How can they not make another movie as good as this after more than 10 years later and 4 movies later?

How can they not make another movie as good as this after more than 10 years later and 4 movies later?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s1NUJDB0Rkk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why would they when the sequels are better and make more money?

but they did

>Dead Man's Chest

They'll never make it because you've already seen the first one. Plus you've got nostalgia for it now clouding your judgement.

None of them are good, the first one is just not as bad as the proceeding 4

>83292451
I'm watching it right now on Netflix. It's still a really good movie.

First one is incredibly good. Second and fifth are both great. Third is pretty weak and the fourth is just shit.

The problem is after the first one, all the other movies feel the need to add in more less than 10 side plotlines. Half of which are dropped halfway in the movies and never brought back up.

Every character arc is perfectly tied up, so what do you think the next movie is going to be about?

>The American Revolution

>Time Travel

>AYYYYYLMAOs

what pirate action adventure movie is better than PotC 1?

>so what do you think the next movie is going to be about

With any luck, it'll be about Jack and Barbossa's early years with Jack going to save him to repay him and NOT fucking Jones again.

Is there anything more average and uninteresting than being a fan of this franchise? The first movie was mildly entertaining, the rest are crap. It's based on a fucking amusement park ride for fuck sake. One hundred percent corporate product garbage. Who cares.

>Pirates versus the Eldritch Abomination
I'd watch that

>all the other movies feel the need to add in more less than 10 side plotlines. Half of which are dropped halfway in the movies and never brought back up.

This shit is what happens when a movie does good, and the studio jews automatically approve it for 3 more movies immediately. They just start writing sequel hooks all over the place.

Expect shit like this to be in the new Star Wars movies, considering that Disney already approved a new Star Wars every year until 2029

t. brainlet who thinks the Pirates films are corporate

It's a good series, unlike the capeshit you probably jerk yourself off to

what do you want to see in the next pirates of the carribean bros?

>henry turner learns how to act
>henry turner grows a character

I'm hoping that's where the series is leading.

The trident of poseidon didn't look like a greek god's weapon, it looks like cthulhu's dick.

>meet ayyyyylmaos
>"we are explorers who sail through the stars"
>have to deal with some cosmic level shit

There's an anticapitalist anticolonialist undercurrent that runs through the first 3 though, like most of Verbinski's work.

>Jack
>Jack the monkey
>Gibbs
>Midget
>the two guards
>Scrum

Has the Black Pearl crew ever been better?

Henry was bland but he wasn't a repeat of Will, which I appreciated. He was basically an Indiana Jones type

The first movie is a rewrite of a monkey island script. The rest are all original material

I have a feeling literal retards write the scripts for most films.

Even if it's kinda stale now, it was fresh and new the first 3 times so obviously many people came to love this franchize for doing something you couldn't see anywhere else.

>butthurt over garbage film series

The parrot guy.

Dead Mans Chest is goat

I think he's probably dead both in and out of the series

Lmao you literally are a capeshit fan

Don't worry I'm sure disney will pump out at least 15 more capeshit films for you to guzzle between this and the next pirates film

brainlet detected

As an user in other thread put it, the series was better when it was about pirates with supernatural elements, instead of supernatural with pirate elements.

They stuck with Bloom and Knightley in the 2nd and 3rd. The whole love triangle thing weighs it all down.

Also they got too caught up making everything bigger. More fights, more magic, blah, blah.

>With any luck, it'll be about Jack and Barbossa's early years

>remember the flashback scene with young jack CGI

>he wants an entire movie like that

NOOOOOO

unless its time travel shit and jack has to meet his past self

the flashback scene that explained how Jack got his name and his outfit was absolute kino though

Just need Pintel, Regetti, the mute and his parrot then it will be complete

>Only the British Empire will hold the power of the sea!
I don't think I've ever cringed so hard

Except for the part where they CGI johnny depps face onto a childs body.

There have been 5 PotC movies in 14 years. No other movie franchize is anything like these movies. Why are hipsters pretending there is an oversaturation here like this is some annual Fast & Furious shit?

They did

It was okay, the rest of the scene was GOAT.

>Only the British Empire will hold the power of the sea!
>I don't think I've ever cringed so hard

>literally not taking the chance to say BRITANNIA RULES THE WAVES
The writers are amateur hacks.

LOL

youtube.com/watch?v=s1NUJDB0Rkk

>Paul McCartney makes a cameo

>doesn't say HELP
>doesn't say All you need is love
>doesn't say I get by with a little help from my friends

missed opportunities: the movie.

Who do you think will make the next cameo?

Just saw the 5th movie, I liked it, but I really felt like they overplayed Jack being an alcoholic this time around.

Also, Henry hardly felt like a real character. I was expecting him to be the focus of the story but he was kind of "just there" the whole time.

How did he get his name and costume?

This to me is the iconic still from the franchise.

BECAUSE IT NEEDS A BIGGER BUDGET AND MORE EPIC COOL STUFF OH MY GOD IM CUMMING

I don't get it

Original pirates movies once every few years
>wahhh really ANOTHER one???

15 marvelshit since 2008

>Omg can't wait for the next in 2 months!!! XD

he got the surname "Sparrow" from climbing into the crowmast and taunting Salazar to chase him towards the Triangle

he got his hat, his hair bangles and some other trinkets as tribute from the crew of the Wicked Wench after he saved them from Salazar (who killed four ships before them in a single battle)

And the Wicked Wench is the Black Pearl

Maybe because the first one is great and the rest are progressively shittier and shittier.
The capeshits are all pretty passable mediocre movies I guess.

it was a rip-off from the start anyways

Was that Jack CGI? Damn, I thought they found a similar looking young actor.

Capteshit is typically different characters. It's not there they is a new GotG movie every 2 years.

meh I think they are good enough and don't deserve the hate they get from nerds/critics. even 4.

It still looked off, but it's probably the best of Disney's de-aging gimmick.

WHAT DID THE BIRD SAY

Who he played? The uncle in the prison cell?

yes

>Capitalism allows him to get paid exorbitant amounts for playing pretend
>Colonialism brought civilization across the ocean and made the former possible
Ironic. I guess anti-capitalism is driven by immense guilt.

The first two are Lennon songs you pleb. We Can Work It Out or Let It Be would've worked though

Make Jack's entire family rock legends

I'm fully expecting his aunt to be Joan Jett