Is he a lame villain?

Is he a lame villain?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8bmn6bjlw70
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I liked him. That's a nice poster.

He was really one-dimensional.

I like him but i don't like how he ended, there is options for better twist and they go for the easy, simple one.

He's the most comic-book-esque movie villain ever after original Green Goblin.

Depends on how you define "lame", I guess. I didn't find him boring in the slightest: he was gloriously hammy and bombastic. Hammy and bombastic might be "lame" to some people though.

He was better than I expected. He's what ultron tried to be.

To be fair, that's kind of the point.

I haven't seen it, what's his whole angle?
A man who wants to destroy the world could have many tangent thoughts and desires.

Better than anything from Disney Marvel though that isn't saying much

He wasn't a lame villain in the 90s cartoon or the Capcom games. Just everywhere else.

I kind of wonder what his plan was before Xavier. I wanted more of a slower going threat. Rebuilding his kingdom drawing more mutants to him. Then the big world changing event. His story was rushed a little for my taste. But he wasn't bad himself, He had a solid presence.

Apocalypse was never really deep to begin with.

I haven't seen it, but I'm saying yes anyway because I'm on Sup Forums.

He wanted to make the world safe for mutants by killing all of humanity. He loses all gray in the last ten minutes when its revealed He wants to use Xavier's brain to make all mutants into one conciseness and control everything.

This and I love Ultron but I feel like Apoc turned out more like how Marvel actually wanted me to "feel" for Ultron and somehow Apoc seemed to do the whole end of the world vibes better (at least there weren't any Helicarrier's around to sweep away their problems).

He has his own charm.
He makes speeches and gives you power.
I'm not sure if I would call him a villain.
En Sabah Nur is life. En Sabah Nur is love

I had a strong Onslaught vibe there, and I wonder if it's some foreshadowing,as Dark Phoenix could have been the final push for Xavier to go dark side.

He is, but fans will find reasons to make him sound more unique than he actually is. I mean, Goblin level hammy? Really?
It's like how yesterday I saw people trying to argue Apoc is unique even among the other X-movies because it supposedly concentrates on the young, almost like a "mutant slice of life" (what is First Class)

>Make everyone connected.
Sounds familiar.

>the world can only work right if I control all of it

What a delusional manchild

I think it would work better as two movies: let Apocalypse build up, flesh out his Horsemen other than Magneto. Give characters some screen time before you kill them, instead of giving them dumbest death possible (although I still think that Havok shouldn't die in the first place)

Still the best version of Apocalypse

I have to agree. Even though the way he was defeated was pretty lame, that was still the best interpretation of him.

I have to wonder if the producers of the movie saw this, because Evo Apocalypse's horsemen were power-boosted and mind-controlled Magneto, Storm, Xavier and Mystique. Xavier even starts using Psylocke-esque psychic scythes.

I was really hoping for this quote.

youtube.com/watch?v=8bmn6bjlw70

In general? Yeah, kinda.
In the movie? Don't know, haven't seen it.

My favorite part of Apocalypse was always the actual Age of Edginess he presided, not the character himself.
I did like his origin story.

He's a one dimensional villain. There's literally nothing else to him but wanting to destroy everyone because he's basically a God and he can. Even the bits about being some all loving father to all mutants feels false and self-serving. And he does that one dimensional role admirably. He feels more like a force of nature than an actual person.

That bit where he was talking about firing arrows into the sky and never hitting God gave me "YOU ARE NO CLOSER THAN THE BABYLONIANS WITH THEIR FIRE AND ARROWS" vibes.

Basically he's the first mutant. He acquired some tech that let him transfer his consciousness and power into another mutant and obtain their power as well as extend his life. He's responsible for making cultures into something much greater than they were, then culling them, over and over. Partially to make the coming mutantkind stronger through the millenia but also to make himself stronger. Absolute power corrupts absolutely and all that.

you just disliked apoc

in movie, he created those tech

This is something that a lot of causal friends of mine mentioned, even before the movie was out

He's a great villain stuck in a lame movie.

>he is lame, because he is a jobber
>he is lame, because he wants to conquer the world
>he is lame, because he is one dimensional
>he is lame, because he is lame
seriously, you don't have any real arguments

Yes. Yes he is. Everything about this guy was the worst parts of the movie

Better then MCU Ultron

>2016 Marvel movie
>Destroyed by critics on the same level as Batman vs Superman
>Movie Storm and Psylocke
So what are the odds of Disney recasting everyone?

Fox owns X-Men, not Disney dumbass

YOU CAN FIRE ARROWS FROM THE TOWER OF BABEL BUT YOU WILL NEVER STRIKE GOD!

I hated how apocalypses only size change was in the dream/mind sequence. I hoped he would Mutate his body a bit to kill some people.

I liked him better than most of the MCU villains we've had. He had some good scenes with his "children."

Fans seem to like it more than the critics, we'll see where it ends up in terms of gross income.

>You will tell them this Earth will be laid waste, it is I, En Sabah Nur ,who will wreak this upon them

>Just wasted the Earth's entire nuclear arsenal earlier by shooting it into space

WHAT THE FUCK?! Was he this stupid?

That's basically Apocalypse in a nut shell. Though I still enjoyed him in the animated series despite it. He's usually a force of nature or a grand manipulator. But loses oddly enough. You'd think he'd get suicidal from never winning, but I guess megalomania and narcissism are hell of a self esteem booster.

yeah, he didn't utilize his potential

That's part of it he never sees it as a defeat. Just a delay in his plans. He's an unstoppable force and eventually all will yield to Apocalypse.

Yes.

Not him specifically. All incarnations of Apocalypse is.