What is like living in the border region?

What is like living in the border region?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aGCX--zomnk
youtube.com/watch?v=0gVIgl85wFM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chili_con_carne#Chili_verde
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I live in San Diego
It's nice here

Do you ever visit Tijuana? What do you think of the border wall that Trump wants to build?

I bet there are a lot of CHI boys there...

>Calexico and Mexicali are two variations on a portmanteau of California and Mexico, located next to each other on different sides of the border

Has this weirdness ever been properly explained?

youtube.com/watch?v=aGCX--zomnk
youtube.com/watch?v=0gVIgl85wFM

I lived in phoenix and have been to the border. Very nice mexican people there that sell stuff for cheap : )

I'm in tijuana
Lots of gringos at the airport.

Is Tijuana a tourist destination? What is there to do, there?

Cheap booze for people under 21, hookers, including underage ones, drugs etc. Tijuana is seen as a really seedy/sleazy place in the US.

They mostly come to take flights here, they're cheaper than flying straight from the US.

We even have a bridge that connects the airport to the US so they can come in and do their check in faster.

>tfw no CHI bf

I live just 20 minutes from the german border, a 1 liter wodka or Rum bottle is only €4,50 so it's goat.

lot of people that are hungarians/mixed, lot of double language signs, other than that not very different

Living on the Mexican border is hell.
Living on the Canadian border is comfy.

You don't have cheap alcohol in NL?

Why are there no big bi-national cities on the Canadian border?

Crossing daily for a pack of cheaper honey buns and clothing is a cool perk of it.

Is it quick to cross?

Depends, walking is quick, on car it's usually hours of sitting in traffic

its all mexicans so it doesnt matter

comfy songs

90% of Americans always go to the center of the city that is worse than Detroit. We don't know why you are obsessed with this zone it's too dangerous for us.
The place is run by central Americas and the worse Mexicans waiting for cross the border. When they are deported they only home is el centro/ la linea of the city
Tijuana is Zona rio, Otay, Playas, Chapultepec. Is the 3 most important Mexican city

>on car it's usually hours of sitting in traffic
Sure feels good not needing to go through checks to cross the border here

Are there many non-Mexicans besides Americans in Tijuana?

Centro Americans
Arabs
Chinese
Colombians and Panamians
Haitians
Cubans
There's a Russian guy in my work

Why are there Arabs, Colombians and Panamanians?

Are you a drug dealer?

Funny that I see this thread, I'm in Maastricht for the night, right in between Germany and Belgium. I saw an old border marker around the corner from where I'm staying.

your femmebot

Horrible

t. Formerly from Monterrey now San Antonio

Why?

There's Germans as well
Saw a French dude working at a cafe too

Not memeing.

>Naco

lots of cute mexican girls who like white guys

>El Paso, TX

El Paso is a Mexican city, get out whit*boi

Tijuana-fag here
It is decent as long as you don't live close to dangerous zones and you don't try to get any kind of relationship with the narco

From near Nogales
Mostly I remember waiting at train crossings for 30+ minutes while the border patrol stopped them to search for illegals
Occasionally saw them walking through the desert near home and there are signs that warn your about human trafficking
Also border patrol check points on every highway.

Every arab in latin america has descendants that become famous politicians and businesspeople

Juarezfag here

Eh it's w/e, I don't live in Anapra or Suroriente/poniente so life is comfy.

are those supposed to be the bad neighborhoods?

Is the movie Sicario an accurate representation of Juarez?

sonora's hot and empty
impressive tho

Texan here.
It kinda sucks, but not because of Mexicans.

Maybe a couple of years ago, now it's much safer than before.

What sucks about it?
What's impressive about it?

Mexicali is literally hell. As in 50°C

The fucking Indians. I can understand the Indians being frugal about shit, but Indians? I went to a JCPenneys and overheard this guy saying he makes 163K a year, pajeet looking mother fucker, and starts asking the sales clerk for discounts and coupons for his appliances.

No it isn't. Monterrey and Guadalajara are more important. Arguably Puebla and Cancun too.

How is that big enough that it affects your life? lol

They hold up lines at the grocery store, having a fuck ton of coupons.
They smell up the place, it all smells like shit and curry.
You can tell when an Indian's tried on the clothes you were thinking of trying on, it wrecks of them.
I can list more but then this would be going into Sup Forums territory.

>I can list more but then this would be going into Sup Forums territory.
Yeah, better shut up

sure thing paco

incredible, such a commentary would have been unthinkable on Sup Forums a mere year ago
lel fagot i bet you hate being bullied in an anonymous board.

fucking filth, i wish you all gtfod once and for all

Fuck off, you fucking Centraca spic

why is mexico so shit?
i bet someone hanged from those light posts once

Yeah

Anapra in particular is far away from the main city and it really shows (poor as fuck, lack of resources). Down south it's kind of sketchy, because it's mostly slums.

Not anymore, nah. Slacktivists still make those dumb "WE WANT [insert dissappeared person here] BACL!" protests though. My cousin (younger than me yet had a child) was leading one of those protests recently, it was so fucking embarrassing to see her on TV.

Don't listen to him, he's probably a butthurt oaxaqueño or chapaneco

What's wrong with wanting people who were kidnapped to be found?
>sucking up to the fucking centraca spic who regularly insults mexicans
LMAO matate ya

Used to visit McAllen, Laredo, and Brownsville a lot because I'm chi and family lives there (Brownsville has great bird watching). They were always decent the few times I stayed. Also, you can always tell when people are from Monterrey there desu.

Aren't those cities like the poorest in Texas?
>Also, you can always tell when people are from Monterrey there desu.
How come?

I've visited family in Brownsville before and its basically Mexico. Anything below San Antonio is Mexico really.

Because they don't care about the people who got kidnapped. It's just to push their agenda that the government is somehow "hiding something".

Everybody knows those people have been dead/gone for years. They're nothing more but a tool for slacktivists to pretend that they care what happens to people. It's sick.

I'm someone who was kidnapped and I wouldn't care if they used it to fuck over the government.

They dress very gaudy/fake rich, any other Mexicans dress like they just got off the ranch
Im , can confirm, I live in SA. San Antonio would be the same if it weren't for the whites from Austin moving here. The chis in Texas are usually pretty cool, but lately in SA they've started to become more uppity like Californian chis

Do people still speak Spanish there? Like for everyday things and stuff? Or just inside their houses? Or care about stuff happening in Mexico?

I love Tejanos. You expect to hear a Mexican accent but they sound like Mathew McConaughey. It's a mindfuck considering even the daca kids from where I'm from (Georgia) can't even talk right.

I'm guessing in my case you're referring to El Paso. In which case, yeah, a lot of people still speak Spanish there. There are some stuck up Mexican immigrants who pretend they only know English, but you can tell right away they're bullshitting you.

Actually, I linked your post by mistake. It was meant for .

If you ask most people they'll say something like "only to my grandma/grandpa" or "only at home". Still plenty of people 40+ that suck at English but their kids are perfect native speakers.

Hey to all the Mexicans here, do you guys have chile verde? Not as in like the salsa, the stew with tomatillos and poblano and pork. I've only ever been able to find it in West Texas so I assume it's just a New Mexican thing

I always wonder what the areas right next to the border are like on the US side. Has anyone been to Brownsville? What's that place like?

You mean this thing?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chili_con_carne#Chili_verde

If yes, then no, at least not Central Mexico where I'm from or I've never seen it.

This is Mexicans everywhere.
This happened to me tonight:
>mexican couple walk in the store, speaking spanish
>the guy asks me, "um where can i find thees?" holding up his phone with a picture of eye drops
>"seguirme"
>guy gives me a funny look, seeing i'm white
>i take him to the eye drops
>"esta alli"
>"i speak english, man." super heavy, barely understandable accent, sounds like "i speh engluh man"
>"algo mas?"
>"no, thank oo"
>"no hay de que"

Got so offended because I didn't feel like deciphering his shitty English and wasting time...

San Diego is a fucking shithole

Yeah, that's it. Guess it is just a new Mexican thing.
My white, blonde, blue eyed mom speaks fluent Spanish and cashiers are always so excited and surprised when she speaks. I think that guy was just being shitty desu

>Detroit

It's because she's a female. "Racism" doesn't happen nearly as frequently if there's a female involved

what

I've met faggots like that too during my visits to El Paso. It's just some awkward snobiness they acquire when they finally get residence or citizenship elsewhere (especially in the US). They suddenly feel superior to other Mexicans and refuse to speak Spanish or admit any sort of Mexican roots.

There's a saying that's very common here in Juarez: "Se le ve el nopal en la frente." It translates to "The prickly pear/nopal is visible on their foreheads." It basically means it's obvious someone is Mexican.

On a semi-related note, it seems that snobbiness is not just exclusive to Mexicans. Recently when me and my family were crossing the border the officer that reviewed our IDs was this very obviously Arab guy (dark skin, Arab last name on plaque, long beard, slight accent), yet he was taking forever to inspect our car and always looked at us weirdly (like if he disliked/feared us). It was bizarre seeing a walking stereotype treat me like the walking stereotype.

nice working class chicana gf factory

Who even makes these maps?

> buying 4.5€ vodka
> probably Rachmaninoff or some other poison

Are you tired of life user?

Are you white?

>>guy gives me a funny look, seeing i'm white

Oh, oops.
But anyway "seguirme" is not correct Spanish, so user was obviously just being a dick.

US census

why not? seguirme is like an order

Jose, you nigger scum are in the cheap jobs same as haitians

Dirty panamians are famous for being thieves and stupid lol