Who will be her love interest?

Who will be her love interest?

Pluskommander Mahr Vehl.

Some black guy. Because Marvel

Because Mar-Vell isnt alien enough?

It's been cancelled, kid.

It's gonna be based on the Ultimate version of the character.

Khamala

We're getting a casting and director announcement this summer, friend. Maybe sooner, maybe later according to Kevin Feige.

I could see it being Mar-Vell at first, then he dies, and she eventually starts to flirt with Rhodey in during crossover movies.

I could also see them not having a love interest at all [after Mar-Vell dies] to set them apart from Wonder Woman's movie and to establish the whole strong independent woman who don't need no man thing.

it won't matter, she'll flirt with war machine in the movies

>Strong Independent Woman
>Needing a man

she gay tho

Hopefully Rhodey. It would be cool for him to be more than "Tony's black friend".

Spider Woman

Where'd you get that from?

It won't be Rhodey, Cheadle's 50.

If she has one it'll be Michael Rossi, Mahr Vehl, or Spider-Woman.

>83297519
most of the MCU is more inspired by 1601 than 616

That was mostly Joss Whedon though, and he doesn't work on any of the movies anymore. He had a hand in pretty much everything, not just the movies he did.

It's going to be Mar Vell in his human guise. I hope they just lift most of the episode of his and her origin stories from EMH, just add in more of their sappy romantic adventures

A lot of the Avengers skew 1601, Falcon especially, as well as Thor and Iron Man.
Captain America is very 616
Avengers Hulk always seems inspired by the TV show to me.

Not as much as you'd think.

Bucky was captured and made into the Winter Soldier, instead of having a long life and marrying Cap's ex.
Tony can slide into his slick armor easily instead of needing an entire team of guys to get into a fairly large armor.
The Kree are shown to basically be blue-skinned humans instead of the horrifying things they looked like in Ultimate Secret.

It's a pick and mix thing, really, which is the smartest way to do it.

Pluskommander is just his title, basically a Kree rank

His name was Geheneris HalaSon Mahr Vehl but they just called him Mahr Vel

Not him but I think it would be more interesting if he was just leave the whole Alien fish thing aside.

I gues EMH Mar-Vell was a good combination of the 616 and Ultimate character.

Sure thing, kiddo.

>Her
Captain Marvel is a man.

Also, I'm pretty sure Captain Marvel is a DC superhero.

Look, DC basically nuked Fawcett back to the Stone Age and then salted the earth by buying their properties and never doing anything with them. Marvel snatched the name while DC was still pissed that someone had the nerve to make a flying brick that did better than Superman, and they committed to keeping the name. You want someone to blame for the fact that his name is Shazam now instead of Captain Marvel? Blame DC.

Dude fucks girls 30 years younger than him on his Showtime show.

Not really aside from Fury, Clint and the whole SHIELD formed the Ultimates/Avengers thing

>The Kree are shown to basically be blue-skinned humans instead of the horrifying things they looked like in Ultimate Secret.

Kind of hate that they ignored that later on, I thought it was an interesting development and made them more interesting that just recolored humans.

It also made Mahr Vehl who was genetically engineered into a human kind of otherworldly.

>Cheadle's 50
So? Older men are allowed to be with younger women. In fact it's expected they will be. It's only older women Hollywood has a problem with.

Absolutely This.

You're thinking Inhumans

reminder that according to Elijah Wood, Hollywood is currently sheltering roughly a hundred pedophiles

I hope so, only because Mahr Vehl was charismatic, fun, and a suave motherfucker.

>her
The first movie won't be about Mar-vell?

And he had the hots for Carol

And Carol for him.

in order to score lazy brownie points, Jessica Drew will be her ex she's still friends with (but with no lines explicitly saying so)
and after Mar-Vell dies they'll ship her with Bucky

Hopefully Rhodey, it's by far the most fleshed-out and natural-feeling relationships in comics, and I really can't see it being anyone else.

If we dont eventually get Spider Woman teaming up with Carol I'll be disappointed

To be fair, these arent untrue of Mar-Vell. He may have lacked charisma, but that was probably because of the age he was written in.

one of the*

that render's pretty good, but I reckon it'd be better if the red came down to armpit level and the boots a bit higher

From what I've read, Marvel sued DC to own the name, despite Captain Marvel existing longer than the comics company changed their name from Timely Atlas.

So I think I'm gonna blame Marvel, thanks. I love the MCU, but this is one movie I will not see.

Also;
>Flies
>Super strength
>Durability
She's just a more shameless Superman clone.

They're not going to have their first female lead be in a relationship with a crippled dude twice her age.

Why do you think they're killing him off in the comics?

DC sued to kill Fawcett first.

You are user

>That was mostly Joss Whedon though
I don't think so. Avengers Age of Ultron was almost 100% 616.

It was a legal battle over a hero name that DC didn't give a single fuck about, and in fact buried, til Marvel Comics started using it.

You can blame Marvel all you like, but you are just being a faggot.
If Marvel hadn't started using the name, you'd only know Billy Batson from really old comics.

my dick of course

Since we're on the subject I might as well say it, and I know Billyfags are going to hate me: Shazam is a perfectly fine name for Billy and its not a big loss

That whole Rick Jones thing was pretty funny though.

she's frankly more of a goku clone. she can even go super saiyan

also she's ex-military and with a kill count that's ten digits long

Rick Jones gets utility usage for practically everything, particularly back then.

I'm fairly astonished he hasn't been in the MCU yet.

I like EMH Commander Shepard Carol myself

Really, they should have used Rick Jones instead of creating Agent Coulson.

No, DC sued Fawcett and claimed that Captain Marvel was infringing on Superman's copyright. Fawcett settled, and stopped publishing Captain Marvel in the mid 50's.
Marvel created the character of Captain Marvel in 1967, and DC didn't publish anything with Billy Watson until 1972, by which point Marvel was regularly making Captain Marvel issues (despite the occasional cancelation), so they had to name the comic "Shazam!"
DC TRIED to make a boom called "The original Captain Marvel", but Marvel sent a C&A, which they could since they owned the title now.

That last part is the only involvement Marvel Comics had with the character of Billy Watson, and to argue otherwise is foolish.

PeterandCarol.jpg or better yet JessicaandCarol.jpg so this bullshit #capneedsabfxD stop
/thread

putting Carol with Jess won't stop people shipping Cap with Bucky

people ship Cap with Bucky because his relationship with Bucky is more meaningful than his relationship with any of the women he knows and Bucky is better looking than any of the women he knows

>fags ship Cap with Bucky because his relationship with Bucky is more meaningful than his relationship with any of the women he knows and Bucky is better looking than any of the women he knows

fix'd

>instead of the horrifying things they looked like in Ultimate Secret.
They were alien fishes or some shit, I seem to recall them being described as ichthyoid

That's the thing Mar-Vell really just had a bit of a flat personality, for me at least, and the newer stuff with Skrull Marv didn't much to correct that.

Mahr Vehl was charismatic, knew more than he let on (which infuriated a lot of people) and was a bit of a cheeky bastard at some points but he had a good heart.

I really liked how Warren Ellis wrote him but too bad Bendis came along and fucked everything up (as always).

Pretty much what I expect from the movie. Straps are a bit similar to Steve's suit but I think it works

Pls people didn't give a shit about Bucky until TWS because of the tortured woobie shit, also Steve's relationship with Sam and even Natasha became more interesting especially since Bucky doesn't have much of a fucking personality.

Okay, then.

Marvel had to have known about Captain Marvel, right? Did they just decide to steal the name since DC wasn't using it?

Mar-Vell was "le generic hero like ye old Aquaman/Star Lord/Ka-Zar, white guy who conquers the wild reaches.

Mahr Vehl is redundant in the MCU with Star Lord.

I like Carol's suit being a bit similar to Cap's suit since it subtly implies how Cap has become a symbol of authority and is influencing western culture, that when picture think of what a captain should look like they picture Steve Rogers rather than some navy guy or a pirate

>Bucky doesn't have much of a fucking personality.
At least TWS and onwards I mean but he was a bit boring in TFA too.

But pretty sure at that point Bucky was a different person and at that point on his life Steve had more in common with Sam and Nat.

>Did they just decide to steal the name since DC wasn't using it?
a good chunk of it was 'hey, why don't we have a hero named Marvel when we're named Marvel, yet these guys do?'

Not really because Star-Lord is a goofy slacker ne-er do well rogue character and Mahr Vehl wasn't

Mar-Vell was generic, I agree.

But it's not like it matters Perlman is co-writing Captain Marvel and she mentioned that she liked Mar-Vell so I am pretty sure a version of the character will be on Captain Marvel one way or another.

DC bought a company to burn it's characters so they wouldn't be competition.
Marvel literally named a character after their own company.
THEN DC proceeded to care pulled their Cap out of the dustbin.

The law has settled the matter, it's only a controversy for full-time DC neckbeards.
Be glad it happened, or you wouldn't have the last few decades of Shazam comics.

Still feels kinda scummy. I'll admit, I didn't know about the DC vs Fawcett thing.

Also, what company names a superhero after their own title?

that looks more like he's holding a suit that's hanging off a novelty carol headed coathanger

The writers don't give a shit about that

>“We’ve been talking a lot about archetypes and what we want this movie to be about and just how to write a strong female superhero without making it Superman with boobs… Meg and I are doing a lot of brainstorming and we’ll catch ourselves and say, ‘Wait a minute, what are we saying [here] about women in power?’ Then we have to say, ‘Why are we getting so hung up on that? We should just tell the best story and build the best character.’ And then we have this constant back-and-forth about how to tell a story that is compelling, entertaining, moving, kick-ass, and fun, and also be aware of what those larger implications might be. It’s a lot more complicated than just writing Guardians.”

I like grumpy Carol

Why don't they just write superman with boobs?
When someone writes a superman story they don't get all obsessed with the fact he's a guy. They shouldn't be getting obsessed with the fact Marvel is a woman.

because Carol isn't a moral paragon like Superman

>Wait a minute, what are we saying [here] about women in power?
I hate this "the female character has to be an embodiment and reflection on all females" mentality. I think it leads to bland characterization. Carol, for instance, is mch, much more fun when she has human flaws, and isn't trying to be pushed as just some inspirational figure.

To be fair though, fuck the Skrulls.

Gotta agree with this

>t. kreeposter

Because Carol isn't like Superman, she's more of an angry Hal Jordan with super strength.

Did you read after that? Because her whole point was that they decided not to get caught up with that shit and then decided to just try and tell a good story.

Getting caught up with the shit you just said you hate is what lead with shit stories like KSD's Captain Marvel run.

>Did you read after that? Because her whole point was that they decided not to get caught up with that shit and then decided to just try and tell a good story.
Oops, guess I made a snap judgement. That's reassuring though. Mostly they should just let Carol be Carol.

user, one doesn't have to be part of the perfect Kree Empire to recognize the Skrulls are shit.

SIDF, please go.

>her

"she" is just a trap.

Carol loves Jess for a reason.

Kree are the dying white race of space

Skrulls are the black people of space.

Fair enough, but I've got this weird, almost irrational attachment to Mar-Vell, mostly because of the stuff he did AFTER siding with humanity. He mastered Cosmic Awareness and became one with the universe. He the first person to defeat Thanos, and did so nearly alone. He stopped his supercomputer from destroying Titan.

Mahr Vehl, on the other hand, we never actually see any deeds from him, you know?

Ironically, as a pink Kree, Mar-Vell basically IS black to them.

Hopefully this movie will have her one true love

Crippling alcoholism

What you can do is just combine the best of both characters and just go from that in the MCU

Mahr Vehl personality and Mar-Vell everything else.

I think that's what EMH was going for but in the end they didn't do much with the character.

and it falls to the caramel pretty boy to unite their kind

Source please

>a mean spirited passive agressive bitch who writers pass as strong and independent.
>Thor movies!

Ultimate Secret or Ultimate Extinction.

There's a massive Ultimate Marvel storytime going on now that just did these stories last night.