Which Alien film was scarier, Alien:Covenant or Prometheus?

Which Alien film was scarier, Alien:Covenant or Prometheus?

>strawpoll.com/awgx236

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you removed all the superficial shit about xenos from Prometheus the film would have been terrifying. As is its just meh.

loud sounds when something happens != scary
annoying bitch with her bf kept jumping in my row during these """"""""""scary"""""""""""" parts

Neither are very scary. Prometheus has a fucked up haunted house vibe that's more mysterious whereas Covenant isn't hiding too much in terms of horror. I'd probably lean Prometheus strictly for the scene where the acid melts that guy's helmet and it collapses into his face

they weren't scary -- the crew did the stupidest things, and got killed

in the original alien, the crew made the most out of a bad situation, and got killed by the unknown

in the past two films, the crews were well equipped but deserved to die because they were the stupidest fucking imbeciles in space

all they had to do was not go to the shitty planet and not take off their space suits -- DUH

The spacesuits had nothing to do with things going to shit in Prometheus. The two guys wearing them got btfo by that pseudo-facehugger that sprayed acid and went down the other guy's throat. The stupid part was provoking the thing.

Covenant makes more sense but still, this doesn't even matter. Do you really need an extra 2 minutes of a contrived scene where a character finds a reason to take his helmet off?

So what are you saying, Is Alien:Covenant more terrifying or Prometheus??

Neither was especially scary, but Covenant was at least more coherent.

youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA
neither were scary.

prometheus was spookier and had better atmosphere

alien covenant had a lot more "action," as far as it being scary it depends on whether or not you think it's over the top which IMO it was.

The characters are also dumber and more one note than they are in prometheus.

Ok so you are saying Covenant is scarier?

And you are stating basically that Prometheus is more scary.

Cool Thanks Anons.

>bringing a guy with an alien lifeform stuck to his face on board
>not stupid

The only reason anything happened in the original Alien is because
>Kane looked into an alien egg
>Dallas and Lambert insist on bringing Kane, contaminated with an alien lifeform, into the ship and endangering everybody else. Ash takes advantage of this.

When you hold the original to the same standards as AC it starts sounding like shit too.

Alien is the only horror movie in the whole series. The rest are basically sci-fi action thrillers.

In Alien the reason why it worked better was because you had a classier set of actors with a younger, more fluid Ridley Scott.

Prometheus is a great example of him losing touch.

Alien:Covenant was better edited, paced, intensified the gore and action and brought back the classic Xeno's which 99.99999% of regular audiences and fans wanted to see.

yea I guess it's scarier

It was not better edited or paced.

more intense gore, yes. classic xenos necessary? no

I would rather have seen Paradise Lost in its earlier drafts

I'm amazed how AC managed to make an alien on a spaceship and you cant get out situation feel not claustrophobic or scary in any way

think i'll go with Prometheus

>In Alien the reason why it worked better was because you had a classier set of actors with a younger, more fluid Ridley Scott.

No, it's because of muh nostalgia goggles. If Alien came out today, people would bitch about it along with the wooden acting.

Neither film was scary.

people seem to be forgetting that it's a common motif in alien movies for crew to disregard quarantine protocol. the same arguments about covenant can be used on the original

>IF THEY DIDN'T BRING HIM ON BOARD IN THE FIRST PLACE THERE WOULD BE NO MOVIE

Pretty much this. Alien still does it better though, no question about that, but Alien Covenant doesn't deserve all the shit it gets.

I would say Prometheus, because the abortion scene was really well done.

Nope.
Ripley tried to stop it and she would've succeeded if the android wasn't programmed to bring in the xeno.
It's not people disregarding quarantine protocol, it's just an android with a mission which is totally different from gross negligence.