There's currently a "bounty" on identifying this character. Does anyone know who this is or where he's from?

There's currently a "bounty" on identifying this character. Does anyone know who this is or where he's from?
I know the source is Tumblr, but I think it'd be interesting to talk about here.

Disproven shows are listed here:
mooncalfe.tumblr.com/post/144614680720/what-we-know-photo-was-taken-in-1992-possibly

Other urls found in this thread:

christmas-specials.wikia.com/
christmas-specials.wikia.com/wiki/Category:1992_releases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's the fucking Secret of Nimh

Don't think so. Was it a minor character?

>it was a snack food ad that aired only once

THIS WILL NOT, AND WILL NEVER BE A MEME. STOP SPAMMING THIS BOARD.

What are you talking about?

He looks like a ripoff of Doc from Disney's Snow White.

Having a location and possible plot would help immensely. As would identifying the background. I can't tell if it's a book case or some sort of vehicle. And the thing in the botton right corner might help too.

I feel as if I have seen this but nothing's coming to mind.

this is for sophie campbell right? why the fuck is she so sobsessed with this character

I haven't watched any in a long while, but it looks like a German cartoon

Don't know why she's offering a reward for it, either.

women are fucking stupid

>implying it's not some other cuck's money she's offering

I can't help but think this came from a Christmas cartoon.

He does kind of look like a version of Santa Claus.

not him but i was thinking more "santa's elf" than "santa"

yeah, fucking idiot

Huh?

I swear to God I saw this once growing up.
I swear there were siblings, brother was a brat, and that guy in OP's image turned to stone at a point or two.

>literally talking about some tumblr meme
>OP post an actual tumblr link

Sup Forumsmblr is real. Also what are the odds that you and the rest of these posters are female?

Anything else you can remember?

Like anything about the plot?

Can tumblr leave plz

Looks like some shit from The Littles or something.

pretty sure this user has made this same thready every day for over a week now, he just changes the OP a bit and plays dumb if you tell him to stop.

Also, it shouldn't have taken you this long to realise Sup Forumsmblr is more than just a meme

If it is what I'm thinking, I don't have much else.
Got kind of dark, brother almost turned to stone, climax had the siblings dealing with a flood? In the end I believe they got to go home, happy end.

If you want tiny bs details, it was on some sort of movie channel and a disney movie like snow white was lined up after it.

it's cropped CP, right?

Calm down autists, people are just interested in what the character is from. Would you stop breathing if people on tumblr talked about how much they enjoyed breathing?

>>>/tumblr/

what is air?

Don't ever reply to my posts again.

I agree with this. He does have pointy ears and an odd pinkish skin.

You're maybe thinking of the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe but that isn't where the image is from.

I didn't notice the thing in the background before now, behind the elf's elbow. Is that a woman in a bonnet?

see you tomorrow OP

Based on the style it looks like WB/TMS animation to me

Isn't that Troll in Central Park?

Nobody gives two shits who this character is. My god, this summer us gonna be a rough one on Sup Forums

I'm actually pretty sure you're right. I know I've seen this fucker before. He looks like a keebler elf, doesn't he?

I'm coming in here to possibly give the benefit of the doubt to potential trolls here, alternatively just taking the bait because I'm a bit naive sometimes. This looks like it comes from the Teen Wolf cartoon based on the movie of the same name.

Additionally, the shore ran for 2 years. Plenty of time for an image like OP's to get produced

Doubtful, the old guy in the OP image has some hair on the top of his head and the style is dramatically different.

seems like "i want my childhood back! I want to remember every detail of it, even this utterly forgettable character from a shit cartoon that appears on a blurry screen in an old photo"

unless she doesn't have anything to do with the photo, in which case she's just fucking insane. or the thrill of investigation, etc.

I dunno, i have no idea where the photo originally came from despite seeing it all the time here in the last few weeks

Thrill of investigation, I'm sure. Same reason that drives Sup Forums and all of Sup Forums to "Identify this" threads.
Keep in mind, it was the madness of investigation that brought Dexter's Rude Removal to light.

>photo was taken in 1992
It was taken May 18, 2016 6:40:06PM. The version on her tumblr still has the exif data.

Wouldn't that just be when the photo was scanned or a photo of the photo was taken? If it's from 1992, it's not as though it would've been taken from a cell phone or digital camera.

I really wish she could give us more detail than just the photo. Like anything to do with the plot of whatever it came from. The way she doesn't know if it's from a commercial or a movie tells me she doesn't have anything at all beyond the image.

She doesn't know anything other than the image. It's not a "I have the answer can you figure it out?" thing it's a "I have no idea what the fuck this is and it's driving me nuts" thing.

Watched all six seasons of Gummi Bears last night due to the similarity of style. No dice.

Had fun watching though.

Yeah but usually when we get people looking for a cartoon they can't remember the name of, they have a vague memory of it, like . They often just have a small detail like that and their memory can be refreshed a little by answering questions when somebody else thinks they have something in mind it may be. It's so strange to see somebody looking for something when they have no idea what it is. Plenty of people have nagging memories bothering them for years but having an image and no memory is odd.

Anybody think they can figure out what this is?

I figured it out.

>It’s photo my friend and her coworkers have been trying to figure out, presumably taken by one of the people there. But they don’t know either, that’s how the whole thing started!

Apparently no fucking reason beyond "I don't know what it is and the frustration of fruitless searching somehow developed into an obsession"

You know while we're at the whole "finding out where old images are from" Anyone want to guess what this is from. I've tried everything to find its name.

Looks like Sanrio. Might be one of their Hello Kitty cartoons.

I just noticed the four fingers. This is important, I know it.

> tumblr
it started on /wsr/. Did you really think Tumblr has original ideas?

Someone needs to post a video of themselves watching whatever this cartoon is. Then this meme will finally end.

They had cell phones and digital cameras in 1992, and exif data was a thing.

They had it, but I doubt it pertains to this photo.

I just investigated 1987-1994 on here.
christmas-specials.wikia.com/
christmas-specials.wikia.com/wiki/Category:1992_releases
I don't think it's a Christmas special.

Photo was taken in 1992.
Photo was then scanned to a computer on May 18, 2016.

Did this really need explaining?

This is making me so angry

I asked my big brother and he figured it out

this originally came from Sup Forums, it's not a meme

calm your mantits

Mine too.

and he works for Nintendo so he can't tell you

All he did was watch cartoons as a kid but he was an only child then.

> woman are invading MY board

buy an onahole already

lol thats not how you collect on a bounty user

May I ask why?

Underrated hero.

how do we know someone didn't just draw this and put it on the tv?

I've seen him before. I'm trying to figure out where. I know he's in one of those third rate movies that you would find in a sales bin in old movie rental stores.

My mind keeps thinking movies like Happily Ever After and Thumbelina (Not Don Bluth's Thumbelina)

I'll probably just sleep on this.

This used to air on wb on Saturday mornings before their saturday morning cartoon block would start.

It is apparently not the Inspector Gadget Christmas special.

I wish these people would put all this effort into find the Kenya song Filthy Frank used :/

It's been like 5 years and NOBODY has found that shit.

It's a one-shot background character with a unique design only seen in the background of a relatively obscure episode in the canon of some semi-forgotten cartoon from the late 80s/early 90s.

Isn't this from a Troll in Central Park?

>all this pessimism

This is why Sup Forums can't archive anything.

Nope.
Wow, don't know how you got that out of my gibberish, but that's it!
Bit sad it wasn't the movie in question, though this is now something that will never bug me again. Checked out the end of the movie and it's exactly how I remember it playing out.
Thanks.

it's not a troll in central park lol

also is that a pig next to him?

I don't think it's a pig. I think it's a woman.

did anyone just ask him?

It's definitely a gnome or an elf obviously.
If it was santa claus he would have mustache.

I don't know why, but it reminds me of the Adventures in Odyssey series.

Bunp

Well, mystery solved.

I don't see it.

See

looks like a duck.