Rotten Tomatoes shutdown when...

Rotten Tomatoes shutdown when? Enough people in Hollywood are pissed off now seeing the fate of their films decided by the whims of fat Internet bloggers.

Maybe don't invite those bloggers to their special marketing events?

marketing > review scores

Not really. Maybe for pre-RT franchises, but for new franchises, getting destroyed by critics in the age of social media is basically financial suicide.

>owned by Comcast

The answer is "never."

I'm sure both those films were legitimately bad
But then again so was civil war and that got good reviews

I guess what I'm saying . Film criticism is dead
Most """""critics""""" are qualified to give their opinions on Cinema

Might as well just end critic screening anyways

>bloggers

Why are bloggers in allowed on RT?

If that were true BvS and Suicide Squad wouldn't have made as much money as they did.

Most people don't pay much attention to RT, especially foreign audiences.

BvS projections were lowered due to critics. Same way Wonder Woman projections are now increased based on what appears to be good reviews. It definitely impacts them, especially in the 18-30 male demographic that is Internet-savvy. It's not 2005 anymore. Everyone is online these days.

>muh focus group test scores
Rotten Tomatoes is just an aggregate site. It just takes reviews and decides if they are good or bad.

Yeah, dumb movies used to be critic proof, but they also used to be entertaining, not modern cardboard PC garbage. And the acting and craft that went into them was better. Even cheesy low budget 80s movies have more soul and craft than the average modern megablockbuster. Fucking retards blaming critics...

>critics don't like the focus tested garbage we shit out
>clearly critics are the problem and not the focus tests
lel

But audiences now just check the score, they don't even care to read the reviews

The problem is normie faggots who visit RT and take the word of a bunch of pretentious cunts as gospel. That site has literally always been cancer, because any faggot with a computer and MS word can write an opinion piece as if they know what the fuck they're talking about, which they don't, because everything is subjective.

I'm surprised they didn't cancel advance screenings for critics years ago.

I'm pretty sure the impact bad reviews have is far bigger than good reviews making people want to see a movie these days. That's what trailers are for.

>Deciding to see a movie based solely on an opinion of someone you don't know

RT shouldn't be shut down just because audiences are retarded

>Baywatch is for general audiences
>Rated R

Fucking pick one

Actually that would be a good indicator it should be. If people can't use it properly, they shouldn't use it at all.

>critics don't like the focus tested garbage we shit out
If they would atleast be consistent about that.

Lol no, the quality of art is only partly subjective. A lot of it is objective.

>he thinks of himself as a film connoisseur but can't judge different films based on different criteria and basis for comparison
>also can't look at the average score

You said critics don't like focus tested garbage.

Marvel films are the epitome of focus tested garbage that critics should be taking royal dumps on but aren't. I'd prefer any Pirates film over MCU.

cause whoever does it first is gonna be unpopular. bethesda has done it in video game land and they're taking the brunt of it.

Disney buying reviews has nothing to do with focus tests being cancer

Their websites must have had enough hits to be considered for inclusion. The independent critics on their own websites make me scratch my head.

just use the audience score

There's a difference between "they shouldn't use it" and "it should be shut down so no one can use it" - the first one is reasonable and the second is asinine.

Both of those films are shit, so why do you care? Most of the general audience has no taste anyway

Some fat fucking, self loathing, blue haired cow of a female that's pissed off at the world and wants to "fight the patriarchy" in the entertainment industry is not a fucking "critic". Neither is the limp-wristed faggot nu-male man children that prop up cape shit and deride anything with even the most remote scent of testosterone.

I generally do agree with audience scores a lot more.

Who are these imaginary numales you speak of? Most guys who like capeshit would also like real action movies if Hollywood started actually making them again.

And not just one source. RT. Cinemascore. IMDB. You need to cast a wide net to get a real feel for how people feel about the movie.

>especially foreign audiences.

Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.

Stop making things up. Rotten Tomatoes has become the norm for any movie goer anywhere in the globe.

Reminds me of Warcraft. Destroyed by critics, loved by fans. I thought it was decent enough. Better than Marvelshit atleast.

reviews for tools/cars/best chicken to buy make sense but for movies you have to at least watch the 1st half to get a feel for them,anyone who actually pays money on the advice of some faggot online is a sheep.

I'm not convinced that one was loved by fans

You probably didn't watch it. I didn't either, I don't know if it's good or not, but I'd be willing to bet that you didn't.

In today's day and age critics are completely obsolete.

You can pull up a trailer or promo shit in second on youtube and google and get the general idea if the movie is worth your time.

As for a "fair" score I think imdb comes the closest. Apart from a few outliers I never had an issue with the score there.

Yes, but a review that says a movie is "good, but predictable" would be listed as rotten, lowering the overall score but for no particular reason.

>getting tricked into watching really, really bad movies because fanboys over the internet will be gaming the score system because they can't admit their shit is wack

Nope, I ain't gonna go watch the latest DC fuckup or warcraft.

The movie is horrible, that wizard doesn't even feel he's part of the background or setting he's in.

the orcs were, and ben foster was good and the scnee where guldan breathed life into the still born orc after life drain was fucking gamekino.

But Gone Girl is a shitty movie

be real you fucking whiny nigger, the show will be shit don't lie to yourself so you can "win" arguments on the internet, you are fucking pathetic

>loved by fans
I doubt it. Loved by the Chinese, maybe. All of the human scenes without Medivh were fucking awful, and Garona was especially terrible.

CGI was pretty nice, and the magic actually seemed well done though.

no one cares about your opinion you pizza faced wow playing nerd

It's unfortunate that we live in a time where retards are on their phone are fed opinions from social media and sites like Rotten Tomatoes.

I gave up on RT a long time ago. After seeing a few movies based on their positive percentages and hating them, I realized that it's best to either find an individual critic(s) you can trust, or just take the jump and risk your money on a ticket.

lol welcome to video games Sup Forums, enjoy the horror of day 0 review embargos and paid shills begging for access from their cheeto encrusted blogs.

You understand that the percentages are merely a reflection of how many critics gave it a passing/favorable score, right? That's it. Even if 100% of critics say it's passable that doesn't mean it's a good movie. You need to take the further step of reading the actual reviews and not stopping at the aggregate score. Retard.

>Most people don't pay much attention to RT, especially foreign audiences

Sup Forums being wrong as fuck, as usual. I hate you retards.

>In today's day and age critics are completely obsolete.

Obviously not since Pirates 5 underperformed and Baywatch tanked due to reviews, and movies like Get Out, Split and Guardians 2 doing very well because of them.

Do you make a hobby out of being stupid?

t. beta numale capeshit fan

Critics are actually REASONABLY good at matching how much the general public likes something too tho.
If movies keep testing well and doing poorly after release because critics dislike them and there's poor word of mouth, then the problem is with the test audiences.

the audience score is always positive because they watch what they want, might as well use the imdb top 250 as the universal guide for cinema

>ironical has anti-white people and pro black name
>Make out black look like hypocrites and whiny faggots

go back to school retard

I applaud them for doing it though.
I enjoy hearing the screeching and wailing of youtubers and other gaming media not being able to get advanced copies so they can get those precious views and site traffic.
Fallout 4 was warm garbage, but other than that, Bethesdas had a pretty great track record.

Just make it tougher on who can review movies.
If you've ever read the guidelines, it is so simple to become a critic for RT.

this, test audiences are notoriously idiotic.

Yeah, from irrelevant video games "journalists".
The new video game reviewers are the people on twitch and youtube who actually play them.

Just go see the fucking thing if you saw the trailer or know the talent involved in the movie.
And if you saw a bad movie, then you saw a bad movie.

>let's cherrypick who gets to review our movies first so that we have better aggregate scores before the opening weekend :)

Jew logic

>it is so simple to become a critic for RT.
You have to had been reviewing for 5 years minimum and get a certain amount of traffic on your platform, and you have to be a registered critic, which is already hard enough to do on it's own.

>And if you saw a bad movie, then you saw a bad movie.

Seems to me you love to waste your time, most people really don't

Not everyone has money to waste ($20 for a ticket in the most of the country) or a poor currency, pablo

There isn't a single ounce of self-awareness in this post because it seems you have no fucking idea where you are.

Ah let me guess, le everyone who posts on Sup Forums is a neet with nothing to do yeah?

after the abomination that was dear white people and ghost busters
rotten tomatos is finished
they are promoting trash to further their social agenda, and shitting on solid popcorn movies because it subtracts from their narrative

It seems I struck a nerve.

>trying to prove you have a life
>on Sup Forums
Yikes.

This kills the review site.

>BLACK HATE BLACKS
>black in power are corrupt
>blacks are whiny
>blacks trying to act as if blackens sis everything.
>black hold black face party

Most foreign audiences obviously do not look at RT or are even remotely aware of its existence. Do you think some Chinese guy is going to quickly pop onto an English-language review site before going to his local cinema?

more like
marketing = review scores

I'm struggling to think of any movie that spent $300M on marketing and got below 75%. There may be an outlier or two but the fact is that high marketing costs all but guarantee good reviews

Television criticism is a complete joke on the level of Video games or comic books.

>b+ for Stranger Tides
I really love the series and 5 deserved A- but Stranger Tides is hardly even a C.

Though the idea that critics have any impact on popular movies is retarded either way. FF or Transformers are making mad cash.

BvS and Suicide Squad still made crazy amount of money despite being shit and rated as shit. It can matter for something that barely got any marketing like WW but for bigger names it's irrelevant.

The fans were desperate for it after all the waiting. I don't recall anyone actually liking it. Besides the idiots took the most boring story for the plot. Should've just went with Arthas.

Pick any Pirates movie.

>Yes, but a review that says a movie is "good, but predictable" would be listed as rotten, lowering the overall score but for no particular reason.
That is exactly wrong. So it appears you have no idea what a tomato score is.

>A Disney film going Rotten

So I guess they don't pay for reviews after all?

Which is so much worse. There are people who rated capeshit movies 90% on their own free will.

I know right? Doctor Strange totally deserved a higher score than Gladiator, they totally didn't buy the praise

it's the prevailing "just turn off your brain bro ahahhahaha pass the spliff" culture

Nothing wrong with a simple fun movie but they aren't even that. Marvel movies are like high quality commercials, not bad enough to turn away but absolutely empty beyond wanting to sell you the next one.

Another user mentioned Gladiator, it's a dumb movie to turn off your brain too but it's also legitimately well made and lasts for longer than 5min in your mind.

>There are people who rated capeshit movies 90% on their own free will.
>t. I don't understand how the Tomatometer works

I can still quote Gladiator and I haven't seen it in years. All I can remember from Doctor Strange is "I've come to bargain" and some shit about Beyonce

s-s-stop making decision b-b-b-based on other people opininos! Instead y-y-ou should go in blind and give us money! Rottent Tomatoes is ruining industry(for big studios that just want your money)

hello disney shill, that stutterposting was embarrassing please refrain from doing it in the future

I've never one single time in my entire life cared to look at what RT says about anything.

>Guardians 2
>Because of
>Not in spite of

A shit ton of critics keep whining because an actual fun comic movie came out after they've been asking for more fun instead of serious. Also Get Out was shit.

I'm about halfway through the show and it really isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It's actually pretty clever. This is coming from someone who hates SJWs and voted for Trump btw.

Nobody cares about how much the boogeyman scares you.

t. Hilary voter

>I'm struggling to think of any movie that spent $300M on marketing and got below 75%.
The Pirates franchise, Transformers, Beauty and the Beast, the entire DCEU, etc.

Gladiator wasn't a good movie. It was another Ridley Scott hackfest.

In what way is 82% a bad score? Why are you faggots so hyperbolic?

>Get Out was shit
m-muh white pride. Go fuck your sister Cletus.

So the films are correctly labelled as successful entrainment and critically shit.
Whats the problem?

You know how there's always shit being thrown onto studios for making films by committee?
RT is basically reviewing by committee, in the sense that it quantifies based on the aggregate scores on something that's more or less arbitrary.

Reading reviews used to mean something--at least people actually read them or didn't let one or two critics make up their opinion for them. Because of RT, it's easier than ever to tell you what a film's "objective" quality is. I mean, shit, even reviews themselves don't matter, but all of them considered as a whole, something which is further complicated by the fact that virtually "critic's" take is taken into consideration.

If you ever look into the vast majority of these reviews, they're basically soap-boxes or read plainly like someone's opinion--NOT insightful criticism (I get not everybody can be fucking Pauline Kael or someone, but half of the reviews I've read from RT recently could've been written by people who aren't even interested in movies, let alone film criticism as a discipline).

The fact that when I look up a movie on my fucking phone of all things and see a movie's RT score and box-office numbers bothers me to no end. As if the entire value of a movie was just based on those two things.

The shill defending Dr Strange calling other films shit.

Oh I'm dying here.

This is the tragic end result of it all.

An artistic medium reduced into objective numbers. In itself an anti-artistic thing. It's awful and anyone that defends this is "number-rated method" of film criticism doesn't understand film.

MPAA is shit and USA is eating it.

It was a good movie. Doctor Strange on the other hand will be one of the movies studied in textbooks in the future showing how culturally and artistically dead this decade has been

Besides being pure shit too