REBIRTH SUPERMAN’s New Status Quo - HE SUPER-DAD and BATDAD SUCKS NOW:

REBIRTH SUPERMAN’s New Status Quo - HE SUPER-DAD and BATDAD SUCKS NOW:
Nrama: Yeah, reading the first issue, it struck me how natural it felt for Superman to be someone's dad — he already almost feels that way. It's striking, and very different from the way Batman came across as a father. With Superman, it feels much more natural. With Batman, not so much.
Superman: Rebirth #1 preview
[Pin It] CREDIT: DC Comics
View full size image

Tomasi: Right! And that's where a lot of conflict came from. But with Clark and Jonathan, in the story coming up — the first arc — there are a lot of questions, there's still a lot of conflict about what do you allow a boy to be involved with? What do you allow yourself as a father to be involved with, in regards to safety and concerns and secrecy and privacy, and how it affects not just you, but your family? :
newsarama.com/29499-rebirth-s-superman-to-explore-father-son-dynamic.html

>
Great interview can't wait for Superman Rebirth and Superman coming out soon for DC Rebirth

Will Superdad be best dad Sup Forums?

Things would be different around here if Superman where my dad

I can't wait for Jon to meet Damian

>Hey sport! Pull my finger!

I'm so happy they finally made this a thing. Superman being a dad is the most natural thing in the world, honestly. I groused for a lot of years that Batman was a dad and Superman wasn't.

I'm also really happy Clark is married to Lois again. Things are looking up for Superman.

>Gleason on art
>Co-writing with Tomasi
>Post-crisis Supes
>Superdad
Is Sup Forums ready for the best Superbook since ASS? Because I sure as hell am.

It will be interesting to see what Superman title sales will be a year from now.Damian fans Don't buy batbooks :D now.

Yes Batman sucks:D

. I look forward to the new story line. Sorry 52 Superman had to die but it makes for a good story and Glad pre-52 Superman is back.

>That's another reason I like doing this type of Superman story, because you can look at him from multiple angles. A kid can pick this up and enjoy it, parents could pick it up and enjoy it, and just anyone who enjoys Superman could pick it up and enjoy it.

>That's another thing we talk about too — that Superman is for everyone. We want a story that anyone can pick up and give to their friends or the family — to anyone who likes reading a good comic book.

It's like a dream.

>HE SUPER-DAD and BATDAD SUCKS NOW:
I'm loving everything I've been hearing.
Scott Snyder's run on Batman the young fans hate him..he kills Bat!dad.

Young hothead superman was fun, and Pak definitely proved that it could work. But I really missed the older, more fatherly Superman, especially now that he's a literal father.

Patrick Gleason: Quite a bit. But it's also a place for new readers to come on board and be re-introduced to Superman. And having his son there is actually a good way for us to go look at Superman, because through his eyes, through Jon's eyes, a new reader can look at Superman from a new angle.

That's how I've been looking at Jon's role in the book.The first arc is about Superman stepping into this new life and this new role, and his family going along with him, and what that does to them, and how they see him. And Superman is still figuring out how he's supposed to fit into the world while at the same time taking care of his family.

Kek. Tomasi is mediocre and Gleason and Mahnke can't save this title. Tomasi's understanding of Superman is literally making Superman hit someone really hard. Although that's like 80% of post crisis writers but Tomasi isn't even good at that.
Hey it's Sup Forums's favorite shitposter.

Pissing matches aside, Superdad and Batdad carting the kids around on adventures is going to be hilarious

>The first arc is about Superman stepping into this new life and this new role, and his family going along with him,
SUPER-DAD rebirth:I love my son!
BATMAN rebirth; Damian ? who?

Lois marriage was always bad but I'm cool with super dad

I don't get why DC doesn't do "lost tales" which they used to do in the past. For example "lost tale of superman in college where he met a mermaid". Basically every superboy story was a "lost tale".
Not every story has take place in the "now"

I'd like to see more pre-marriage superman tales where spends the issue tricking Lois into not wanting to marry him . Now those were good comics

>Hey it's Sup Forums's favorite shitposter.
scott snyder is Butthurt:D

I honestly think Super Sons might be my most anticipated Rebirth book.

me too!!

Tomasi is hit and miss and Gleason is a mediocre writer but when they wrote B&R together they put out good stuff.
I'm optimistic.

>I'd like to see more pre-marriage superman tales where spends the issue tricking Lois into not wanting to marry him . Now those were good comics

Good Lord, how old are you?

:D:D:^)

Tomasi writing Superdad after how he did Damien/Bruceis probably the only saving grace. Now only if they get rid of Jurgens.

You don't even know who'll write it.

No reason to be. Tomasi is editorial sheep.

And if they play towards family angle, it'll be more hit than miss since he did well with the father-son dynamic in Batman & Robin.

Why superboy looks like a gril?

He writes good father-son dynamics because he is a Dad.

never been much into cape-shit but this looks like good shota-con

He's got the red undies doesn't he

Nope.

>No reason to be
I literally just told you my reasons.

all the better to sexualize him, duh

>Co-writing with Tomasi
He's not co-writing. That was a mistake.

I will not buy the badbooks without Damian .I hate trump Batman . superman nedds to adopt damian and dick.

>Post-crisis Supes
>implying that's a good thing

Making Superman a dad is probably the best decision DC has made with the character in a while.

>most anticipated book
>edited by Berganza
>no creative team
You've got some incredible shit taste.

>Tomasi
>being ridden by Berganza
>Being second fiddle to Jurgens
And I just showed you error in your ways.

>?
Silver, Bronze, Golden age Superman comics were bette rthan Post-Crisis SUperman comics

Aw man, the more I read these previews, the more I want to get all of the new series following Rebirth. My wallet can't handle it...

k den.
To each their own I guess.

I love how transparent these posts are.

Spot the oldfag.

I am excited and curious about the new Sups series.

I am already sensing that pre-New52 Superman is more inspirational and heroic than New52 Superman.

Then why do they keep obscuring where they would be on these covers?

All em and literally 17 tbqhwyf

Yeah, I agree. I enjoyed Batman & Robin more than the main book and am hyped for what they plan for this whole Superdad thing,

How do we know it's edited by Berganza?

That misses the fact that Tomasi is Johns pointman in the Superbooks and that Berganza has a long history of working with Johns.

Literally kill yourself.

>no more Superbeard

dropped

Idk. This is how he'll look like.

When New52 Superman comes back, he'll have the undies. I hope.

It's a SUperman family book. And he's the group editor.

Nostalgiafags are a cancer. I bet you're happy Grayson is back in blue again. Go fuck yourself with barbed wires.

Not looking forward to the main Batman books. Hopefully Supersons and New Super-Man are good.

Really looking forward to Superdad!

>there are people who read superman comics in the 1940s posting on my hip Sup Forums

Berganza has long history of fucking it up. That motherfucker edged Johns out of new Krypton which was the idea Johns brought to the table and was building towards since day one.

Action Comics seems to be about Superman and his world and Superman is about Superman and his son: Bruce has a book with his son ?

You know comics don't cease to exist after a certain time period. I wasn't alive in the 60s and can still read silver Age superman

no :( Scott Snyder says no.

>It's a SUperman family book.

American Alien and Unchained were both Superman projects and they had special non-Superman editors assigned to them. It depends on the status of the writer for the project.

I don't think so.

Samefag probably.

Scott Snyder pls: Butthurt ? :D

For the last time that wasn't Berganza. That was Matt Idelson. Berganza had left during Infinite Crisis/OYL. Idelson is pretty much responsible for every problem on the Superbooks from OYL all the way towards Nu52.

Damn those covers are too good

You know I'm curious how the batman/superman relationship is going to go. All things considered they actually had a pretty good friendship in 52 so for batman I don't know how he's going to take losing one of his closest friends only for him to be replaced by someone claiming to be an older different version of him.

Read Trinity to find out.

Whoa, the edge.

If Nu52 Superman is Kal-L, you can take it in context of that moment in IC where he does that whole NOT MUH BATMAN thing and has them come to an understanding of each other.

>mfw I see a kid cosplay as Jon Kent Superboy for the first time

all fags are cancer

Idk how I feel about superdad. It just makes no sense to me how an alien and a human can have babies together. Even if superman loses his powers, he's still an alien right?

I think they did superdad perfectly in Last Son. I always thought that it was more emotional if Lois and Clark couldn't have children due to his being an alien. And they wouldn't adopt a child because it wouldn't be fair to that child. To deprive them of a normal childhood by adopting him and burdening him with the superhero world. And Clark couldn't be there for this adopted child if he's out being superman etc. I feel like Clark would think it's selfish and irresponsible to adopt a human child from like an adoption agency, as stupid as that sounds.

But then comes Chris Kent from the sky, and now Clark has to be the adopted father for this child like Pa Kent was to him. A lot of mirroring there and shit. And the kid is already kryptonian so it's like an absolute dream come true for Clark.

Idk, just wanted to rant about one of my favorite books. Which I think will be completely noncanon/forgotten now. Hopefully I'll enjoy rebirth superdad as much as I do Last Son.

So he's responsible for shitfests like Hel on Earth, Superdoom, Truth, misunderstanding what Morrison was doing, raping Superboy, cancelling Supergirl for no good reason, pissing away talents like Pak and Kuder and these are just the Superman related things. Thanks user, I feel a lot better now.

>SUPER-DAD rebirth:I love my son!
>BATMAN rebirth; Damian ? who?
Give it a year, bat-dad will be back in action. There are a lot of fans who would like that, I'm sure. :)

>It just makes no sense to me how an alien and a human can have babies together.

AFAIK there's never been a Superman comic that depicted a physiological difference between humans and kryptonians. There's really no reason for us to think that kryptonians and humans couldn't produce offspring, other than writers occasionally making a point of telling us so.

The same way that it bugs you that Clark and Lois can have a kid, it bugs me that Jon has his powers as a child when post-crisis Superman didn't develop his powers until puberty. But I can set my autism aside and enjoy it all the same.

>Idk how I feel about superdad. It just makes no sense to me how an alien and a human can have babies together. Even if superman loses his powers, he's still an alien right?

Brainiac messed with his genes on a molecular level to shut off his powers.

> Jon has his powers as a child
It's the Gohan effect

I wonder if kryptonite hurts jon because he is half human.

Chris Kent was such a unique concept that was fucked over by timing and editorial. I believe if DC had realized the positive response to giving Batman a child, we would still have Chris.

Totally agreed on all counts. That whole era was a wasted opportunity.

I don't think I've ever been as mad about wasted potential as I was when I read New Krypton.

I am totally ready for this.

This looks quite good, but where is Damian and Bruces book ? I was hoping the odd idea of a new Robin would leave when Synder left.

Possibly to trick those who miss them into reading?

So let me get this straight. Superman feels like a more natural choice of father than Batman because he "feels like one"? I'd say Batman would be the more natural choice for a father. He's a kid whose entire world was shattered. He grew up alone and broken. Helping others now is just a bandaid to stop the bleeding in his heart. Giving someone like that the chance to have a family again, to raise a child and be the father he never had, would be much more impactful to readers than Superman, the strong and stoic character he is, just popping out a few alien kids and raising them Nuclear Family style.

which is trans? superson or batson?

I like Superdad. That Louis and Clark spin-off a few months ago really warmed my heart.

Batdad never made sense, I'm still waiting for them to retcon it.

Superson because Superman wants him to explore the whole world as much as his own mind and really find his place in the universe. Batson is a good boy who studies hard and trains harder to live up to his Dad's name. He suits up dutifully every night and runs around Gotham, protecting others who can't help themselves because he knows the greater good is more important than his own fun.

>not looking forward to King
Take your shit taste and leave

Yeah it's like when Superman isn't a closed-minded sociopath that makes grumpy faces, people seem to like him.

What are you even talking about

I don't care about this book, but it's a good thing DC is finally doing something to get kids to read their comics.

BvS

King is cancer.

Kind of on topic.

Should I read any of the Superman New 52 stuff to understand why the new 52 superman is dead or just go into Rebirth and say fuck it?

He should honestly had kept the sexy beard...