BBC funds new series about Greece and Troy

Say hello to Achilles, the archetypal Greek! I think this show looks wonderful.

variety.com/2017/tv/news/bbc-netflix-troy-fall-of-a-city-1202646162/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jus_soli
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greeks
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WE

Achilles was a dumb nigger in everything but skin already.

well, if they use whites to portray ancient greeks/romans I don't see why they can't use africans

-STERN EUROPE

this isn't the first time the BBC has done something like this

WUZ

This.

According to same Sup Forumstards and Vargtards Greek aren't white

This.

This
Fuck off they're black

It's not historicaly accurate

So nordics were dominated by BLACKS?

both aren't, so just hire the better actor despite his genetic background

?? are you retarded??

Its also historically inaccurate to potray achilles as a nordic person

Is this real?

I mean for the roman dude, it's not eventually wrong, even though the Romans never tried to conquer subsaharan africa, but the pictish guy oh my god.
It's like portraying a blond-haired zulu warrior.

Neither was making Brad Pitt as Achilles but were you crying about that too? Is it just big black bulls that trigger your mutt sensibilities?

When was that done?

Great recreation of Nigga I of Troy.

>Black celt

lol.

That being said, I don't mind if historical accuracy is sacrificed slightly so black kids in the UK have someone to identify with onscreen.

In all of Hollywood renditions?

Yeah the dumb retards should just hire Achilles itself.

Meh, I don't care about the culture wars aspect, it just breaks immersion

This is idiotic tho, a bare minimum of historical accuracy should be strived for in what are obviosuly meant as educational shows

Oh for fucks sake

RTÉ isn't any better m8. Say hello to Sétanta.

The sooner everyone accepts they're being actively replaced, the sooner this gets fixed.

>56%
>a nord
kys

wh*Toids BTFO once again

KARA BOGA

my ancestor :)

Christians BTFO norses

That fucking baby, I'm dying holy shit

Who cares? It's television, not a history programme. The real question is - why are you so obsessed with race?

>mfw westner cucks aren't only losing not only their women, but also their history
one day you will wake up and have to recognise that you are a minority... probably a rich minority, living in conditions similar to present-day South Africa. Good Luck and have fun.

The point is that they didn't complain when he was too white.

I understand that it is a bit shit to use a black person, but let's face it, they hate it because they are racists and think blacks are inferior to them.

Whereas whites are OK, because whites are better.

Yeah but still, I heavily doubt Achilles had long blonde hair and blue eyes. Yet nobody cried about it.

>why are you so obsessed with race?
flag

Oh no... NO NO

>you will wake up
CANT WAKE UP

>slightly

I mean it's equally ridiculous to use Nordic white blonde hair blue eyed people to represent ancient Greeks, romans, mesopotamians, jesus, etc.

>I understand that it is a bit shit to use a black person
>they hate it because they are racists
t. guilt ridden cultural marxist cuck

nigger

>so black kids in the UK have someone to identify with onscreen.

Why don't they make up a TV show about African history?

you guys do realise that there are relatively fair skinned and green/blue eyed Greeks and even near easterners, right?

>they hate it because they are racists and think blacks are inferior to them
t. Mohammed Al Fahrad

It doesn't matter at all what they look like, they're ACTORS

It's not a history book, get a grip

>defeated in argument
>let's call him, "cultural Marxist"! that will do it!

Go back to Sup Forums, you damn racist fucks.

Children born in Britain that happen to be black can't identify with African history, they are Brits

>meme response

Epic

Have you already forgotten about me Sup Forums?

lol meds are all shitskins/blacks

How do you know? The more retarded thing is that now hes black when they literally had 0 historical contact.

Why the fuck would they identity as Ancient Greeks?

Calm down Tyrone, just because you don't have any history doesn't mean you have to start appropriating ours

>Children born in Britain that happen to be black can't identify with African history, they are Brits

Who gives two shits, they arent greeks nor is british history theirs either.

Hector was a chink and Achilles was a nigger

t. Muxammad Xaaji

Because all "African history" was created by white or brown people, not blacks.

To be fair whites are probably closer to ancient Greeks than sub-saharan Africans.

You literally dont even notice your own hypocricy and call others racists because they want some historical accuracy?
>as always
>turk response
epic

>they are Brits
So this is the power of the modern German...

KANGZ

>Brits pay a TV tax for THIS

>the difference between two white groups is totally the same as between whites and Sub-Saharan Africans

"no"

But that’s not 100% true. Most of the upperclasses in each Medo*d society were paler and more light eyed than their poorer compatriots.

t. Japanese-American

>Because all "African history" was created by brown people
ftfy

>He isn't annoyed by a perfectly normal thing that doesn't affect anyone so he must be black

You live in a bizarre world

>Children born in Britain that happen to be black can't identify with African history, they are Brits
Is this a joke? Even in UK, Jus Soli has restrictions.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jus_soli

I heard that the Greek gods were depicted as blonde haired so I wouldn't be surprised if Achilles was supposed to have blonde hair

it's simply wrong

nothing more to say

"hurrr ur jus racis"

>ancient greeks
>white
WE

Well then Churchill will be a skinny woman in my next documentary.

No. I understand why it is not good to use a black person instead of a Greek.

But why didn't they complain when they used a white person instead of a Greek?

That shows that in reality it is not that the actor is not Greek. It is more that the actor is an ethnicity that the Greeks find inferior.

You live in the wrong country.

>two white groups

ahahahahahahaaa fucking 56 %ers no meds aren't white

>perfectly normal thing
His acting skills must be godlike.

If you really think about this, what they are doing is lying to blacks, telling them that they were equals since old times, thereby erasing the true history of whites oppressing blacks.

i don't see the problem
that man is clearly of m*diterranean decent

From the perspective of population genetics, a Swede or a Indian is more of an accurate depiction of a Greek than a sub-Saharan African.

Even though Achilles is a fictional character who may have been inspired by some ancient greek hero, he is described in the iliade as fair-haired :

>"The white-armed goddess Hera had sent her forth, [195] for in her heart she loved and cared for both men alike. She stood behind him, and seized the son of Peleus by his fair hair, appearing to him alone. No one of the others saw her. Achilles was seized with wonder, and turned around, and immediately recognized Pallas Athene."

>he doesn't deny he's black
I knew it

By starring a Bantu as Achilles?

Your logic does not follow.

Excuse me I am 100% British and just not autistic :)

>it's equally ridiculous to use Nordic white blonde hair blue eyed people to represent ancient Greeks, romans, mesopotamians, jesus, etc.
"no"

Exactly

>bitch about white people in movies
>all the sudden race doesn't matter when it's a non-white
I hate how fucking dishonest you niggers are.

>Africans born in Britain have to identify as Greeks
"no"

>people here unironically believe casting a Brad Pitt as Achilles is "as inaccurate as" casting a black person

>those fingers
Lose some weight tubby

You see any greeks here?
You were here when they shot that shit movie?

Honestly, i think they put brad pitt on that role cos hes fucking brad pitt and that fact sells to murrilards, but who the fuck is this guy?

To be fair achilles was blonde

You belong in USA fatass.

:)

Right, so all the white people in that programme have to be better actors than the entire nation of Greece to justify them being in it? What are you trying to say?

In stage plays men routinely play women and vice versa where it doesn't matter . A programme about Churchill would probably be historical, so that wouldn't happen would it, stupid argument

In reality:
>In the work of Homer, Menelaus the king of the Spartans is, together with some other Greek leaders, portrayed as blond. There is only one case of a dark-haired hero, and that is when the blond Odysseus is transformed by Athena and his beard becomes blue-black. Other blond characters in Homer are Peleus, Achilles, Meleager, Agamede, and Rhadamanthys.[70]

Yeah i tried to tell you before you were guilt tripping.

It's a South African production funded by the BBC. They are using locals and shilling South African Cinema for dinner reason

yeah it's not 'as inaccurate as'. meds are shitskins bordering on black so casting a black person is more accurate than casting brad pitt

This, what a mess

There is literally no evidence that modern Greeks aren't descended from ancient Greeks.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greeks

"In recent anthropological studies, both ancient and modern Greek osteological samples were analyzed demonstrating a bio-genetic affinity and continuity shared between both groups.[148][149]"

inb4 "modern Greeks aren't white either"

I was trying to say that he must be a good actor since he got the role you dumbo.