Just one more episode until The Leftovers gets cemented in history as one of the most kino shows of all time

Just one more episode until The Leftovers gets cemented in history as one of the most kino shows of all time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MijW2PqR0S0
youtube.com/watch?v=XClvMMxBg1k
youtube.com/watch?v=EkPy18xW1j8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How will they fuck it up?

I don't know, but there will be a lot of people who will hate the finale because its not gonna answer any questions whatsoever.

You and the rest of the Leftovers fans are the reason this board is complete shit.

This poster is the embodiment of capeshit and spaceshit and should go to his shit mountain located on reddit

what's behind the kevin in the painting?

This board loves this shit show which is the equivalent of capeshit with a pretentious coat of paint you idiotic fuck.

Spoken like a true pleb that speaks as if from his own anus in ignorance

good catch my friend .
upvoting you so your observation wont get burried.

Talk in more meme words you stupid child.

hello, this is my waifu

say something nice about her

She's perfect man

How the fuck am I supposed to watch another serious television show after experiencing kino of this magnitude?

The ending was not as powerful as last episode. Everything was leading to a spectacular ending yet it was blue-ballsy. For the first time, I'm having doubts that the series finale will be good. But they're not big doubts. This series has been fucking a+ since episode 1.

so sounds like its par for the course for this piece of shit show

so glad i dropped this on the newest season

Hopefully the finale isn't just a Nora centric episode. I think Kevin is going to be looking for her anyway so he will probably feature in a lot of it.

>muh answers

This show isn't for children. Stick to the big bang theory

It's for children who think it makes them smarter than the viewers of the Big Bang Theory when in reality they are exactly the same.

Still speaking out of your anus

Better then having my head shoved up Damon Lindelof's.

falling for this absolute shit-tier bait

STOP YOUR WASTING BREATHE
DONT DEAD OPEN INSIDE

Who baited who

- smiles gently and wags tail-

If Kevin killed Patty, how is she able to become the Secretary of Defense?

The Lindelof obsessed guy is hilarious. Shows up to every Leftovers thread to bitch.

my thoughts exactly

Here's a mind-blowing twist for you that will leave you astounded and emotionally devastated as watching a terrible episode of The Leftovers: more than one person think it's shit and that Lindelof's is a hack.

Link for the song at the end?

He summoned her. He could have said any other name, she clearly stated it.

Skeeter davis - End of the world?

youtube.com/watch?v=MijW2PqR0S0

10/10 song, probably the only thing good thing that game added.

She has double the chance of an Emmy nomination

I know that Lindleoff won't give any answers, just different allusions to various ideas of thought just like religion to show his deeper shallow insight.

I will really miss this show though

First good episode of the season

No Lori on the other side, did she not kill herself?

No Nora either.

dubs say laurie is not dead

So I was going to start this show. What makes it good I keep hearing its kino but the writer is that one faggot that sucks ass. Im not asking to convince me to watch ( I hate those kind of faggots) but what makes it stand out?

it's one of a kind

Incredibly strong performances, spiritual/religious themes, three dimensional characters, the score

Wait until after the finale next week and gauge the reaction then.

>mfw it's gonna do a subversion and give a perfectly logical explanation for everything in the show

This season was a letdown.

The Leftovers makes dumb people feel smart. Total shit show.

From the preview for next week she hasn't gone through the space beam machine yet

>tfw Lindelof wrote in a literal penis inspection day

clearly kevin doesn't get nora back she looks old and pissed

Maybe she's protecting Kevin from the masses desperate for a new messiah.

I do still wonder why that last scene of episode one was necessary though.

>autistic attention to detail (in a good way)
>perfect score
>not a single bad performance
>the main idea behind it is interesting by itself

looks like it makes you feel smart

:(

This entire series is the enigma that the characters encountered with the departure. How, after having so many questions and implicit meaning we perceived in the world and this show, do you continue living?

What's next?

It's basically that Kirk Cameron movie Left Behind, but with more niggers

No, they only added a family of black people and Jill gets blacked only because Lindelof broke the Zionist script in season 1.

Then Israel stepped in, changed the catholic art opening sequence, and added a black family.

Jill doesn't get black, mate.

*blacked

Why would Kevin be seen as a messiah?

His dad and others seemed disappointed and unsatisfied from what he did in the other world.

He should have sucked his twin's dick and swallowed the cum and then fucked him and filled his ass with hot sperm

The phone call saved her.

The Leftovers is the most overrated show since LOST.

The second they said that the scanner was set to his "unique biometrics" I knew it was the set up for another dick joke.

Anyone ever have a retrograde ejaculation? It's where you reach climax, but the semen goes back inside. This is something I experienced after starting antidepressant medication. I was prepared for delayed ejaculation, and sure enough it took a long time and much effort to reach orgasm, but eventually I got there, but it was a very muted sensation aside from the feeling of ejaculation without a real orgasm and when I looked down at my penis there was no visible ejaculation. This is retrograde ejaculation. A frustrating experience, without even having the build up of blue balls. This is the same experience as watching The Leftovers.

youtube.com/watch?v=XClvMMxBg1k

This song was featured in the pilot, kek.

If I were president they'd need a bigger scanner

this episode was oddly hilarious

The Kevins are the only good characters.

If anything it's underrated, reddit

>funny music starts

AV Club didn't like the Beach Boys needle drop during the big scene in the new episode.

What do you all think Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=EkPy18xW1j8

He has a boner, CYE music starts

who the fuck cares what they think?

Is his hand on a xerox machine in the painting? His official portrait is picking up his own printing?

i think the av club is a joke with hack writers

I only wanted to know what you all thought about using God Only Knows instead of the OST for such a big scene.

So what is the "afterlife" supposed to be about then?

Didn't Kevin already kill Patti there three different times?

Why a twin?

Is/was everything there a projection of Kevin's mind?

I'm starting to think that yeah, seems like everything in that world is based on Kevin's insecurities and experiences

Jokes on you. The show has always been garbage and that's why it's being canceled

yeah so John good news is I told your daughter you love her bad news is I nuked her and everyone else in the afterlife what can you do though right

>lindelof
>kino

I really don't fucking believe you

The way I see it... Is, that it never really mattered.. any of it.
Where were the shoes, letting Evie know she was loved, finding out the last song.. All irrelevant, the kids are gone, so is Evie, and whatever is gonna happen, will happen with or without the song... They are finally realizing that all of those things were mere reasons they made out to keep going, when all they really want is just for it to stop..

>So what is the "afterlife" supposed to be about then?
In Star Trek the Q Continuum is given a form visiting humans can perceive in relation to whats going on. Something like that, Kevin is visiting an afterlife colored by the world he comes from and his own perceptions of it.
>Didn't Kevin already kill Patti there three different times?
Yes, but it's already the afterlife. Patti said herself she was gone and came back just for him.
>Why a twin?
To provide Kevin with a means to work out his own issue. The key in his heart was his relationship with nora which both drew him back to the netherworld and then back home. In sorting his issues he blew the place up.
>Is/was everything there a projection of Kevin's mind?
No, he's literally dying every time and going somewhere else.

That wasn't the real evie though, no one in that world is the real person it's some kind of fucked up parallel doppelgänger universe

Yeah I think that entire world was Kevin's

He destroyed it because he wanted to stop going back there.

>posted from my iPhone 7

If the entire "afterlife" is a projection of Kevin's mind then it would make perfect sense for Kevin to see the kids there, but not know the answer to the shoe question. Same with Evie. There's nothing he can convey from these "people" since they are not really there, it's just his own personal afterlife vision.

why then is it only populated with the dead?

In the end, probably nothing will be explained. There is no explanation to why the people left. They won't come back. There is no explanation to what is happening to Kevin. It will be left ambiguous. In the end, I'm okay with that.

Because in that universe everyone that is dead is alive and vice versa. Like how the doppelgänger evie said her parents were the ones who died instead of her in the same way that the real evie died
It's like opposite day there

HOWEVER

he saw "God" well before anyone actually met him in the real world. He also saw the bird in the hotel without recognizing the significance.

fair point but Kevin nuking that entire universe for the sake of his own sanity is still pretty fucked up

By nuking the afterlife they're all going to come back to life now.

Certain aspects of the afterlife are "real".
"God" is real since it was established he survived improbably odds in the real world so he might be similar to Kevin in the sense that he can go back and forth between the afterlife and the real world.
But everyone else could simply be generated by Kevin.
Also I think the only people that show up there are ones that Kevin knows are dead.

>Also I think the only people that show up there are ones that Kevin knows are dead.
He didn't know the black dude that sent him there in the first place was dead.

Tbh I'm leaning more towards the notion that it's just all happening inside Kevin's head, rather than being some sort of afterlife or parallel universe.

He literally changes views when he looks into a "mirror", as if he's just confronted with another aspect of himself.

It's all just a big ruse. Lori never believed it because she could apply her therapist knowledge to all the delusional thoughts. Matt was snapped out of it when "God" basically told him it was all bullshit when he only snapped his fingers after promising a miracle.

The rest is only hoping for an afterlife, just to get the chance to communicate with their loved ones again. Jr. and Sr. only projected other peoples shit and it became a big circlejerk until now. Jr. knows it was just bullshit (besides gaining insights into his own state of mind) and Sr. know also knows it's bullshit. The rest will know it's bullshit now as well, since none of that shit turned out to be true.

That's my opinion tho.

Too bad it'll probably turn out to be a finale where Nora will travel to the afterlife through the machine and Kevin, just having realised he fucked things up with her will travel after her to try and get her back, which will take ages and Nora has already aged and it'll be like Interstellar.

Aye, I was thinking the same as the guy you replied to at first, mostly because Lori and Nora weren't there. But then I realised Lori probably just didn't kill herself and Nora hasn't used the machine yet.

Can anyone link me the previous threads for this episode? They are gone already.

>it's just all happening inside Kevin's head, rather than being some sort of afterlife or parallel universe.
Nah. He was buried the first time he went. He was shot the second. The third they held him under long enough for the farm to flood. Fourth time his father held him down, who believed for certain he had to be dead for it to work. Nigga's dying to get to the other place.

The only thread that matters is the one you're in now.

>no nora gf to share a bath with