This movie was surprisingly violent, crude, and dark for a Disney/Marvel film

This movie was surprisingly violent, crude, and dark for a Disney/Marvel film.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZuWkVqum6a8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's about a bunch of space a-holes, one of whom is a sociopath and one an autist with no filter between his mouth and brain. Of course it was crude.

Yes but all the penis references seemed too adult for pg-13

There aren't hard and fast rules, but there are some strong guidelines: You can only have one "Fuck", you can't have explicit sex or gore, etc. If the MPAA looks it over and has a problem you trim out a scene they think is too extreme until you get back to PG-13. So people died by the score in the movie but it was largely bloodless and Rocket used nonlethal traps instead of blowing people to bits with mines.

tfw when you find out that Starlord COSMIC AUTISM

The first movie had less profanity but it instead had Drunk Drax and Drunk As Hell Rocket, which is also something you have to keep to a minimum in PG-13 movies.

So you can't be full blown drunk, puking and slurring in a pg-13 movie?

You can in moderation. A single thing can make a movie R rated, like a steamy sex scene or graphic bloodshed, or a bunch of lower rated stuff can add up - a whole lot of profanity, lots of drunkenness, etc.

I had high hopes for this movie with Star-Lord's dad being the villain and all but it turned out just like any other MCU movie.
I knew Father and Son was in the movie and some asshole spoiled Yondu's death for me so I figured they would have Ego be the villain motived by reuniting with his son and having to do bad shit to get there. That would have made him more relatable to audiences. I imagined he would be the one to kill Yondu out of jealousy or something like that if they played the angle of Yondu being Star-Lord's foster father which would have been very effective and in the end he was yet another "I wanna take over the universe" disposabble villain that's defeated in some CGI fuck-fest third act.

The scene where he reveals his true intentions and that he killed Quill's mom was GOAT though

Ayesha was hella hot. Post hot pics of Ayesha.
Also she's 6'2". How can womanlets EVER recover?

Starlord was so out of character in this he was acting like some depressed emo autist

tall women are horrible

t. manlet

>tfw the only character you fantasized about during the film was the angry raccoon

I enjoyed the bit where he reconstructed himself, felt Dr Manhattan-esque

DELET

He really wasn't. He started out trying to be a more responsible leader and only became past-focused when he ran into his dad. Then he lost the last keepsake he had of his mom AND both his dads. Of course he was depressed at the end.

LOL A ZUNE xDDDD

To be fair, Rocket is cute, especially when he's running around on all fours.

>he's still upset be bought one

Naw, when they first came out in the UK I was a massive Linux autist and Microsoft hater. That bullshit aside, were they even that bad, or was it just that they were trying to compete with iPods?

Well, glad someone agrees - I just wanted to cuddle him when he was crying

>barely more than two weeks after its release
>barely any threads about it

i imagine he secretly likes to be pet but not in public because that will ruin his tough attitude

They came into the game too late and had bad marketing.

It came out four weeks ago and it's blockbuster season

I got a good laugh out that. Some of the other jokes like Tazer-face or "Groot not knowing what a fin was" went on too long and weren't that funny in the first place

I don't doubt that Disney has enough influence to get anything by the mpaa without too many issues.

>had a zune hd
>genuinely the best mp3 player I've owned

Yeah, the tazer-face thing really didn't even start off particularly funny, and they just kept running with it. I liked the Mary Poppins line though - shame they killed off one of my fave characters.

Was it brown?

"Things to do:
- Pretend to be asleep so Mantis will pet me"

Neck yourself.

But I'm a manlet, and I want a amazon waifu.

I want to gently scratch under his muzzle and neck having him sit on my laps while he tries to hold my hands and push them away because he is embarrassed that he is enjoying it, bonus point if he is calling me names. Imagine how adorable he must be

#justguythings

I ONLY like gold Ayesha Debicki

Yea, the airlock scene was a bit dark. But it was very funny. I always go in with low expectations and end up liking it. Weird how I don't even like half the cast.

That was funny.

I'm not a manlet and I want an Amazon waifu.

Glad we agree. Taserface was a complete miss and they kept pitching it.

>turned out just like any other MCU movie.
How? No other mcu movie has the same quality of characterization and relationship development. Yes it has quips but it can have both.

remember when you could have this in marvel movies?

That was all Rocket and Rocket was being an asshole so they wouldn't realize he was afraid. That's his whole thing, you know.

But it wasn't. It was also his crewmembers, the Golden bitches, and Taserface himself.

>t. aserface

I'm glad miley cyrus was just a CGI charaktre

Okay, it was mostly Rocket. His crew laughed because Rocket was genuinely funny. The only questionable one was the receptionist.

What does it matter? Joke wasn't funny and was dragged out.
That's it. My only problem with the movie. Really enjoyed it otherwise. Thought it was funny, good music.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZuWkVqum6a8

This and the Home Alone antics in the forest were the best parts

Normally, scenes that attempt a grandiose entrance tend be to be really cheesy and don't pay off well.

But fuck Kurt Russell nailed every line and body language

Sometimes characters in movies tell unfunny jokes. It happens. It still makes sense in-universe when you consider Rocket's motivation.

Just remember, when your girl is taller than you that automatically makes you a manlet no matter how tall you are.

The movie had the opportunity to be have a more personal conflict going on you actually gave a shit about but we got "stop the for-some-reason bad guy who wants to rule the galaxy with a big CGI set piece" like they've been doing forever

>No other mcu movie has the same quality of characterization and relationship development.
The first Iron Man or The Winter Soldier?

How do you get more personal than "Father who killed son's mother"

IM1 had character development in one character, WS has character development for two. GOTG2 has character development for at least five characters, albeit one dying.

I liked the cameo of the MSI guy.

Apparently Rob Zombie is the guy who shouts at Yondu for him to come down from the whorehouse

Who was he?
I liked the sexbots.

>violent

If fake PG 13 violence scares you, then maybe you should stick to cartoons about talking horses.

Jimmy Urine right!
Fuck yea.

This dumb looking guy.

I didn't know that.

I saw it, thought it was very good. There was some "reddit" stuff like some of the jokes (dude nipples lmao), but some were pretty funny (Drax calling Mantis ugly), the music selection was pretty subdued, and the plot was actually really interesting for a Marvel movie, though there was a little too many moments that were supposed to be emotional. B/10. Worth it, but Sup Forums nearly tricked me out of going to see it.

He's in the foreground and facing the camera when Yondu kills him with the arrow thing.

To be fair, the spacing scene was nasty enough that I warned a coworker against bringing her young kid.

Making the relationship between Peter and Ego more than a short scene of them playing ball before revealing he doesn't give a shit about him and just wants his powers. There should have been more of those scenes, develop Ego as a legit caring father that can be sort of a tragic figure. The moment Peter rebels against him he just goes "k, I'll just drain your power and leave you to die then" with zero regards to him. Even in his dying moment he doesn't try to reason with him or apologize or anything, he just bitches about how he wants immortality

taserface-chan best gril

Wich one? the one with Yondu at the end or Yondu's crew?

latter probably. That was horrifying.

The crew. All the Ravagers jeering, the poor loyal crewman slowly dying, all the bodies in space. Probably the nastiest thing we've seen in an MCU flick.

Actually... you're right. Didn't about that.

I swear. You actually feel bad. loyal people dying

You didn't?

This is a problem in the first GOTG too.

They have a tendency to not develop relationships as much as characters, but then the main cast are ready to die for one another, fall in love, etc.

Big mistake. Kids need to see violence. If you shelter them in a safe space bubble, then you will raise a generation of pussy vegans, pacifists and feminized faggots. Show that kid Robocop and toughen that runt up.

not about that

No. I'm kinda desensitized. I work at a third-world news agency. I'm used to beheadings and stuff like that.

Can't tell if shit taste or just a manlet

Joke is that he left out the verb.

>implying Sup Forums discusses good movies

Didn't the fact BvS threads are still posted tip you off? Sup Forums has shit taste.

Seriously, what the fuck is going on with BvS?

This movie really makes me want a series about spooks native to Earth. Like Morbius, Daimon Hellstrom, Blade, Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider, Man-Thing, Jack Russell, Satana, and others going around in the night, in the struggle to survive and coming to blows against each other. You can get more out of moral relativism and really nifty worn-down city sets.

Funny, I watch the Ed-209 and Murphy's execution full scenes as a kid, that is the reason because all the R rated actual movies looks light to me.

>made 780 million dollars already
>will pass BvS in a few days

Erm, the woman at the funeral in the space ship was Hela? I'm confuse.

This movie was unsurprisingly not that good
the visuals were good and there were two or three good jokes but everything else was a total mess.
First one was better, and I most likely will never rewatch either of them.

>ywn wake up next to Chris Pratt
Why live?

I'd rather wake up next to Rocket

Fucking furry, dont ruin him like you did the bunny

>that stare he gives to Gamorrah during Yondu's funeral
fuck it, he can take me

You probably shouldn't look at rule34.paheal.net/post/list/Rocket_Raccoon/1

That was Aleta, a member of the original (70s) GOTG. She's Stakar's adopted sister.

And he definitely shouldn't look up H0rs3's Rocket animations there.

Lotta loyalty for a hired gun