Was this the most disappointing and rushed ending ever made?

Was this the most disappointing and rushed ending ever made?
Seriously, what went wrong? I think the "strong womyn" sealed this cartoon's doom.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uc-OkmqIHtc
youtube.com/watch?v=bmkxsQnNujI
youtube.com/watch?v=j7i3CnigjY8
youtube.com/watch?v=yUqkMawAi2M
youtube.com/watch?v=zKlaXtCC5NQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think it was just a bad show leaching off of the nostalgia factor despite the show not even being good back then

idk but the show changed hard after the 3rd episode

The fact they copied a chinese cartoon panel for panel is what made it worse

>sealed this cartoon's doom.

they were only ever signed up for a single season, the strong woman didnt doom anything.

there are definitely ways it couldve been done better, but it would have been rushed no matter what

>not dropping the show in this exact point

wasted too much time on Ashi, could wrap up her in 1-2 eps and focus on the fucking ending since they had a short time.

As it turned out, Jack was still immortal when he returned to the past, spending years of his life adjusting to things. He eventually learned to speak english to the point he’d lost his natural accent. He got into science remembering the wonders he’d experienced in the future, he harnessed some remnant of the black puddle from which Aku had spawned, and dubbed ‘Chemical X’. Reminded of his lost love in a feat of loneliness he attempted to create children through science.
In an accident he exposed his concoction and his pet simian to chemical X, mutating both. The simian grew in intellect, but also in ego as his peach skin turning green beneath his black fur. He developed no abilities of his own, but grew an irrational hatred to his owner… Something about that Foolish look of his.
Arm the Headcannon! but yeah, not the first to make one of these ideas up, since it could also be the reverse if Townsville really is the Ruins of the Dog Civilization. .

What annoys me is the aku battle in the future should have had way more build up. Hell some of the best episodes were where jack and side characters would prep for the battle and it would be this epicly shot battle that was hard fought. Where jack gets worn down to his undergarments or his hair goes wild, people die. Etc.
That should have been the second to last episode with all his friends. THEN he goes back to the past and destroys aku after a massive battle in the future in order to get to the past

>Sup Forums - Comics and Cartoons

This is a cool theory desu, but the PPG actually traveled back in time to when Prof. Utonium was a kid in order to stop Mojo from killing him.

This.
Samurai jack back in the day wasnt even good. Just a normal cartoon for kids

>how to spot plebs and cucks

>rushed
Why do people keep saying this? That fuck had years to think of an ending and that last season was still half filler.

youtube.com/watch?v=Uc-OkmqIHtc

>First 3 episodes were ffffffffffucking Kino
>Ending shit
Why force in a love plot? The final 3 episodes should have been Jack back in his own time and coming to terms with destroying everyone good in the future.

You are a child

the romance,the fuckin love relationship completely ruined this new season.Jack is supposed to be always alone and to not feel love so why the fuck he gets a gf, if theres was no romance the season would have been kino.

There's also no reason to give him a random internal monologue. The old show was never afraid of silence, why did Gendy suddenly need more dialogue?

It wasn't just the love plot, it was the awful pacing as well. Remember how the ghost gets built up only to be easily beaten in under a minute? Meanwhile a fight with a literal who robot is a 5 minute long piece of excellent animation back in the day.

>Ashi's last words were literally exposition
Gendy became a hack like the rest

The first 3 episodes were pure kino. how did they stray so far off the path?

Would it have been more satisfying if Jack somehow redeemed Aku at the end?

Fucking this. What a total blunder holy shit
>JACK! THE REASON I AM ABOUT TO DISAPPEAR IS BECAUSE YOU KILLED AKU IN THE PAST

literally impossible to happen even in the craziest fanfic

>tfw there will be no more samurai kino

>My now-2X/3X year old audience requires this piece of dialogue.
- Gendy Tarump

power of friendship makes anything possible user I thought you'd know that since you had so many friends.

Alright you fucking arrogant idiots:
Write a better ending.

youtube.com/watch?v=bmkxsQnNujI
vs
youtube.com/watch?v=j7i3CnigjY8

>jack kills all seven sisters in the snow
>his demons decide that Aku has broken him, and he should go ham
>tries to get his sword back, but is denied
>meets the scotsman, who gets him back on the right track
>is allowed his sword by the Gods
>one on one showdown with Aku

>writes the exact same plot

>writes the exact same plot, but better
ftfy

fuck off

Honestly, half the problems this season had could have been avoided if Ashi hadn't become a main character. What was Genndy smoking when he decided to include a companion/love interest into the series with only a handful of episodes left to conclude Jacks story?

there were hardly any good action scenes after the third episode of the final season. That was the main problem

>Ashi is a student/daughter figure to Jack
>She doesn't have Aku's powers
>When he gets his sword back he's still bearded
>Defeats Aku 1v1 while major interplanetary war happens between pro-Jack and pro-Aku
>Turns out the guardian was defeated but not dead
>Jack realises that to go back in time he has to undo the future
>Realises that going back in time will make it so that even if he his friends are ever born he won't live long enough to see it
>teary goodbyes
>but he must fulfill DA PROPHECY
>Goes back in time
>Aku turns around just after Sending Jack to the future
>"Wha-?"
>WATCHA

it literally doesn't matter how the season unfolded. Sup Forums exists to bitch about everything new and how the old stuff was better. I can't think of a single TV show that this board doesn't claim got shit by the last season

Should have spent half of the season on Jack overcoming 50 years of pain and not even had Ashi in the first place.

He watched Evangelion and decided to add in a female Kaworu at the very end because the USA still cant handle a gay protagonist.

Almost no one complained the first 3 episodes. Literally had "saving animation" threads on the nights it premiered. The show turned to shit and retards like you would happily defend the trash.

Genndy on damage control.

>Almost no one complained the first 3 episodes
well, of course. Because it's the start of the season. Sup Forums says the end is always worse than the start

That's because it is you fucking imbecile

always? In every single TV show ever produced?

I have not watched this season yet. What is this "strong womyn" you are talking about?

In this one in particular that you decided to create a stawman out of. Try lurking a few years before posting because your dumbass clearly doesn't know how many types of shows this board has watched before being invaded stupid pieces of shits like you

there's a female in the show. This is a major dealbreaker. Do you know what site you're on?

>too retarded to even reply to the right post

not very convincing friend

Remember that episode where Aku turns into a woman to mess with Jack? Well now the absolute madman director made that joke an actual character that eats 70% of the screen time this season

>70% of the screen time this season
>1 episode in which she has more screen time than jack

>muh 4chins is sexist!!1!
Except Ashi actually is shit, and drags the show down demonstrably.

this.

>>>/MGTOW/

Glad you gave yourself a link to hop right off back to the site you came from.

your posts stink of reddit. Are you a lonely angry virgin by any chance?

Best sequence in the new season easily.

He's completely right you massive cuckold, if anything you're the redditor or tumblrwhale here.

You argue like a roastie. No more (You)s for you.

>He
>no u

I think Aku should have kidnapped Jack after he finally beats his demons. We get 2 episodes of all the people he befriended prepping to battle Aku and after they free Jack he kills Aku.

>>Ashi is a student/daughter figure to Jack
how hard did you cry when they kissed, triggered fag?

>he wants to include all the classic characters
That's one of the reasons this new season was shit.

>Ep 1 and 2 has absolutely perfect pacing, no one expected this
>Ep 3 you can feel the rush in the beginning but the second half hits all the right notes
>Ep 4 and onwards the pacing goes all over the place and the sense of pacing collapses from the weight that was the Hype built up by the first 3 episodes

say pacing again, it really makes you sound like you know what you're talking about

>>>/tumblr/

Accurate.

awful pacing on that post

There are shows with much worse endings. To me this is an average kind of ending, not great but not bad. Gravity Falls was much worse

>watching gravity meme

Alex was a hack from the start though, I actually had hopes for Genndy.

>everything the same up to finale, which is an hour long
>EXCEPT the scene where ashi becomes aku's minion doesn't take place in the junkyard, and the junkyard is not shown at all
>all the people whom jack has helped over the years come back to help defeat aku
>they distract aku and possessed ashi long enough for the scotsman to free aku
>jack retrieves his sword, trying to convince ashi to release herself from the demon but she is not able to
>jack is mortally wounded by ashi and is forced to kill her
>he faints, near death
>jack enters a dream state where all of his ancestors await him
>like before, they scream for him to come back and save them from aku's wrath
>suddenly, ashi appears and they all vanish
>ashi tells jack that the past is gone, and that the only way to defeat aku is to commit himself to their memory rather than saving their physical forms
>she reminds him that all things are temporary, and though aku's evil cannot be undone, his future horrors might still be prevented
>jack wakes up, healed by the scotsman's celtic magic
>he fights aku to the death and defeats him
>with his last breath, aku mocks jack for not being able to save his people despite all his efforts
>jack gestures around the fortress and says "perhaps not, Aku. But my people saved me."
>pan across all the people who have benefitted from jack's presence, for they are his new tribe
>jack strikes the blade into aku, killing him once and for all
>jack is hailed as a hero and the new king of the earth in aku's stead, but he refuses this title, saying that a king would only invite servitude where freedom should reign
>jack revisits the junkyard, where he meets the guardian
>the guardian tells jack he expected him to be adorned in king's robes and crown by now
>jack says he is no king, only a samurai with one wish: to be mortal and to live out the rest of his days with his people
(cont)

No more like it would have made Jack helping all the classic characters relevant. Since they will give him aid in the final battle.

>everything the same up to finale
stopped reading right there. The ending episode has a problem since episode 4

(cont)
>the guardian grants his wish, using the power of the time portal to revitalize jack's life force and make him mortal again, destroying the time portal in the process
>jack journeys back to japan one last time to ask forgiveness of his ancestors for allowing them to suffer, but they smile upon him, telling him that he did the right thing and that though the past is grim, the future will be bright
>the final shot is similar to the actual one, with jack resting beneath a cherry blossom tree as his ancestors fade away, with ashi's ghost appearing last, saying simply, "the future is yours, jack" and fading away
WATCHA

youtube.com/watch?v=yUqkMawAi2M

yeah it's a fucking shit ending.

It was pretty great up until that point too, I liked just about every aspect until the end. only the call back bs in the clip show episode and jack being saved by all his friends were dumb

I'm not gonna lie: I was a little upset when I realised Genndy entirely gave up on taking things seriously.
However, rewatching that episode is a laugh a minute and I am no longer so much as irked.

It said write a better ending, not do Genndy's entire job for him

It is good. I only ever watched it after being impressed with the trailer for the new season, and I found it very enjoyable. The first 3-4 episodes of the final season were great as well

youtube.com/watch?v=zKlaXtCC5NQ
You're welcome.

>Jack has killed humans in the past but never young girls. He was traumatised frim killing children.
>Aku tricked him into killing humans instead of FUCKING SHEEP in the flashback.
>No Ashi, more focus on the horseman instead, who should've been his father's spirit judging him.
>Jack should've learned (maybe from Aku) that the girls he killed were his. The priestess was one of his lovers. This drove him to depression since he just slaughtered his daughters. He once again killed innocents.
>He was about to commit suicide in the graveyard, with the horseman getting ready to cut his head off.
>CLANG
>The spiritual sword was blocked by the Scottman's ghost, who gave a pep talk to Jack, raising his morale.
>The renewed hope, and the fact that Jack finally accepted he's not alone convinced the horseman to return Jack's sword.
>Jack and the Scottman travel the world and rallying their old allies; the Spartans, archers, monks, fish people etc for one last attack against Aku.
>The fight was a massacre, but Jack found the last time portal: it's under Aku's tower.
>His allies sacrificed themselves to get him there and before leaving, gave them one last farewell.
>He jumped in amd slaughtered past Aku.
>The last scene would be a battered, bloodied Jack looking at a new sunrise and tearfully thanked his future (and now nonexistent) friends.
>The moral of the story is that Jack was never alone.

No, but it would have been better if jack just gave up on trying to kill him. Hate him and loathe him still, sure. But give up on trying to get revenge.

I always felt as if the shadow warrior fight went on for a little too long. Still good, though.

>Dropping the show when there was literally one minute left.