SUICIDE SQUAD

Amanda Waller decides to assemble the Suicide Squad on behalf of the United States government. Harley Quinn is arrested after Batman intervenes on a business deal between the Joker and a weapons dealer, Monster T, and ends up being recruited into the Suicide Squad alongside Deadshot, Boomerang, Killer Croc, El Diablo and Slipknot. Rick Flagg is assigned to lead them with Katana as his second-in-command.

Meanwhile, June Moon is possessed by the Enchantress and decides to revive her brother, the Incubus, and retrieve her heart, which is in Waller's possession. She attacks Midway City, filling it with monsters, and uses Monster T to host the Incubus. The Suicide Squad is sent to kill her, but end up being shot down by the Joker and his men, who want Harley back.

After they're shot down, Slipknot tries to escape and is killed by a bomb implanted on his neck. The team transverses the city fighting monsters, and ultimately fights the Incubus in a subway station, while the Enchantress captures Waller. Diablo sacrifices himself to destroy the Incubus, and the team goes to rescue Waller. They fight the Enchantress in an abandoned museum and Harley destroys the heart, exorcising the Enchantress.

Waller still locks everyone up, but the Joker later breaks into prison and rescues her. Movie ends with them locking eyes and smiling.

Screenings have been generally positive. Response to the Joker is mixed to positive. Criticism towards uninteresting Enchantress and sloppy third act, which is being reshot.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Suicide_Squad_members
youtube.com/watch?v=ZNzStDDh9QM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does Croc get to throw a rock at anyone?

How do you describe Katama, did you enjoy her in the movie?

Almost no lines.

>Harley with the joker confirmed
That's all I needed to hear

This sounds a big like the much longer leak from a long time ago. The big differences were that there was a scene with Joker running a club between their raid on Enchantress and the group being started, and Rick killing himself and Enchantress with the Soultaker.

The other guy also said that Slipknot dies because Boomerang talks him into testing the bomb, and that he has to be talked into saving the world by the team.

Is Katana Batman's spy?

Where is Batfleck in all this

No.

Batman appears twice: Chasing the Joker and saving Harley, confronting Waller and when Deadshot's son is shot dead.

Why do I have the feeling there's gonna be another hashtag war about wether Harley should love Joker or not

Why doesn't Batfleck just kill every bad guy with his bat gatling and bat missiles

Task-Force X is created in the 1940's, to use war criminals in suicide missions in exchange for reduced sentences. The team is led by Rick Flagg, who dies along with his men in a mission gone wrong, and the project is buried.

In present day, A.R.G.U.S. operative Amanda Waller decides to revive the program, using superhuman criminals that are emerging across the world to handle extraordinary threats. The military agree to support her, and she selects Flagg's son, Rick Flagg Jr., to lead the team.

The recruits are Deadshot, Boomerang, Killer Croc, El Diablo and Slipknot, who are all transferred from other prisons to Belle Reve. Harley Quinn is the last of Waller's list to be captured, after the Joker ditches her during a chase with Batman (which opens the movie, by the way).

They all accept the job, get their tracking bombs implanted on their necks, and meet their support team, the Bravo 17 Navy Seal team led by Scott Eastwood's character, Tom Tresser. Their first mission is to retrieve some stolen Kryptonian technology from the Battle of Metropolis from weapons dealers. Katana joins the team as Flagg's bodyguard.

Meanwhile, Waller employs Flagg's girlfriend, June Moon, an archaeologist, to investigate strange occurances that Waller believes might be connected to extraterrestrial activity on Earth. It leads her to ancient tombs, where she awakens and is possessed by the Enchantress, experience a string of SPOOPY STUFF before becoming a full-blown witch.

While June is going evil, the Squad "graduates" to official sanctions after their succesful test run and goes on a bunch of mission, leading up to retrieving chemical weapons acquired by the Joker. There's a big shootout at the Joker's nightclub (he's much more of a mobster in this) which leads to Joker finding out Harley Quinn is with the Squad. He then decides to get her back.

Intercut with this we have flashbacks of Harley meeting Joker, kidnapping and torturing her, turning her into his girl, them doing crimes together, and ultimately the murder of Jason Todd, which sours Harley on the Joker big time.

Eventually, Enchantress goes haywire and besieges Midway City with magic stuff. The Squad is sent on a mission to bring her back, and the Joker and his gang also go there to get Harley back.

It becomes kind of a Escape From New York-esque thing with the Squad downed, transversing the city by foot while evading monsters and Joker and his thugs, trying to reach the subway station where Enchantress is nested. Along the way we find out her plan is to find a suitable host for her "brother", the Incubus, and destroy the world.

Slipknot gets killed by Waller when he tries to defect, Diablo sacrifices himself to save the team from monsters, Katana turns out to be Batman's spy, and Waller eventually orders the group to stand down, but they decide to go forward and be the heroes for once. Harley gets a chance to get back with the Joker, but doesn't take it because "it's not funny anymore", and ultimately the Joker becomes Incubus' host and begins wreaking shit.

Deadshot, Harley, Boomerang, Croc and Katana hold off the Joker while Rick sacrifices together to kill June with Katana's soultaker, which severs the Incubus' tether to the Joker and exorcises it and the other monsters in Midway.

Deadshot fakes his death and goes back to his daughter, while Harley and Croc let themselves be recaptured. Boomerang tries to run, but Waller finds him and forces him back. She decides to add Joker and Tattooed Man to the roster, but Batman visits her and tells her no way. They have the "rich boy" exchange, and Waller reveals that she knows Katana is Batman's spy, but is willing to let him have a liaison on the team. The Joker gets sent back to Arkham, and Tresser is put in charge of the Squad with Boomer, Harley, Croc and Tattooed Man.

Random stuff

-----------------

Croc is an old associate of the Joker and is mostly comic relief.

You get both Abel Tarrant and Mark Richards as the Tattooed Men, Tarrant is a dick and dies, Richards (played by Common) is less of a dick and lives.

Harley/Deadshot is teased, but doesn't go beyond a kiss.

Katana barely speaks.[/spoiler

Slipknot is lame.

El Diablo is cool.

The Joker flip flops between genuinely good and edgy as fuck.

Enchantress and Incubus are alright and do create some spooky stuff.

Boomerang - He only uses the boomeranges at about three times, but it's great every time. Also, he adamantly refuses to actually risk is neck to save the world in the end like the others genuinely want to do because they're not that bad deep down, he only agrees because Deadshot convinces him it'd be a giant middle finger to Waller.

He took them out. No l onger edgy.

'Cause there will be one. HarleyxJoker is a trigger ship for Twitter and social media in general.

And yet it also happens to be one of the most popular ships, considering the overwhelming victory in those Valentine charts

>Screenings have been generally positive.

confirmed for blunder

Well locigcly she shouldent but as a character she should.

There are going to be retarded complaints about the way the joker treats her of course

>son
I thought he had a daughtrr?

That's because Harley/Ivy wasn't in it

It"s popular and problematic. If Ayer & WB keep their relationship as true to the comics (with all the abuse and forgiveness) then I can see them being trending for a while.

Which gives me opportunity to push HarleyxIvy hard

Not OP, but I think he has both.

>HarleyXIvy

No

And you're deluding yourself if you think that pairing is THAT popular, i don't think the mainstream public even acknowledges it

Second Batman scene is a flashback where he arrests Deadshot, who is taking merc contracts to pay for his daughters operation. Batman has been investigating Deadshot for a while, he manages to finally corner him when he takes a risky contract to take out a high member of the Falcone family. Deadshot has a begrudging respect for Batman, turns himself in after Batman disables his gun from a distance. Batman knows that Deadshot is a skilled soldier, wants to know why he is doing what he's doing, mentions daughter is facing life in a wheelchair if he doesn't raise funds for an operation. Batman anonymously leaves money with Deadshots wife on the condition that Deadshot co-operates with Blackgate officials and doesn't try to escape, something Deadshot agrees

>none of the preview screenings revealed Scott Eastwoods character
Boooo

He's just some soldier in Flagg's unit. Nobody of consequence.

Was Batman played by ben affleck ?

YES

The casual public knows about them. They are like the second most popular DC ship, or atleast in the Top 10

Like this? Fucking neat.
Boomerang is going to steal the show.

at least i can finally use this.

Apparently he's underused.

Yeah, they're obviously setting that up.

I've read he throws a boomerang only 3 times? This is supposedly supported by the fact that those costume displays had exactly 3 boomerangs

Pfft, should have gone with the pedo

You're still wrong. It makes even less sense to have her NOT be bamham's spy

I noticed this too. And all of them are different, which fits the "every time is awesome" thing

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Suicide_Squad_members

wishlist for future Skwad movies?

>Joker later breaks into prison and rescues her. Movie ends with them locking eyes and smiling.
i didn't expect anything else but i'm still disappointed

Source fagget

Wow that's straightforward and fucking dull and worst couple confirmed if true.

Nah, maybe he only uses it 3 times for money shots.
I bet he'll use more, like, while Harley and Deadshot wrecks some shit in the scene he'll be kickin ass too, but behind them.
I mean, the son of a bitch had at least 10 boomerangs with him.
I count 4 in his coat, one strapped to his leg, 2 on his boomer-holsters and a few more under his jacket.

>Killer Frost
>King Shark
>Cheetah
>Black Manta

Bullshit.

Forgot to say, he has only 2 special boomerangs, the other ones must be regular boomerangs.

>C4-rang
>Knife-rang
>Regular-rangs

Why is Croc one of the shortest on the team?
Why is Deadshot Will Smith?
Why doesn't Harley have an accent?
Why does Boomer look like he's going to be the best part of the movie?

So is Deadshot if that synopsis is true.

>ever thinking boomer wouldn't be best

are you gay

What are you talking about? Harley/Deadshot isn't even mentioned. In fact, best couple confirmed.

>Why is Croc one of the shortest on the team?

nigga, that nigga be tall

Do you honestly believe that NOBODY knows Harley's lesbian lover?. Just search through social media or DC twitter during Valentines Day and you'll see that HarleyxIvy is one of the most requested.

As soon as that crew pic had been revealed, I thought to myself "Boomer's going to be the best character".
Never stopped Boomerposting since that.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNzStDDh9QM

>and when Deadshot's son is shot dead.
POETRY

What about Fixed Joker?

>different makeup
>no grills
>no tattoos

>pointy lipstick like Romero's

That's why bombshell sells so well lmao

Yeah, as a reaction to the popularity of the classic Harley and Joker couple, because tumblrinas and nu-males got triggered that DC didn't include it among the "official" pairings

When was HarleyXIvy ever popular? They started being friends on the cartoon, obviously, but other than that? You think normies were passionate, or even noticed, the Timm cheesecake stories? The most currently mainstream Batman product, the Arkham games, acknowledge the history between them every now and then but barely plays on it. Even in the current comics Harley is more behind boys than Ivy, with that Bombshells story being an exception

Nothing says joker like dismantled piano keys.

Also, there seems to be a lot more white keys than there should be.

Are those piano keys in the second circle after the knives?

Because that scene looks like something an actual crazy person would do, not just comic book crazy.

So he's just sticking to the branding, then?

What does Bombshells have to do with all of this?

Man they've been popular since their creation, it has nothing to do with tumblrinas or nu-males. It just their friendship is just appealing to a lot of people.

People really got interested that's why they got some episodes based on them during the DCAU. That's why DC put their friendship in the comics, I am not saying that they are THE couple, just that normies known about them. Just see everytime Harley is mentioned Ivy is sure to follow.

>Painted a goatee on himself to mock Will Smith
best Joker confirmed

Yes, as friends with some kinky moments they're known and liked, but as a fully-functional and honest lesbian couple? That's another beast

That's what I've saying.

I've been*

I like the idea of the Joker spending like 4 hours setting all this up.

Why does it always seem like positive screenings mean nothing? The Fant4stick screenings were supposed to be "generally positive" too.

Because the people who got into it have to say goid things so that they can keep that priviledge

So says the Ghostbusters ones. Also Apocalypse said they were great.

Depends, often it's because the people attending at these screens are over-hyped fans, so they're already excited and happy just to be there at all. Other times it's producers just congratulating themselves. Basically one should try understand who watched exactly what

>So says the Ghostbusters ones
I've read that they were kinda negative? Might be wrong

>It just their friendship is just appealing to a lot of people.

In the first episode that they were together, Ivy was trying to get Harley to see how bad the Joker is for her and she was trying to rescue. The idea of rescuing a broken person seems to appeal to a lot of people. It's part of the reason that characters like Loki or Prince Zuko are popular - people want to see the redemption arc.

No, you've been saying that most people want them as a couple

So? What's wrong with it? Sorry, I don't see your point

>Joker later breaks into prison and rescues her. Movie ends with them locking eyes and smiling.
Why is Ayer such a faggot?

Penguin
Captain Boomerang
Deadshot
Poison Ivy
Black Manta
Solomon Grundy

>he literally spent the entire afternoon arranging this just so he can lie down in the middle
C-Cute

Nope. I've been saying that most people know about them, which is the reason why this discussion happened. I also said that if given the chance of HarleyxJoker triggering people and becoming trending in Twitter I've push the HarleyxIvy ship. In no post I said that people wanted them to be a couple

WB ashamed of bomerang

If this is true then fuck you this sucks.

Shippers are so deluded. Capeshit director's don't give a rat's fart about your jerk-off fantasies.

>Knife-rang
>Regular-rangs
whats the difference?

My Hallowe'en costume is so sorted.

1) You're an autist.
2) You're an autist.
3) You're an autist.
4) You're goddamn right.

Sure, I get it. This is the first time the casuals will be introduced to Harley and Joker and making their relationship an on again off again thing works for this movie. But why, why on God's Earth, is Ayer trying to make Joker the one who's chasing after her?

One is very, very lethal

> Everyone you expect to die, dies
> Everyone you expect to live, lives

Of course

Joker's been tsundere for Harl since her inception. Treats her like garbage's failed abortion took a dump while she's there, but misses her when she's gone.
And also because that's classic abuser behaviour.

>another irrelevant Asian waifu
Golden.

>This is the first time the casuals will be introduced to Harley and Joker
But casuals know about them, mostly because of the cartoon and games

>But why, why on God's Earth, is Ayer trying to make Joker the one who's chasing after her?

How can something so irredeemably white-trash be so pretty?

Yeah, I meant on the big screen.

And yeah, I know he treats her as his possession, but it would be much better and truer to the characters if Harley's the one who shows up to break Joker out and not the other way around. Would've been a nice callback to Mad Love even.

ikr
I miss the classic costume, of course, but this is more interesting than a generic black and red corset that pretends to look classic

I see what you mean. Maybe it's because it better fits the narrative? If Harley is forced to go around working for Waller when would she find the time to stop and go save her husbando, unpunished? Plus i'm gonna guess for most of the movie Harley plays "hard to get" with mistah J only to eventually give up to his affections, and that's also Mad Love-ish

>Puddin Freaky Style(?)
I have no clue what this is supposed to mean

>Hush little baby, don’t say a world. Momma’s gonna kill for you the whole damn world.

they're going down the JxHQ path HARD.

>sloppy and lackluster third act
Well, as expected from Ayer, dude always fucked up the third act.

Dammit

>Poison Ivy
>Deathstroke
>Bane
I'm having amental boner with this.
This is shit but I want Black Manta, Bronze Tiger, Carol Ferris and Cyborg Superman on this.

>monogamy
>heterosexuality
DC and WB really are a bunch of pussies