Willa Holland calls out WB for killing "Arrow" Suicide Squad

>"We were about season two when they started telling us we had to start basically killing off the Suicide Squad that we were starting to build on our own," Holland recalled. "We were actually trying to build that on our own on the show, and I guess once DC found out they were going to be doing their own movie of it, we had to ax all of the characters before we even got to show them, which was a little annoying at first."

>"Then when Stephen found out there was going to be a Justice League [movie] it only seemed -- rightly so -- he would be playing Green Arrow on it as well as that Grant [Gustin] would be playing the Flash," she continued. "It seemed like the right normal answer, and -- once they said no -- you can't really fight against them for it, because they are the people that gave us a job in the first place. So you just have to sit there on your hands, like okay, I get it!"

>"Marvel does it in their own weird right, kind of mash between 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' and the movies and stuff. So it's a little upsetting because you know it is possible and it can be done and how good it would be if it was done," she added.

comicbookresources.com/article/willa-holland-calls-out-wb-for-shutting-down-arrows-plans-for-the-suicide-squad

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/MarvelSupport/status/736203649593016320
blastr.com/2014-3-21/arrow-producer-explains-sneaky-awesome-harley-quinn-easter-egg
cinemablend.com/television/Why-Arrow-Won-t-Use-Harley-Quinn-Any-More-Episodes-72092.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Willa Holland confirms Agents of SHIELD is canon.

God, she is so hot.

Their SS wasnt that great anyway

>netflix shows or agents of shield will ever be in a movie

hahaha love this meme

>there can't be a Suicide Squad in our tv show and our movies at the same time it'll confuse people what's cross-promotion of our IPs?
Why are Warner Bros. execs so dumb?

I liked their Deadshot, but they really didn't need the Suicide Squad on Arrow. They should have just kept the Blackhawks in that role instead, the amoral mercenary team that the heroes can both fight and occasionally team up with.

There are enough Green Arrow specific characters for them to use, but they just waste them. Count Vertigo and Komodo both could have been the main villain of a season.

I only watched the first 10 episodes of arrow but man was she hot
I kept waiting for them to fuck

They are canon however. This is fact. twitter.com/MarvelSupport/status/736203649593016320

This is so dumb. Everyone knows CW cape shows are hot garbage. She thinks she deserves to stand next to Affleck and Will Smith?

Dubs also confirmed. AOS canon and nothing you fags can say can change that

The main dude on the show she fucks is gay IRL so he doesn't even enjoy it.

What a waste.

It's not just WB, it's all execs. Marvel is guilty of this to by not having Coulson in the last few movies.

Batman vs Superman wasn't very good and Suicide is going to be even worse. Affleck wasn't a very good Batman at all

HATERS BTFO

She's right, fuck WB

Almost as dumb as the Fox shits who kept Deadpool in development hell

>Affleck wasnt a very good Batman
Ok you lost me there pal

Fox at least has the excuse of big-budget R-rated Superhero movies being a huge risk.

Ok lets cut the bullshit here, connecting CW to the DCEU would only make things worse. Perhaps if they had different shows on Netflix with a different tone, then maybe

Love this meme too! Shitting on Fox for not making Deadpool!??? How the fuck does that make any sense as a criticism? Its a pathetic attempt to turn all the positivity of the film away from the Fox corporate (and only to Ryan Reynolds as a seperate entity) and therefore fuel more company wars

its pathetic really

WHY DIDN'T YOU SAVE HIM Sup Forums?

>connecting CW to the DCEU would only make things worse

I think the only real organic way to do that is a cameo from Ezra MIller showing up in TV Flash's Speedforce.

Actually Id love Erza Flash guest starring on Flash, good promotion for one thing. I just want to see Cisco super upset about Erza's costume

Based Amell. His show may be shit, but I hope he finds more success thanks to the turtles movie.

I liked the car shows (arrow and flash) but I watched the season 2 finale last night of flash after not watching the show for like a year. It was awful. Nobody can act (Zolomon especially), Earth 2 wells has a scratchy voice now that sounds retarded, everything was just so shitty. I was so disappointed. Like learning Santa isn't real

WB forcing changes is stupid and shitty, but so is think Gustin and Amell should be headlining the movies.

>tfw quit arrow
>tfw miss Willa

Send her to the flash pls

all his scenes were cut

What? Having Coulson in the last few movies would be detrimental to both AoS (because then they'd lose their one main justification for why the Avengers don't show up in the show) and the movies (because then you'd have to waste time recapping how he came back to life and the movies are already always super overstuffed as is).

Mouseketeer pls go

He didn't have a strong sense of the characters personality, and there was absolutely no expressive dichotomy between his persona as Bruce Wayne and his alter ego as Batman. He was just a flat character across the board, and fight scenes don't make up for that.

His Batcave was awful to. It was a brightly lit, post modern garage instead of beinf the eeriw sanctuary of the Batman built from jagged rocks, precarious hanging platforms and elaborate tracery. The Batcave is an expression of Batmans soul, and Affleck Batcave was a rectangle flooded with white light

>HE DOES IT FOR FREE!

They had potential, though.

They just needed to have Clock King operating behind the scenes of each mission and they would've been set.

What. Does he at least get the ones shown in the trailer?

I'm sorry that the truth triggers you. Must be rough.

Source?

I would rather not have a DC film universe then have it infected with Guggenheim and friends. I'll take a million Snyder abortions over a big screen Arrow S3/S4.

source?

The chick who played harley quinn stepped down voluntarily due to not wanting to be seen as trying to compete with Robbie. Holland can go fuck herself.

Gadot and Momoa are headlining movies, so it isn't that much of a stretch

user no

Why are you lying?

Not to mention it would retroactively cheapen Coulson's death in Avengers, and people would start making dumb questions like "why don't they just resurrect Pietro lol"

>his costume is literally just a hockey mask
>they still find a way to fuck it up

Oh for fuck's sake.

I thought there was a good distinction between personas, but then again it would have worked better in a narrative that didnt force him to be "I need to kill Superman" asshat

considering the only episode i saw of arrow bastardised Count Vertigo way worse then any marvel film has done thier villains i highly doubt it

I blame the haircut and lack of golf bag

Harley was either a small easter egg or had bigger plans, depending on who you believe. Nothing involving the actress and Robbie.

>“For one thing, we didn’t expect it to end up in the promo, so we were caught a little off guard, on that front. Andrew was very much like, ‘I totally knew people would lose their minds.’ And I was like, ‘Really?!’ I did not expect people to lose their minds the way they did, but I was very glad. So, Andrew was a lot more prepared than I was…

>I want to manage expectations with respect to Harley Quinn. She was always intended to be an Easter egg. I don’t want people to go in with incorrect expectations and walk away from Episode 16 disappointed. But there is an element to the Easter egg that was not spoiled by the promo, that I think people will find a lot of fun.”
blastr.com/2014-3-21/arrow-producer-explains-sneaky-awesome-harley-quinn-easter-egg

>Because we had the Suicide Squad and these things inside of it, ARGUS. We were going really heavily into that for a minute. And then, something must have come down from DC or some higher-up above that said, ‘No, you must cease and desist because we’re going to make it into a movie and we can’t have anybody spoil that idea.’ We did get to see that little pigtail and the ARGUS uniform and the little treat of Harley Quinn, and it just got ripped away. So if we could actually have Harley Quinn on the show, that would be amazing. But it’s never going to happen.
cinemablend.com/television/Why-Arrow-Won-t-Use-Harley-Quinn-Any-More-Episodes-72092.html

but im not

I dont' know, user. I'm a gold-star gay and even I wouldn't question putting it in her. She has that tomboy charm that makes her the hottest female I know. If i weren't confident in my sexuality I'd find it concerning.

What's the point of this comment? They never had a Harley cast, they just got her voice and a random blonde chick for a tease, and planned to cast her later. Never happened though.

And considering how the rest of Arrow went to shit, it's probably a good thing they got axed.

>WB made us make a shitty show so their movies would look better by comparison.

SHIELD has more embargoes than Arrow and still makes it work. They just go for the really obscure characters and make them OC and write good stories with it. Well, better than Arrow, anyway.

Embargoes do not justify shit writing for TWO fucking years.

>Some Marvel intern from Marvel Entertainment

Wake me up when I see someone from AoS in a movie or Marvel Studios acknowledging them in their movies.

This character was Bruce Wayne, who occasionally wore the Batman costume. In his most private moments in the Batcave, he was seen wearing a suit and in a open room flooded with light. He wasn't Batman in his soul. He wasn't a man who retreated to his hidden sanctuary in the dark forboding caves beneath his eerie mansion so he could contemplate the nature of his being, he was Bruce Wayne who turned the Batcave into a post modern office building devoid of any real pesonality

I really feel bad for him sometimes. Then I watch Arrow and i get over it.

>being this in denial
Wew lad

That's literally all it takes, though.

I thought i was the only one desu senpai.Her and Nyssa are the only girls that make me tingle.

He definitely handles himself will to fan hate/criticism that's for sure. He seems pretty cool.

>so hot she makes gay men question their sexuality

I take it back, goddamn

>Originally hated Arrow Deadshot
>Finally started to come around after the Russia stuff
>mfw he was snuffed for Will Smith

If we can have another Flash, why didn't we just have another DS?

When is she going to be in a Teen Titans spin off so I can still see her without watching Arrow anymore?

I like(d) Arrow and Flash but they're TV shows, with TV-quality production design, actors, writing, etc.

Seeing them move onto the big screen would be awful, plain and simple. DC's made the right call there, I just wish they'd be okay with having multiple live action versions of their characters floating around

>Flash S3 is announced to have 54 episodes, which would put it at syndication levels at the end.

NEVER EVER

>not using Amell and Gustin for Justice League movie

I can understand not using Arrow's Suicide Squad because it wasn't that great, but I don't understand why DC decided to completely disregard their CW shows.

I don't understand how they fucked up Count Vertigo so badly. I don't know why they tried to do some sort of vampire thing with him.

Really?

Jason Momoa is from fucking STARGATE, Gadot has worse acting than Teddy Sears. Jarted Leto was in My So-Called Life.

Looking at other actors:

Clooney started on TV.
Depp got his start in 21 Jump Street.
Kunis started in That 70s Show.
Willis started in Moonlighting.

An actor is only as good as his director, user.

Because DCCU can't into multiverse. It's best to leave DCCU as an edgy Elseworld to be honest.

More surprising they fucked him up TWICE on two different episodes and with two different actors.

The Arrow writing room is run by retards.

Because Vertigo was made before the no metas rule was lifted.

Also ironically despite the rule being lifted there are still no metas on Arrow.

Because it suck dicks. Same reason Smallville man didn't get to be the Supes in return.

Maybe not, but that doesn't mean they should have had to eliminate the team's presence from the show. They were only used once or twice a season, hardly a threat to a major motion picture's success.

>comparing Smallville to Arrow and Flash

Arrow is shit too what's your point?

It's a shame how pissed the TV actors get about changes that happen because of the DC embargo. Everyone knows it's stupid, but WB still doesn't change.

How long until she starts shit talking Olicity now that Thea's off the show?

thank fucking GOD Warnerbros didn't include the CW-verse in their movies

once arrow started, it was the best capeshit show around and now? now, it's even worse than agents of shit, jesus fucking christ. The Arrow and Flash cast are just pissed that they won't be making millions of dollars through movies and broadening their careers while doing so

Superman already had an established cinematic franchise before Smallville.

Snyder pls.

Arrow has turned into dogshit, but Flash continues to be based.

you know I'm right. no matter how hard the DCMU fails or delivers, the best thing CW-verse should hope for is a multidemensional nod to fans

I feel like season 2 was a bit weak but only because of the villain. I surely hope that Flashpoint Paradox will get things going again and that the villain in Season 3 will be a far better one

Arrow S4 is literally one of the worst pieces of media I've ever experienced. I hate Snyder and BvS for messing up the first cinematic Batman/Superman meeting but I'll take them any day over Arrow as it is now.

>Send her to the flash pls

Best possible scenario. Willa as Speedy is literally the only thing that makes me even consider watching Arrow these days.

If she goes to Flash, maybe I can finally stop saying "huh, should I watch Arrow tonight? nah"

After the pieces of shit that were Seasons 3 and 4 I'm glad that WB went 'lol no'.

For fucks sake they killed off the Black Canary on Arrow, why the fuck should they trust them with other notable comic characters?

Send her and Roy to Flash to reform E2 Laurel and form Young Justice

Willa as Speedy is good, for the good 5 minutes and two lines of dialogue they give her each episode; but the downside of that is, that most of her scenes involve Merlyn and his MUH DAUGHTER bullshit which has been dragged to the ground to the point of being one of the most intolerable things about this show.

Have Black Siren's body found but she's comatose because reasons.

Oliver finds Deadman to help him bring Laurel's spirit into this new body.

Black Siren fights back but after seeing Laurel's life through her eyes and seeing how her life could have been different, decides to do the heroic thing for once and sacrifice herself so Laurel can live.

Laurel wakes up, Oliver cries.

"You were wrong."

Also Lance has a fucking heart attack or just kills himself at this point.

Did they ever explain what Laurel asked Oliver to do for her right before she died?

>why DC decided to completely disregard their CW shows

Literally Zack Snyder

he said Gustin didn't fit into his grim depressing version of the DC universe "tonally" or some shit, even though the fucking asshole isn't going to be the one directing the Flash movie anyway

Hahaha I love this [THING WE WE SOLD ON AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS PRODUCTION AND NOW EVERYONES BACKPEDALLING AND NOT DELIVERING AND JUST USING THESE FRANCHISES TOO MAKE THEIR OWN STUPID PET PROJECT MOVIES THAT ARENT EVEN RELATED]

Maybe you were in diapers when the rest of were dreaming of what should be.

What gets me is the actors jobs involved. Their Deadshot was good and he was a good actor. Must sucked because Will Smith job-cucked him.

Their Boomerang was a goddamn travesty anyway

Nope. Not even in the season finale.

I bet the fucking writers don't even know what it is. There's a pretty solid chance they will forget about it and never bring it up again

I feel kind of bad for that girl who got cast of harley, then got redubbed by tara strong and had her character cut from the show before her first real appearance.

I don't think she would have been any good, but still.

Never, Titans wasn't picked up.

The best thing they could do is have it be "fake my death like you did with roy so i can go live with him out of this awful show"

>Promise me, Ollie

>Promise me not to resurrect me with magic, or have Barry travel back in time to save me. I don't want to live on Guggenheim's gay earth anymore

>this becomes the basis for the flashbacks in season 5

>Promise me you won't get back with Felicity. It's Felicity. She's the key. Fear him and find us, Ollie. You have to find us.

Turns out Dr. Manhattan is using Felicity as a conduit to weaken the DCCW Universe so they pose no threat to him. The embargos, the bad writing. It's all a red herring.