What went right?

50 years ago Singapour was a Mexico tier shitty country

Now is a first world country, probably the best country in Asia and one of the safest places in the world

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e8rPofi-AUw
youtube.com/watch?v=QgTHNpEHKKw
youtube.com/watch?v=SzM8LB0Lgq0
s.aliexpress.com/mAZN3AZ3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

strict laws and not having mainland tier Chinese and even when they do they keep them in line alongside indians and niggers?

Secret American kisses

Shut the fuck up

>best
>safest
>wat is japan

singapuerh looks pretty awesome though t b h

Death penalty
Correct me if I'm wrong but my father told me the military restaured death penalty executing all the corrupts and the criminals

Lee Kuan Yew

Strong leadership.

Ruled with an iron fist, citizens heavily discouraged to put themselves first. Cultural, religious identity minimised to stop muzzies killing tamils willing chinese. Made to consider raising the nation as their primary objective. Even the most 'petty' crime not tolerated. Focus put on education.

So all these things and a few more. Worked in a tiny Asian nation with limited media sources and the population having a goal of self betterment.

I doubt this model would work anywhere else. Unfortunately

State capitalism. Basically what America was doing prior to the 60s.

Lee kuan yew and police state happened

Being surrounded by mudslimes is another incentive to modernize ASAP

Japan is not a city its a country

also from everyone ive talked to that has been to lived in Japan

actually living in the Cities can be hell, its rush rush rush atmosphere is what drives people to mass depression

When the Cantonese make a city, you get Macau, Singapore, and Hong Kong.

You do realise those cities were occupied by foreigners from the west right?

ignoring the 99.999% of stupid plebs who don't know what's best for themselves and working with brilliant technocrats to implement objectively good policies

True multi culturalism. Instead of race mixing and adopting other cultures races were kept separate and made to tolerate one another. Equal opportunity regardless of race language and religion

as it should be

it makes no sense to let

human shit live, nor willingly let them out after a few years to repeat the same crime over and over

Cities in the west are occupied by niggers and muslims now.

They got lucky due to geography.

Lee Kuan Kew

How can I move to Singapore? I mean, if Hillary gets elected, of course.

Wat crawled up your pussy?

Yew wasn't a technocrat.

its full of asians, not mexicans. Thats what

High IQ + Free Market policies = The formula of success.

this

Fuck off we are full (literally)

And what's happening to them?

Get permanent residence and serve 2 years military. It's a fucking joke though because most conscripts don't care and malinger all the time

Rare cheesenese

A cousin of mine went there for work. He said the place was very clean, the streets, subways, etc. all clear of graffiti and so clean you can eat off it. Except the buildings and concrete jungle made it hot as hell. Space is very limited and apartments are tiny.

boring as fuck tho and arrogant short sighted fucks

High IQs and Asian values.

The late PM Lee whipped the country into shape and made sure the Chinese were in charge, the Muslims were kept in check and he knew not to let Indians or Malays be in charge of anything.

He said so much himself many times in interviews over the years.

They did. If you get caught smuggling in so much as a joint your ass is grass.

Fair enough. Are Americans or Caucasians in general accepted, or is there a level of scrutiny about that?
I have a lot of respect for Singapore. I expected something out of Black Lagoon, thanks to Tom Waits' song about the country, but I've really come to appreciate it as a whole.

>apartments are tiny

Obviously you haven't been to Hong kong

>fuck human rights
>let government manipulate currency and economy
>basically create a class system
>ramp power of police/military

yeah lots of progress can be made when you let the government just do what it wants. That doesn't mean that the people living there are necessarily happy.

Some women here crave the white cock. They're getting really common now (some even live in the heartlands)

This man happened.

youtube.com/watch?v=QgTHNpEHKKw
youtube.com/watch?v=SzM8LB0Lgq0

He's the leader that every Sup Forumsack wants running their country.

Authoritarian government with very strict and meticulous rules.

Seriously.

Singapore is how you do multiculti: you can keep your traditions as long as you obey universal law, and no preferential treatment will be given

Isn't his son a fucking retard though?

Also, how full are you? We Americans say that a lot as well, but truth is, we have a lot of space to spare in the midwest. Just curious. How's the job market? What industries are booming? I'm in industrial sales atm

Singapore is a country too.

Its a city-state.

authoritarian capitalism. The best form of government for rapid economic growth.

Of course certain freedoms were restricted, but do you think anyone living their or in South Korea or Taiwan cares about that now?

His son is a senior wrangler. He would have been a world class mathematician if he didn't have to come back to serve his bond in the army (and if his father let him)

Muslims in Singapore are the most well behaved Muslims i've ever seen anywhere. It's a bit crazy.

isnt singapore like a benevolent dictatorship

only problem with him is he is the reason they use simplified chinese characters instead of glorious traditional

lol china

Agreed.

Simplified Chinese is absolute cancer.

We are ultimate price takers as we are tiny compared to the world. Our population exceeds Denmark (or is roughly the same). If you wanna work here you have to have some special skills (or a company is willing to pay for you)

CORPORAL. PUNISHMENT.

What can America learn from Singapore? Would Singaporeans, if presented with the situations, side with Trump, or Hillary? Serious question, I'd just like to get to know the country and its people/demographics better. Thanks

Thanks, Singabro. What's currently the big market boom for wanted workers? Software sales? Industrial Engineering?

The entire rest of their continent and species going completely wrong

Yep, apparently non whites can't handle freedom like alcohol or weed so they behead their users

Watch and read about Lee Kuan Yew

Fucking weeaboos

+Women incredibly easy to sleep with.
+Cheap flights to anywhere in Asia non stop.
+Incredibly clean.
+Would never think it was ever anything but 1st world.
-Boring.
-Soon as you've done a few things you've done them all.

It's interesting enough place for 2 days every time I've stopped in, couldn't imagine living there but.

I'm in management consulting so I'm not entirely sure of that.

We would take trump. Corruption is a huge bad mark. But we have multiple parties and we use the British system as we used to be under them. And the people will dox the hell out of you if you come to Singapore and bad mouth the country

>space to spare in the midwest
FUCK OFF WE ARE 100% FULL

British law

Highly service based because space is tight, limiting manufacturing. Apartments and vehicles are also expensive as hell

I side with Trump, but the problem is that our news regurgitates liberal MSM lies for lack of better source to report from, so expect the typical goyim here to think Trump is racist or that Hillary is competent or legitimate

We don't care to make a few of you disappear. Its going to happen too. A good chunk of us are going to come in and wipe out over half of the population and start over. YOU can be helpful or you can be missing. Your call.

EU and US: No that is not """"true"""" multiculturalism. 1 human race 1 culture jfsgnigfggub
Meanwhile, incoming truck, machete, axe, ...

>Yew

:^)

Literal worldwide dirty money washing machine

Ask a Singaporean below the age of 28. Temporary High Life.

The population was forced to save their own money

Worked out marvellously for them

based

wait is that a cruise ship on top of three sky scrapers

Thanks for the insight. I appreciate the honesty. All the best to you and your country.

You too ameribro, may Trump make America great again!

Capitalism

You can start a business over there in like 2 hours

Because alcohol and weed are working wonders for the west these days.

Singapore happens to be in a prime location for international shipping. All the neighbors are backwards Snackbars.

>chew gum
>get shot

I'm too lazy to directly reply, but I have seen nothing but disdain for both candidates, although we are slightly sided towards shillary

I frankly think American politics is a joke, and almost everyone that I know does too

Pragmatic authoritarianism.
Small country.
Devoted and relatively uncorrupt high officials.

I'd love to see what a larger Singapore in charge of a good chuck of SE Asia would be capable of.

Engineering is pretty much a dead end career here. Here bankers and sales rule.

Singapore is what happens when Wall Street becomes an independent city state.

1.The whole nation is a single city
2.Capitalism
3.Prime location for trade
4.Not African

At least the Govt acknowledged the issue

why isn't singapore apart of malaysia?

>smoke weed
>get high on a noose

They got kicked out cause they were mostly cantonese and not malaysian iirc.

What did you do during your Conscript service?

Back in the dark days of me playing World of Warcraft, I had a guild leader that was Singaporian. He spent most of his duty day at a desk, which managed some sort of temporary barracks/hotel. Would log into WoW with his laptop and using the office phone line.

He was pissed about it because he lived in Canada and conscription interrupted his college. Said he couldn't just not go, because the government would punish his family.

But face it, gahmen is just going to put up a few advertisements and scholarships to try to attract idiots to take up engineering, while bankers still get paid a shit ton.
It's all just lip service. No real change will happen.

>better
They kicked us out because they wanted to keep policies which benefitted Malays (racism). They were also scared of lee kuan yew gaining power

Singapore has no capital gains tax, lots of multi-millionaires move there
when you have such wealthy people living there is just a matter of time until it transformed into place packed with luxury buildings and things

I wear this in public.

#MAGA

Nice, where did you get it? On holiday in America?

>read this while clearing bong
>cough laugh

God damn it, Asians.

I just did regular soldier stuff. Physical training, shooting practice, outfield camping and firefights, etc. Nothing particularly interesting to Americans.

NS is a pain in the ass because it costs us 2 of the best years of our lives and effectively locking most of the male population to the country with reservist.
It's a devious plan to keep people in the island, really.

>getting told on national tv by the leader of your country to get your shit together as a woman and make some babies for the glory of the nation and your pride as a family unit

ABSOLUTELY fucking based. Wish I could vote for this guy. Trump is as close as we can get.

Seconded, HK apartments are half the size of SG.

Frankly speaking we're a police state. But if you act like a civilized human beings the cops don't bother you.

He is.

>authoritarian leadership and enforced meritocracy had nothing to do with it
kek

I was soldier my self and a current /k/ommando.

Other than the Anti Piracy work. Does the Singapore military take it self serious? Or are they just going to wait for America to rescue them?

He is widely acknowledged as one of the greatest leaders of the 20th century.

HK shoebox apartments arent that bad desu, you dont really spend much time at home anyways.

Online bro.

s.aliexpress.com/mAZN3AZ3