Stop reading comics for a while

>stop reading comics for a while
>Find out about this
>Pre-Flashpoint DC Universe exists again
>New 52 is still around
So is New 52 to DC as the ultimate Universe was to Marvel at this point?

Other urls found in this thread:

www16.zippyshare.com/v/2zLA75jZ/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You have reading comprehension issues then

No, pre new 52 and 52 universes are the same except some changes. They will merge together eventually.

no new 52 is pre-flashpoint. it's not a reboot and it never was

Not really.

Ultimate was a wholly parallel universe.

Rebirth is rewriting "New52" as if it was an alternate timeline in which some external force rewrote history for some reason.

It seems that some characters will regain their memories from the original time-line, some will reappear after seemingly being rewritten out of history altogether (Wally, JSA, Legion), and some others will proceed on a "lets pretend nothing happened but we are 10 years younger now" like Raven.

I wonder how they do that though. Shit makes no sense.

Manhattan used the Flashpoint event as an opportunity to fuck around with the universe for some reason.
Seems easy enough to me.

>New 52 is Pre-Flashpoint
>Batman's first year is completely different
>Aquaman's origin is the Silver Age one again
>Superman was an entirely different person
>Cyborg founded the Justice League

that's how altered timelines tend to work, things happen differently

But this continuity is to different from the old one to armonize them both. Joining both continuities would create more problems that it would solve.

People are really overthinking its continuity effects. All it did was set up LoSH and JSA. Superman was already back. Everything else is just a continuation of the New 52.

Right, Manhattan changed shit.

It's an excuse to gradually slide back into a DCU more similar to Pre-Flashpoint.

Which is why they're doing it slowly.

Although, I wonder if Cyborg as a founder will stay.

Everything I read about DC Rebirth makes me glad I dont read DC Comics.

>Flash broke time
>Dr M took the chance to steal 10 years history from everyone
That's it. Pre-Flashpoint == Post-Flashpoint - 10 years.

>But this continuity is to different from the old one to armonize them both
Any differences is simply handwaved away with "Dr Manhattan did it to weaken people".

why does Sup Forums do anything but read comics?

i think it's bretty gud even as a relative newcomer

i just want more blue beetle and booster gold

I wish they hadn't put "10 years" in there.
What kind of sense does that make?

Beloved characters returning and a company-wide focus on rejecting stupid shit done during the worst editorial period in the company's history is a bad thing now?

I wonder if Booster's still gonna be Waverider when he comes back.

For want of a nail the shoe was lost
For want of a shoe the horse was lost
For want of a horse the rider was lost
For want of a rider the Message was lost
For want of a message the battle was lost
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost
And all for the want of a nail

Ten years worth of time is a ton of nails

>What kind of sense does that make?
Comic sense, that is, think about it too hard and it won't fit.

10 years was a silly thing to say, because obviously people would remember teenage Wally if they only forgot 10 years.

But the changes were selective than that, so including the number seems dumb to me.

It's the same continuity, preflashpoint did happen. The universe was just fucked with afterwards, leading to all the new 52 changes.

I don't know how taking 10 years from time makes Arthur suddenly go from full atlantean to half atlantean.

It wasn't one continuous block

But those years were taken from the heroes careers, not before that.

All the time taken amounts to 10 years of history in-universe. It's not one continued big chunk, but various chunks and bits.

No, it was through out time.

That's how the JSA stuff happened

Maybe Manhattan took an important part of Aquaman's mother's history that caused a ripple effect of her not having a baby with Atlan and doing it with Arthur Curry.

Which would make this Aquaman not the same from the Pre-Flashpoint continuity, when you think about it.

It's the New-52 universe plus extras. Pre-flashpoint is dead except for Wally's insane ramblings and NEET Lois&Cuck

DC Universe - Rebirth 001 (2016) (4 Covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Drunk Monk)
www16.zippyshare.com/v/2zLA75jZ/file.html

>I wonder if Booster's still gonna be Waverider when he comes back.

Whoa wait what the fuck? When did this happen?

They aren't consecutive years.

Convergence stuff

You are overthinking it. Obviously the stolen time causes a ripple effect. Things naturally have to take the place of other things and get affected as a result even if they weren't directly changed.

Convergence

I can't believe people are having so much trouble understanding this. With time removed things became more compressed but also key points in time were missing. So if you look at it that way it's easy to deduce that the league was younger and the events that lead to Cyborg joining the titans didn't happen which caused him to be a league member instead

he also stole things like love and hope. It wasn't that he just stole time, he also fucked with a bunch of different things.

You heard wrong.

Pre-New 52 is NOT back.

Rebirth is a retcon that makes it so the New 52 universe is the same universe as the pre-New 52 universe, but the continuity is still different. The made it so Doctor Manhattan rewrote the continuity of the universe, as opposed to the original explanation that it was a different universe.

It wasn't just stolen time. Manhattan rewrote the continuity.

Pretty much, New 52 is sort of like a Battleworld that had a lot more detail and was better managed. It's just recently that God Manhattan created the "Universe" and now it's merging back into the main universe/time line. Its just, the events of New 52 were dragged out for a few years relative to us, instead of a few months back with Battleworld.

It's actually a really cool concept.

I haven't read Rebirth yet, but, if the old continuity is now in the same timeline as the new, has Batman for example been aged 10 years? Or is it still the new52 bullshit, where he had four Robins in five years?

try actually reading the fucking thread. it's explained right here multiple times what's going on.

>>Batman's first year is completely different
hate it.

>I wonder if Booster's still gonna be Waverider when he comes back.

Nah. I think they'll make New 52 Booster present Booster, while Pre-52 Convergence Booster will be his future self. It was even their assumption, before Pre-52 Booster noticed things didn't match. So, they realize that it was a mistake due to the stolen time and everything fits smoothly.

>i just want more blue beetle and booster gold
I would love to see Booster and Ted mentoring Jaime

Justice League has had a few different founders over the years, I think the last ones were the second Black Canary, Flash and GL,

Pre Flashpoint DC universe has existed since Convergence

Main book or the Booster Gold tie-in?

Defending this utter stupidity is horrible and you should feel horrible. Ten non-consecutive years? Do you not see how fucking stupid that is?

what should i read after the original COIE

Pick a character or team you like and go from there. There's a lot of good shit in the long run between COIE and Flashpoint.

Honestly, with the exception of Final Crisis, DC's big events aren't that great and all the major changes and plot occurences that happen in them you can pick up on from wikis.

everything else that has 'crisis' in the name somewhere

also Kirby's 4th world stuff

Post crisis the founding group was Flash, GL, Aquaman, Black Canary, and MMH. Infinite Crisis retconned Wonder Woman back in

>Defending this utter stupidity is horrible and you should feel horrible. Ten non-consecutive years? Do you not see how fucking stupid that is?

The simple answer is it was ALREADY like that, Ten non-consecutive years being sucked out of the characters' lives was ALREADY the explanation for how everyone in the Justice League had only been heroes for five years and yet ALL FOUR Robins still existed and were now magically almost the same ages as each other, and all the fucking stories had somehow still happened...except the ones that didn't but we won't tell you which ones because we don't know yet, we're figuring it out as we go!

Blackest Night and Batman Inc.? Canon! Kyle dating Jade and No Man's Land? Not canon! DAROS? We're not sure but Kon, Eradicator, and Henshaw sure weren't there!

Rebirth just said out loud what was already true and blamed it on an in-universe character in order to identify it as a problem the characters need to resolve, I'm sorry that you were too fucking dense to have figured this out over the past five years.

Booster Gold.

Good, I was looking to avoid reading the shitshow that was the main book if I could help it.

Most of tie-ins are good.Only one I didn't like is Nightwing/Oracle, although I'm sure shippers love fuck out of that one, as well. Main is wanking Earth 2 too hard for my taste.

hail hydra

Because Doctor Manhattan fucked with everything

Can someone post the rebirth release guide picture?

Requesting people to talk about tampons is kind of sexist though. It's literally a thing that's only made for one of the sexes.

Final Crisis wasn't that great either to be honest. It was pointless and inconsequential.

The buildup to Infinite Crisis was far superior and probably could have blossomed into something far greater than "just" a sequel to COIE.