Mr. Peabody and Sherman thread

All incarnations of the characters are allowed to be discussed. Any interesting images or WebMs can be posted.

One question I have is what is Sup Forums's opinion on pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qY7LYBhuoWo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Peabody and Sherman

whoops, another kids cartoon show that I left off my filter list. Thanks for the reminder.

It's decent. That's really all there is to say about it.

Bump

>Nobody move! Sherman, I've got to get you out of here before you touch yourself!

Best line ever.

Show is pretty solid. Waiting to see where it goes from the cliffhanger.

Peabody plays a pretty mean guitar.

The CPS lady's reaction is what makes it,

..although I prefer highland bagpipes myself. :^)

I bet you have a really brown butthole.

Heh! What do you suppose is going through that kid (to the left of the lunch box) mind? ;)

Getting Patrick Warburton to voice Agamemnon was perfect.

>Trust me you don't want to go to Oedipus's house during the holidays. It's very awkward.

Image of season 1 DVD box set (from season 2 finale) requested. Heard that characters look closer to their movie appearances than their show ones.

It's basically the movie's boxart.

Nice references to some of the staff there (Matt Smith and Kevin Dart).

Also requesting Cyborg Hughes.

Best song:
youtube.com/watch?v=qY7LYBhuoWo

I'm surprised they didn't get him back for the show.

Penny's mom is kinda cute... the type that would own a blue macaw or something

>Paul! Wait until we get home to do that.

Bump

Is Penny even in the cartoon? Is that why Sup Forums doesn't care about it?

>all incarnations

She isn't. I really don't get why the show isn't a continuation from the movie.

Penny was the worst thing in the movie, a schizophrenic interloper who took time away from the two main characters. People only like her because she has a vagina and they want to see it.

Is it just me or is the movie a worse spiritual predecessor to Zootopia?

Both movies deal with the themes of racism disguised as racism. Peabody however, suffers from the problem that the hate for the dog seems extremely unjustified and overplayed a ton. As stated in the movie, Mr. Peabody is an altruist who has shaped the world into a much better place. Even with his accomplishments, everybody seems to have a grudge against him (barring Sherman and even his relationship with his adopted father gets estranged, albeit for much more justified reasons than everyone else). They all turn against the dog when he just happens to bite a social worker to both keep his son from being turned in and to save the universe.

Zootopia, on the other hand, makes the specism against predators much more realistic. Before the events of the film, the only animals who had a grudge against mammals were your standard issue speciests. Only after a intricate plot involving using a little known allergic reaction to make some predators go mad and some poor choices of words do many others turn against the predators. In fact, I believe that some of Peabody's narrative shortcomings lead to the rewriting of Zootipia's script (which used to be much more like Peabody).

hide and move on, jackass.

i know youll see this comment too, because your sitting in this thread, salivating, waiting for someone to reply to you.

It kinda is a sequel to the movie but it nitpicks what aspect of the movie it wants to keep and which ones to scrap. One episode states Sherman is 10 years old (setting the show about three years after the movie), David P. Smith, the executive producer of the show, says the show is a seque to the movie and many of the supporting and minor chatacters make appearances on the show then and now (Leonardo da Vinci, Mason, Carl/Wheels and Agamennon). On the other hand, the Petersons are gone, time is messed up (it wasn't in the movie) and the movie's events are never directly mentioned.

So fucking disappointing.

The Croods show is also a waste of setting being a prequel without Guy.

The only dreamworks series that even tries is Dragons.

I think the Peabody show has major potential, it just isn't clever enough and has chosen the wrong format.

I believe that the show could be amazing if the show was had a Rick and Morty plot format (one half is the titular duo's time trave shenanigans while the other half focuses on the domestic affairs of the supporting cast) with a humor style similar to season 2+ Gumball, the occasional overarching plot (Peabody realizes his boy is going to grow up to be a very different kind of genius than he is, an explanation of continuity errors between the show and movie where the duo discover what happened to the timeline) and the continuation of the liberal use of musical numbers.

King Julien is pretty good in the sense that they actually made Julien likable and less selfish than before. For instance, the reason he pushes for parties is because he wants his people to enjoy themselves after living in fear for too long.

Plus it has very detailed CGI.

All of the Madagascar spin-offs are solid.

But MPAS and The Croods were movies I enjoyed a lot and that had lots of potential, and whose chances for sequels are either uncertain or dead, so it bothers me to see the route they have taken with the shows.

I'm less excited about the almost universal obsession with season ending cliffhangers.
Though Croods is clearly parodying the trend, so that's okay.

Well, Dragons has been guarranteed four seasons, so I'm not too bothered there.

But yeah, I get where you are coming from.

Except that Croods is getting a sequel late next year. The reason why the show is a prequel is to allow the show creators more freedom in their plots. A sequel series would either have to adhere to the sequel movie plot or take place in a different continuity form the sequel movie which would confuse kids who watched both.

Bump

He must really like his TV show if he's willing to risk destroying time and space just to prove to his critics it's not making a mess of time.

I thought it was more of an ego thing. More about trying to prove people wrong than the show itself.

kys

That interpretation could work except for the fact that when he was told that his parents were right in "embarrassing" him, he went into a complete beta slave mode (pic related) until he finally gave up trying to be nice to them.

"And now I'll show you ladies where is customary to put a dollar."

Maybe something bad happened with Penny and Peabody did some time breakage to remove her from memory, least for Sherman.

What's the top right?