trades too, which is why they're double-shipping now so they can get their trades out faster.

Everything she does just makes me wanna punch her in her try-hard ironic face.

I only like Unbeatable Squirrel Girl cause she's drawn kinda cute

I don't think Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur has hit trades yet though, unless I just didn't notice.

man they better hope their trade orders are strong because otherwise it's definitely gonna be dead.

I think it will do fine. It's a decent book, and kids like dinosaurs.

The real sad part is that there are great artists struggling to earn a living while creating some truly fantastic art, and then there is this shit tier work that is an insult to the folks in line at conventions having their work torn apart by editors. Paying the SG creative team is a huge injustice and probably a crime. I mean, you can have garbage for free, why pay for it?

>Is she the cancer saving comics?
Kate Leth is the blood in your pee that finally gets you to do that prostate exam that your wife has been bugging you about. So maybe? It really on what the test results say.

Didn't moon girl get canceled already?

>saving comics

her writing is on the same level of generic moe anime.

it's one of those books that's on the verge, but no. i think the only Marvel books cancelled into ANAD so far are Angela and Black Knight, though i may be forgetting some (not counting Blade, which basically got stealth cancelled before it even published a #1)

I like this for the most part but
>Squirrel girl

>I don't know that she's even gone into detail on specific diagnosis.
If I had to guess, she's never actually been diagnosed with anything. She just kind of goes on, figuring shit out for herself. But I think in some ways she's not better for it.

> the general public sees a silly looking comic and want to read it.
>the general public
>reading comics, period

What planet do you hail from?

Everything's getting canceled for Marvel NOW! part 2, I doubt this will be making a return.

From the thumbnail I thought it was Daphne and Elsa.

All hail the murdercube.

i dont get it, most comics have a bland industrial completelly without personality artstyle that passes as better than that just because you guys are used to blandness?

i mean, its not great, but also how is that worse than this

The squirrel girl image is a cover, user. The book pages often look considerably worse

that's at least an attempt to draw a human figure.

So wait just because bland and generic gets overlooked means bad art is fine because it isn't generic?

Nope, it's still going. Probably going to be cancelled by 12 though.

no, i didn't say it's not bad, i said its not worse than bad generic art

Probably because that isn't winning awards for being bold and fresh and innovative. Squirrel Girl is though.

>shit is innovative

You probably need to reread my post.

Or I probably should've worded it better.

Hoo wow.
You know, I bet we're gonna see a lot of shit of people going "How are these books canceled and Nazi Cap not canceled?! TOXIC MASCULINITY!"

womenwriteaboutcomics.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/katelethphoto.jpg ...I would...