Yondu vs Han Solo

Why was this guy's death so much more impactful after 1 1/2 movies of screentime compared to a cultural icon we've known and has existed in the public conscious for nearly 40 years?

I felt basically nothing when Han died. Yondu's death and subsequent funeral were way more affecting.

I'm not trying to meme TFA here - I generally want to know if it's everything else that surrounded the scenes that made one more affecting that the other, or if it really just boils down to TFA itself.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1XcdKUUc18Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because TFA sucks

boils down to harrison ford being a shitty actor and michael rooker being a beast

Han wanted to die since flick 2.

Because Han Solo was old and had a shitty life after the original trilogy. Getting murdered by his own son was the last straw. A meaningless, shitty death.

Meanwhile, Yondu died sacrificing himself for his adopted son. Raising Peter was the only good thing he did in his life. Yondu earned redemption and died a hero. Now that's an exit.

Because he had an arc.

Everyone knew Han would die and he was always sort of an asshole. Yondu's reveal assess publicized and they spent the whole movie trying to say he wasn't that bad as well as giving him a long drawn out death sequence. Han Solo was killed and gone.

youtube.com/watch?v=1XcdKUUc18Y

Yondu built an emotional connection to the other characters and to the audience over two movies. His death scene was also the logical and natural end of the arc he had been following since he was introduced. Han Solo by contrast just sort of showed up after a thirty year hiatus, interacted a bit with a bunch of new characters the audience barely knows, and then died.

Selfless sacrifice rather than a lolsorandum murder

Han was treated like a prop to progress Ren's story

Why did they feel the need to shit on Zune?

What the fuck did Microsoft ever do to James Gunn?

Han was a shitty dad. Jesus christ look how his kid turned out.

Yondu's son saved the galaxy. Twice. No wonder he gets so much pussy.

It was an elaborate attempt to find the one guy who gave a shit about the Zune. Only now has their plan succeeded

Really though it's just a cheap joke, and they probably realized they could milk more money out of apple by not using an ipod right away

We Are Groot

It wasn't

I feel sorry that your father abandoned you as a child, but don't come here telling lies

Neither death was all that impactful. Han's was a plot device. Yondu's was a hollow appeal to sentimentality they couldn't even do more to set up than relying on Rooker's innate charm.

He was important to the mc meanwhile Solo doesn't

>I'm Mary Poppins yo

quiptastic

Because TFA was awful. Then again, so was Guardians Vol. 2 which I only enjoyed because I was tripping on acid.

Yes we are

>Then again, so was Guardians Vol. 2

Shut up, except for two scenes (both focused on Groot), it was fine

>actor having a charm or having to act is a bad thing now

Wew lad.

Good movies are written and directed well enough that you don't have to rely on actors being good

It was awful user.

>annoying groot
>terrible and forced jokes
>inappropriate timing for jokes ruining any emotional impact
>no tension to speak off
>plot all over the place

The only good thing about it was kurts ego and yondu when he wasn't a quipping fag

I'm 25 and I cried at Youndus funeral scene,

Yea. but......nah. This is too stupid to reply to.

That's not what I said. Yondu was in no way a unique character and was about as far from the comics lore as you can get. What I'm saying is that Yondu was basically a blue Merle from TWD.