How do you feel about how Red handled Erics engagement. While yet getting engaged that young is stupid...

How do you feel about how Red handled Erics engagement. While yet getting engaged that young is stupid, "you lose your car, job and school funding if you don't break it off" seems kinda extreme and downright petty

Given that Laura Prepon had gotten sucked into scientology, he made the right call. Topher is entirely too impressionable as it is.

I mean he was a dick but they did end up not being together so he was right

Sometimes if you never were able to pull in women it would be better if you just found one and married her but this is a robot speaking and red was a little too harsh

I really hated how they made him a cardboard character

Reds biggest issue was he had absolutely zero self awareness

Red realized he was in a situation where he couldn't win so he threw a temper tantrum. It's as simple as that

Yeah its wierd. There was always a method to reds madness. But when dealing with the engagement it was literally nothing more than red raging because he couldn't get his way.

I'm honestly surprised kitty never puts her foot down and tells red to stop being a fucking sociopath

>While yet getting engaged that young is stupid,
There's nothing wrong with getting engaged and marrying young. Prolonging marriage is one of the mistakes modern people make.

She has many times

This.

I have friends who got married out of highschool and to this day their marriage is the strongest I've ever seen. Sometimes you just know.

Red just couldn't emotionally handle that he couldn't control his ADULT son anymore

Well, if Red is really from the Greatest Generation, then the generation before him and probably most people of his generation generally got married pretty young. I don't see why it's a problem for two young people to get married. It's better than marrying some chick after she's ridden the cock carousel for 10 years.

I meant with the engagement in particular.

She doesn't really do anything, she just kinda sits in the background while red fucks up their sons life.

But Red was right, they ended up not being together

>Red just couldn't emotionally handle that he couldn't control his ADULT son anymore

but the problem was that Eric was an adult in age only. He was a manchild that wasn't ready for marriage. He hadn't even gone to fucking college yet.

As another user said, Eric and Donna don't end up together. Red did the right thing. High School romances hardly ever survive an entire marriage.

So instead he runs away to Africa to fight Spiderman.

Technically they did end up together in the finale, just not married.

Red got pissed so he gave Eric a dose of reality: if you want to be a man and get married then be a man and build your life from the ground up without help from your parents. It's a dick move, but if Eric had pulled it off he would have had Red's respect.

For real? I'll have to give that show another watch through. Haven't seen it since they were airing new episodes and that got that one insufferable cunt to replace Eric.

But he actively sabotaged every single chance Eric had to do just that.

Red would've been long dead by now. Crazy how long ago the 70s actually were.