So apparently YouTube is mass banning accounts

So apparently YouTube is mass banning accounts.

If you're the kind of user who posts old commercials and shit, prepare to get your shit banned.

productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/youtube/mf5exCJHef0;context-place=forum/youtube

BAMPF FOR MASS BANNINGS

no one cares about you or your shitty deleted youtube channel

Bump

They've been doing that for like a decade now

Youtube have banned accounts for copyright since it's inception, any smart archiver has moved elsewhere by now.

As long as Jenny Nicholson is okay, I'm okay.

Heard they banned a few hundred channels over the weekend. Even deleting playlists now too.

Wonder if this has anything to do with all the youtubers complaining about major revenue drops?

>Using a google product and expecting not to get fucked

and yet they do nothing about the 24/7 spongebob/southpark stream accounts

Just saw a topic in op's forum saying some of that shit was getting banned too. Youtube hit hundreds of people in the past week or so. Its part of a new wave of bannnnings.

I think Youtube knows that without that shit their site wouldn't be the big thing that it is. Whenever I hear about these apparently inconsistent bans it just comes off as doing the absolute minimum to cover their asses to me. I really hope we get a good replacement for them in the near future

They're on the front page every time

I guess this relates to copyrighted materials so Youtube doesn't get sued in court over Simpsons clips

There goes vaporwave then

>Hey guys, what's up?

But how come nobody does a cease and desist for the Frozen Elsa Gets Pregnant By Spider-Man channels? Surely using those characters without permission is not Kosher. Oy Vey

They get banned, someone starts a new channel, repeat.

kids watch that shit on their adblock-less phones/tablets, i imagine those shitty toy channels and hero roleplaying channels are a cow worth milking and keeping around

So how do Sony and Disney get paid?