Do you still like this run in hindsight...

do you still like this run in hindsight? was it the signal for the end of marvel doing regular superhero comics and shifting more towards quirky comedy stuff or was it/still is a good run?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/s4s/thread/4312054/#4312054
archive.4plebs.org/s4s/thread/4381629/#4381629
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegging_(sexual_practice)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>was it the signal for the end of marvel doing regular superhero comics

Yup, hit the nail right on the head. Every Marvel comic is a "quirky comedy" book now. You're absolutely right. They don't put out any books about superheroes or superhero teams. Hawkeye and Tumblr and Matt Fraction ruined EVERYTHING

It's not a comedy,
It's an everyday-things-with-russian-tugs-and-sidestories drama.

And there's still plenty of superhero stuff in Marvel.

What's wrong with your head, op?

I ditched it after the pizzadog issue but the first 7 or so issues were great.

It was ok, but the side stories and progressiveness of it was awful.

That's just wrong though, there are plenty of super hero books and team books. Just because you don't read them doesn't mean they don't exist.

Like a lot of fraction's work he was carried HARD. Without Aja's fantastic art no one would have given this bland book a second thought.

The run feels better when read in one sitting, instead of waiting an eternity for each issue to come out.

Some side stories were ok, though the Kate stories felt like pushing the character too much.

All in all, its one of those titles that were aimed to the more 'casual' audience, using an established hero while telling this non-team story.

It's complete shit and it started a terrible trend at marvel

I never really liked Kate Bishop, so no.

I think your sarcasm detection is a little faulty, Sup Forumsmrade

> waiting an eternity

bar the final issues, it really wasn't as long a wait as you think it was. As far as the sidestory stuff I liked the Sandy issue and the Annual. Polido's contributions to the run are underrated.

I liked the run overall. Most of the Kate Bishop issues where pretty boring. The series was at it's best when Clint was the focus.

It's a nice read but you don't really recognize the character as Clint Barton.

>was it the signal for the end of marvel doing regular superhero comics
wat

Hawkeye wasn't a quirky comedy and didn't start any trends anywhere except maybe art-wise, and for that it was all positive because Aja is great
It was dope though, it really was a good book

I never finished it, but I've been meaning to.

Marvel has always had quirky comedy books, you can find a few in every year.
Marvel Zombies was a quirky comedy book.

Will someone storytime it already. Been seeing threads about it the past few days

it started well but shit itself in the back half

Hawkeye paved the way for other hits like
Howard the Duck
Hellcat
Spider-Gwen
Moon girl and Devil Dinosaur
Squirrel girl and all the other quirky comics at marvel

Read the rest of it, bro.

Exactly, the more I read other stuff with Hawkeye in it the less this worked with respect to characterization.

>The run feels better when read in one sitting
I disagree. Reading the first trade I hated starting each issue with " Okay, this looks bad"

Spider-Gwen isn't a quirky comedy book.

I haven't read Moon Girl past the first issue, so I don't know about that one, but I didn't get that impression from the issue I read of it, either.

Sure. It was good.
Lemires Hawkeye? Complete shit.

In the hindsight it's even better since you don't have to wait for long-ass time for Fraction to shit out the next issue. It still has some problems (funeral issues can go suck a dick, retelling it three times added nothing, and constant "Kate is a better archer" shit is really grating), but I like this rendition of Clint, makes him more distinct.

>Lemire's Hawkeye

I dropped that shit after they gave mutant kids back to Hydra and never looked back.

I finished the horrible run (because I'm a fag like that) and they re-take the kids back.

Yeah, that shit went bad real fast and I'm glad it ended.

It's a real shame because I liked flashback parts, but the present day parts just went full retard and never looked back

>they re-take the kids back.

What was the fucking point in giving them back then?

Is Fraction Hawkeye to Marvel what Robinson Starman is to DC?
Basically if I liked Starman will I like Hawkeye.

I liked the first 11 or so issues. The focus on Kate got really annoying, I didn't find her very likeable at all. Clint's story was much more interesting.

but he was channelling mazzucchelli

>clint is bad at everything
>kate is good at everything

it got real old real fast

It's always fun when edgy DC fans complain about Marvel being successful.

Nope. Out of curiosity why did you think they were similar?

I storytimed the first two numbers in s4s, I'll post the third one in June
archive.4plebs.org/s4s/thread/4312054/#4312054
archive.4plebs.org/s4s/thread/4381629/#4381629

I still like it a lot. I don't like too many comics trying to be like it but that's another thing.

>bro
not sure if it's a reference, if it is, my_nigga.png

I liked it a lot but the delays were horrendous.

I thought the panels where Kate Bishop was pegging Clint while forcing him to confront his white guilt were a bit much. That's more a Deadpool kinda thing.

I didn't knew it was "pegging" means so I'll google it and found this.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegging_(sexual_practice)

Kate Bishop was meant to be an endearing ball buster sidekick but Fraction missed the mark and she just came off as extremely annoying, and not in a good way.

The issues where it was just Clint were the best.

I think that was intentional, Clint was depressed.

I loathed Kate. I was here to read about Clint, not Kate. Who gives a shit about Kate?

That was my impression too. In fact, he's been a bit off since before Fraction. Not in the team eventful books, but in the books in which he has a significative role. And I think Fraction noticed it too. The weird dreams and the fact that Barney was somehow cared for him kinda marked that fact to me.

But I'm not an all known user, so it may be just my imagination.

He's not Pym, thankfully, so he will put himself together step by step and be awesome.

I want more weird dreams tho. I liked them.

This. Its annoying

I love that run. I need to reread it soon.

That's the only Marvel book I really liked in the last years

Same, though I'm also loving King's Vision at the moment too.

The early issues are good, but the ending is kinda average for how long it took them to put out.

The architect/mine villain was great but damned if I can't remember his name.

Haven't read Marvel for a while so I'll check it out.