JSA Storytime: Suicide Squad

Good evening owls of Sup Forums,

it's time for some fucked-up shit

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/HackinTimSeeley/status/736752838051811328
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hoot hoot! Thanks as always for storytiming, these threads are always the best of nighttime Sup Forums

>it's time for some fucked-up shit
Can't be any worse than the weirdos who constantly and obsessively post about kids cartoons.

I think I talked myself into being interested in Superwoman. When you look at what seems to be the cast on the first cover it's basically a Superbook Birds of Prey. DC should promote it with that in mind (since I don't think anyone is talking about it at all), but I doubt they will.

Yaaaay-wait no

Ha ha, time for incest

I heard Traci Thirteen is going to be in it and now I'm committed to at least checking out the first couple issues.

you're welcome, user

I really gotta go jogging this evening probably after storytime, though, I'm about to twitch out of my seat

awww shit, now we REAL politics

I'm this close to having a good long drunken breakdown over the dog. I know apparently most dogs adapt, but the crying is killing me.

There was a thread a day or two ago where I talked myself into thinking that's where Legion is gonna continue

is this /d/?

That's pretty vanilla for /d/

That included DC Comics freelance artist Allan Goldman, who posted to Facebook,

What happens if the 30 rapists claimed they are women?

According to the leftist gender ideology, a person is what you feel, and your biology does not matter. The society is obliged to accept this decision, if not is fascism!

How the Court will hear case of a woman who was raped by 30 other women?

I was curious now.

I think all sorts of people might like to answer his curiosity. I’m going to go with, it would be exactly the same.

Chiaroscuro Studios, which represented Goldman with the American publishers have, as a result, terminated their arrangement with him, saying “We decided to terminate the relationship with artists not aligned with values that, for us, are absolutely non-negotiable”.

Goldman co-created the series Nox for Space Goat Productions as well as working on Superman, Action Comics, Teen Titans, Countdown and Future’s End for DC Comics.

His avatar references the Brazilian politician Jair Bolsonaro, also a rather controversial figure when it comes to talking about rape…

The Wall Is Mad

Yeah, can we not go there?

shiiiii-

Yes we can go here instead

twitter.com/HackinTimSeeley/status/736752838051811328

>My GenX perspective: really sad when a group of people who shared being beat up by jocks for loving nerd stuff descend upon each other.

Just finished volume 3 before I came to, anyone know when Volume 4 is going to be printed?

Agreed

I can't believe it's still rolling, people got mad at Bendis about it because he was all "wait and see, also I didn't do it?" and he didn't put his foot down as a Jewish writer and proclaim it was off-limits.

Is that really the case though? Seems like half the people who complain about comics and nerd stuff in general these days and dogpile others come off as the types who didn't give a shit about any of that growing up.

Hopefully soon what with the movie coming out this summer.

>a group of people who shared being beat up by jocks for loving nerd stuff

I'm sorry i didn't grow up in an 80's High School comedy

Amazon says July 19, 2016 for Janus Directive SS v. 4

I wonder if it'll have ALL the tie-ins?

The only good thing about that movie is the fact that it forced DC to reprint this run so I can put it on my shelf. I really didn't want to pay 70 bucks for volume 1, I was happy when my lcs had one for 20 bucks instead.

June I believe, although it's a trade of the whole Janus Directive crossover. So Firestorm, Manhunter, Captain Atom, and Checkmate issues mixed in

I was the person who in high school assumed that everyone hated me and was being condescending when they asked me to do anything with them, and it wasn't until my senior year that I realized I was the asshole for turning everyone down and not even trying to make friends.

>Collects CHECKMATE #15-18, SUICIDE SQUAD #27-30, MANHUNTER #14, FIRESTORM #86, CAPTAIN ATOM #30.

n-nice

then v5 in December

Only two issues of the run are actually pricey and not worth buying. Issue #1 and whatever issue Oracle first shows up in. If we can at least get up to that I wouldn't hate having to complete the run in floppies

>Checkmate

Do you think DC could convince Rucka to do Checkmate again or

>still no vol. 3 of Spectre

;______;

that last row of panels is great

I don't wanna retread too hard

anyways, we have to have real CIA write that, right

Lashina was my waifu during the Duchess times.

oh fuuuuuuck

Mainly, okay, I think we've all learned to be really cautious of "X returns to [foo] many years later"; but I still get pissy when whatever that [foo] had done was retconned or somehow wasted, so that no one else could pick it up later.

Pause to marvel at how many subgenres of cape we have already gone through in this few of issues

>oh fuuuuuuck

HAHA Welcome to Ditko land

we're so screwed

you now remember that Kamandi challenge is coming

Goddammit Boomer this is serious!

You stop that right now!

pls be good

> Collects CHECKMATE #15-18, SUICIDE SQUAD #27-30, MANHUNTER #14, FIRESTORM #86, CAPTAIN ATOM #30.

>crosses for everyone

OP? Have you considered stretching your sigil magic a little farther?

FUCK

I've tried, but that one and the Starman omnis seems beyond me.

>tfw Gotham By Midnight didn't raise more interest in the Spectre

I installed all the Morrowind patches, user

I might brew a character tonight after storytime and the jog I need to take

That's a pretty fucking cool cover.

>tfw suddenly feel bad for having the hardcovers

that's a horrible bowl cut

I feel like it almost has to be Supergirl with the confusion going on with the Supermans and all. She's their best bet at a strong introduction. We thought he was teasing JSA but that could have been what Orlando was tweeting about too.

here comes the incestuous not even subtext

He's rocking the Prince Valiant

O__o

Oh mama's sister.

OKAY THEN

>Bronze Tiger will never be interesting again

I remember being hyped for his Arrow appearance (ya know before the show was just generally shit) and so disappointed that he was a Wolverine rip off with no personality. shit they even had the PERFECT actor playing him

You were saying something about incest?

we not close to full crazy yet

glorious seeing this run in HD

>the family that gets possessed together, incests together

ok then

NOW we incest.

Y'all are right, Enchantress needs the witch hat

>SPAKOW

Where are Bronze Tiger and Nightshade now? Were Boomerbutt and Deadshot the only members to maintain popularity?

now shit's gonna get real

Nightshade hasn't been seen post-reboot

Bronze Tiger was a tiger

apparently BT's only been in Red Hood and the Outlaws so i doubt it was anything worth reading

I like how Bronze Tiger showed up in Grayson all normal

I am behind on Grayson

we really high fantasy here, now

yeah the modern adolescent experience is much more political, Mean Girls for real (even moreso the non-fiction book it's based on)

Not seen huh

Now i'm glad Nightshade wasn't touched

And before that she was last around in Shadowpact, which was great but died and then just made the occasional cameo because some writers remembered them fondly

She shows up in the Earth-4 Pax Americana one-shot in Multiversity, but she doesn't have any powers there, she's just the daughter of a senator who moonlights as a vigilante superhero.

Duchess must be /k/'s perfect waifu

Man, either I went to the wrong high school or I wasn't paying attention.

Added to my pull list

I really liked Pax Americana as a one-shot and as a comic object in and of itself but I've become increasingly uneasy with putting those styles on those characters, IDK.

Eh, it's only the Earth 4 versions of them so I'm not so concerned.

Nightshade>>>>>Silk Spectre

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE

But it might stick, kind of like how Captain Atom was kind of turned into Manhattan and Question got a lot of Rorschach in him.

Aww yiss.

>Larry enjoying the view in panel two

it was fine for boys. The girls were the ones with the slam books and shit