Quality Animation Thread

Defend this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L7AqlIp5evA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nobody's going to defend Sonic Underground

Be careful, OP you'll trigger the autists

My spoos is a sonic sperg.
She would have some very intense feels about this.
I think the character designs were hilariously indicative of the late 80's/early 90's zeitgeist, especially manic {3edgy12me),
Also, the story wasn't bad.

Unless you're SonicSegaFan or CWC

I'll defend the hilarity its crappy animation budget created

>the story wasn't bad.

>Also, the story wasn't bad.
my sides are keking through the multiverse so hard I can't even post a reaction image. My keks transcend reaction

>Catalog
It wasn't Sonic 06 bad.

>defending sonic underground
>also an undertale faggot

It's not Sonic X. Sonic X is the worse Sonic cartoon. It took itself too seriously, Sonic was always lying on the room instead of running around, Sonic and his friends got a back seat to Chris Spoiltbrat-Dyke. And the 4Kids dub was awful.

You can get people to argue over whether AoStH is better, or SatAM is better, and in either case it's all a matter of subjective taste.

Sonic Underground, however, is objectively the worst Sonic cartoon out of the DiC trilogy of Sonic cartoons, and anyone that defends it has brain damage.

youtube.com/watch?v=L7AqlIp5evA

This is the original pilot for Sonic X. (Apparently called The Sonic Adventure at this point.) It's just Sonic and friends fighting Eggman and his robots with Shadow and Rouge teased at the end. All the background characters are other animals. No humans in sight besides Eggman.

Why didn't they just make the show like that?

They needed a whiney billionaire kid who had a mansion, race car driver uncle, Doc Brown Grandad, a friendly butler and maid, a cast of friends who are just tokenism and parents who while were absent a lot, were only working to provide for the little shit and actually did spend as much time with him when they actually. That sounds like the average kid, totally relatable

>I think the character designs were hilariously indicative of the late 80's/early 90's zeitgeist, especially manic
This show came out at the same time Sonic Adventure did.

That's the problem with Chris. They play him off as a lonely rich kid who desperately needs friends and family even though he had those things before Sonic arrived and still had them when he left. Nothing wrong with being sad when one of your best friends has to leave forever but Chris took everything to fucking extremes and was an asshole for it at the end.

It actually sucks that the show got cancelled when it did where they finally got the real Sonic cast back on their homeworld, not on retarded human populated Earth or outer space, and Eggman had shoved Chris out of the picture. They obviously has more planned with that Dark Sonic thing and Shadow being brought back again at the very end. A fourth season may have been decent as long as they didn't do anything else to fuck it up.

At least his arms aren't blue

Nah, that's pretty fucking great.

Animation is hard

Our laws of physics must not be applied in that M A G I C A L and U N I Q U E universe.

Smear frames don't constitute bad animation, user. They're necessary for certain kinds of animation, typically for cartoony animation such as in, I dunno, Phineas and Ferb.