Does Disney own the film rights to Mephisto?

Does Disney own the film rights to Mephisto?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KJbg9V2KnD8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah. Achebe is showing up in black panther.

That hasn't been confirmed at all.

Is there anything unique enough about marvel Mephisto to claim any sort of copyright on anyway

I believe so. He was in the Ghost Rider package, and they got that back, so they can likely do whatever they want with him now.

He's a villain of both Dr Strange and Spiderman so expect a split deal like with QS and SW.

>marvel Mephisto
As opposed to DC Mephisto?

As opposed to mythology Mephisto

>villain of both Dr. Strange and Spiderman
>despite appearing in only one Spider-Man story
lolno

He's a Ghost Rider villain first and foremost, and he was in that movie without any sort of deal being mentioned.

Yes actually with the upcoming Ghost Rider Netflix show, and if they really wanted to anger people they could include him in the upcoming Spider-Films

You mean Mephistopheles. There is no mythology Mephisto.

>He's a villain of both Dr Strange and Spiderman
It doesn't always work like that with these movie rights. It comes down to what rights are sold with the hero at the time the deal is being negotiated. So since he was central to Ghost Rider, it's possible they just sold him to Columbia/Sony.

He's also a fairly huge Surfer villain, no?

But yeah I doubt there's anything keeping anyone from using a demon called Mephistopheles.

So who do you think they go with. Stick with Johnny Blaze or go with Danny Ketch or Robbie Reyes?

Dr Strange 3: Triumph and Torment

Fuuuuuck, this needs to happen, fuck Foxtastic Fail.

Now that Disney own both properties, are we going to see the one screen reunion of Mephisto and his brother?

Eh, they don't, at least for a while. Ghost Rider needs to be a movie to get the budget the skull needs, and right now the movies are focusing on the Avengers. Maybe in phase 5 or 6 or who knows what, if they decide to build up to something different from Avengers movies. By that time, they may have already used Mephisto for something.

Debuted in Surfer. Is Surfer's archnemesis. Which would put him with Fox.
Allegedly that's why they never actually refer to him as Mephisto in the Columbia movies. Didn't have the rights to.

>fuck Foxtastic Fail.
3 F4 movies, and not a single one could get Doom right. The closest we got was the fucking Roger Corman unreleased one.

God I hope not.
Strange has enough great material to carry a trilogy on his own without cramming in other characters' shit.
Gimme a Shuma movie for the threequel.

>Allegedly that's why they never actually refer to him as Mephisto in the Columbia movies.
Or they did it because "Mephisto" sounds stupid when you say it out loud.

>Gimme a Shuma movie for the threequel.
Yiss. I'd love to see Triumph and Torment, it's just not really a "Doctor Strange" story, so it would be weird to make it his movie. It's a "Doctor Strange helps Doom out with a problem he has" story.

Yes and they will sing.

He was part of the Ghost RIder pile, right?
They got back Ghost Rider, right?
sooo...

Ghost Rider didn't have Mephisto, it had Mephistopholes, a public domain character. Fox has Mephisto.

>Fox has Mephisto.
Well now you're going about this like it's a statement of fact, but we don't know. It's very possible that Sony had Mephisto and chose to call him "Mephistopheles" because it just sounds better.

It sounds demon-y.

Mystical Villains:

Door Mam oooh
Cough On
De' Spare Tire
Shoe ma' Go Rath
Nighty night mare
Zoom
Mo' Dred
Me fist oh
Settings

It sounds like a nickname for Mephistopheles. "Hey, Mephisto! How's it cracking down in Hades? Bought any good souls lately?"

What aboit Morgan Le Fey and Enchantress?

More-gone Leafy
Enchantless

Mephisto is another name for Mephistopheles.

If he's with Surfer, no. But I really doubt that.

If he's with Ghost Rider or Spidey, yes.

well mephis on its own just means scatterer
the tophel part means liar but only inasmuch as it's an abbreviation of tophel sheqer, 'lie-poster'. so by itself it just means the posting part, because sheqer is lies. but abbreviations are allowed i guess.

You are an embarrassment.

Sure thing, Fisto.

youtube.com/watch?v=KJbg9V2KnD8

>Door Mam oooh

>>despite appearing in only one Spider-Man story

At least two actually. There was one more day of course, and there was a secret wars 2 tie-in where Beyonder and Mephisto wager the end of the world between a fight of their champions, Spidey was Mephistos champion, Beyonder picked Zarathos.

This seems like a thing google could tell you. Are you gonna at least storytime a Mephisto book or something?

You forgot Rorrkannu, Lord of the Dank Dimension.

>This seems like a thing google could tell you.
Actually, definitive information on who owns what character doesn't seem to have been released to the public. The companies themselves mention certain things in context, but no contracts or lists have become available outside whatever deals were made between the companies. So we don't really know if Disney/Marvel or Fox owns Mephisto.

>>despite appearing in only one Spider-Man story
And yet he's done more damage to the character with that story than his rogues gallery has done in nearlky 50 years
Let's hope he doesn't show up again or Spidey will have to deal with Aunt May being de-aged to Trouble times

This is the kind of thing we need for every single Marvel/DC demon.

> Dank Dimension

kek

Shuma visits the Doctor (Strange)...

"I'm afraid it's...Cancerverse..."
"Cancerverse? Where is it, Doctor?"
"It's your entire fucking dimension, Mr. Hentai Fantasy."

> Aunt May
> De-aged

It's already happened.

>Shuma visits Doctor Strange for help
That is a setup for the most cataclysmic anything to ever happen in Marvel, right there.

I'm pretty sure he showed up in Silver Surfer, so he should technically be with Fox.

I wanna say that outside his hell, SS would kick M's ass, but I'm not sure.

Ketch , he's the one with the best back story, better villains and best bike