Why did they think people would like Dil?

Why did they think people would like Dil?

Has a cousin Oliver ever worked?

Because he was supposed to be a plot device, not a character. That's the problem, you introduce a baby or a littler kid to mix things up, then realize that they're basically a character of incredible importance to people in the story, but they can't talk or have their own ideas or even be put safely out of the way for an extended period.

Why doesn't Dil just rape the Joker?

I wanted Tommy to just abandon Dil in the woods so fucking bad.

>Hey guys so the show is getting a little stale
>So I was thinking we add an even younger baby to the cast to do nothing other than provoke conflict between the rest of the characters
>of course since he's a tiny baby he will have no personality and only exist to make all the others completely miserable 99% of the time, with the other 1% being a feeling of accomplishment when it does something cute

Woo-fucking-hoo.

It was supposed to add a new dimension to the dynamics of the main cast (especially Tommy) and give the show a layer of freshness. It's not uncommon for TV shows to do this.

Unfortunately, the character just reminded me of how annoying my own little brother was. It was even worse in the AGU series.

What blows my fucking mind is that Kimmy and Asian mom did exactly what Dill was supposed too.

I honestly can't believe they didn't add her first, then go with Dill.

You'd watch a baby get raped, mauled, and eaten by monkeys?

I don't think Nick would like that.

They wanted an easy way out. Instead of introducing a new character and her parent, they thought "We'll just stick a basically not-talking plot ball in there, he can make stuff happen basically at random, it'll open up all kinds of new stories." Really it did the opposite.

>“Am I my brother's keeper?
Jesus

>does something cute

Dil was never cute. They tried but it never worked.

Why did an animation studio like Klasky Csupo, who's foundling ideals were copying eastern European styles and making deliberately ugly art, think they could do cute...

Well, they created Angelica......

>You'd watch a baby get raped, mauled, and eaten by monkeys?

Yes. I am pretty sure you can write a creepypasta that way by implying KlaskyCsupo has a deleted scene stored somewhere of this.

and you will be guaranteed to have one person ask if thats real

They were under the impression people liked pun names?

the original Pacifica. My first love.

I do want them to retcon Dil & Kimi and get rid of the whole dead mom thing and just be like the first 3 seasons.

Malinda will still be alive.

Dil was even worse in All Grown Up
>Lets have the baby who never talked have him talk way too much and have a completely insane personality
I suppose it looks good on paper

All Grown Up in general was good on paper

>Let's have the characters grow up with the audience! They'll relate so much more!

Somewhere, there's a creepypasta about the alternate rugrats ending written by a teenage edgy faggot who jerks off to FNAF smut.
And it describes dead Dil as a hyper realistic photograph of a dead baby mauled by baboons.

They were what? 10-12 in All Grown up but acted like they were in their final year in high school. That's why it was shit. Well also, every episode was about Tommy or Dill and they weren't very interesting. Chuckie was a cringe Lord, Phil and Lil went turned into generic boy and girl and the rest of the cast were pretty useless. Also why was Spike still alive?.

Dil became a pothead in all grown up

Chuckie became a prime sauce for cringe threads when he grew up

watching rugrats when Dil first was born it seemed obvious to me he wasn't normal then in all grown up seemed more obvious he had autism or something. before autism was a buzzword and insult and was just a medical term for a mental handicap

>They were what? 10-12 in All Grown up but acted like they were in their final year in high school

That really annoyed me. There's one episode where it makes a huge deal about some standardized test for 5th graders being the most stressful thing ever. Tommy starts losing his mind and gets stopped by cops for doing something and when he tells them his weird behavior is due to the 5th grade standardized test the cop makes a comment that's like "before that test I had all my vertebrae" or something. It made no sense

I had to take that test and couldn't have cared less about it when I was in the 5th grade-- hell I was happy that it got me out of regular class. I literally have never heard anyone in my life complain about that test. Sure it's bullshit, but it doesn't matter and everyone forgets about it immediately afterwards anyway. It's not the fucking SATs or something. Why didn't they just put them in highschool? I never understood it