Should Captain America be gay, Sup Forums?

Should Captain America be gay, Sup Forums?

don't bring your shit bait here

Hydra doesn't allow gays.

>image.jpg

>Narratively Appropriate
>A Brotherly relationship clearly established in three movies destroyed for romance

No

Chris Evans Steve Rogers is only 4 Peggy and shouldn't have any other love interests.

Cap and Bucky is weird to me because they're like brothers.

Cap can totally be gay though.

Fuck that should A-Bomb be the next Cap? He was Bucky at some point.

>working class American from the 1930s
>gay

lmaoing @ ur life.

>narratively appropriate decision

>only reason is "they're the same age, so it wouldn't be pedophilia"

Holy shit there are people who actually believe this

please when caping twitter post arrange them in the proper order

also bi-sexuality does exist

>two men can't be friends anymore without someone trying to make them gay

He was an artist, he could have been gay.

>gay was invented in the 1990's

No, of course not. He's had numerous relationships with women, and that should be respected.

He should be bi.

It's not bait it's a good question. Making Cap gay could open the doors to new possibilities.

Makes me wish Sony let Andrew Garfield's Spidey be gay.

This is how people view male friendship, just think about it. This whole stemmed from a man caring about another. What does this all mean?

Every thread that we had about the subject ended with most of Sup Forums agreeing that yes, Captain America and most other heroes should be at least bissexuals.

these are correct

Most social media users are too autistic to understand and differentiate between basic human connections such as friendship.

Superman should have been gay. Or Deadpool.

Which possibilities?

Why you would want him to be bi?

>This is how people view male friendship,

Which ironic as fuck, considering these same people will complain about men not opening up more.

A story about a gay man from the 1940's and how he deals with or comes to terms with his sexual preference after finding himself in the modern era would be really interesting. It would be a great else worlds story, It be a great story for some Cap analog.

Whether you're talking about Marvel or MCU Cap is at best bi if anything but straight. But even that would be interesting to see someone deal with.

Bob is an annoying SJW cunt, why should anyone care what he says?

Anyone can be gay

Why "should" he be anything other than what he already is?

There's no reason other that politics and that's not a good reason.

You mean Rick Jones? He's not A-Bomb anymore.

do a deal with mephistumblr
cap is gay butt he's still hydra

Have gays ruined hetero bromances, Sup Forums?

Can two men be best friends anymore without gay implications?

>implying gay man didn't repress that shit to the point they would never express it

>Gay
>Has had only heterosexual romantic relationships
I think they mean bi. Also I guess men can't have strong brotherhood tier friendships anymore

>wanting faggot storyline to ruin a character

fucking gays want to ruin everything

>What does this all mean?

I think it has a lot to do with people getting bored of romances being between an interesting main character and a love interest that exists in the story to be a love interest (sometimes they do a couple plot related things, but usually it's pure support). Meanwhile those same main characters have a close or intense relationship (friendship or antagonism) with a much more interesting character, and its written in a way that seems more genuine than the formulaic, bored romance arc between the MC and love interest. Because most MCs are male and their friend/enemy is male, it looks like people are pushing hard for gay, but at the end of the day I think it's more a matter of pairs like this being more interesting and feeling more sincere.

make him gay in the movies, and a nazi in the comics

Why don't you tell that story? Why does it have to be overlaid on a character that already exists? That already has motivations and context?

Anything other than wanting immediate popularity for a sexuality instead of having to work to create a character from the ground up?

>Character gets popular
>People who jump on the bandwagon now want to steer
>People whove been fans before character was popular are now the vocal minority
>Not liking the new direction means your not a fan
>that makes you a bigot
Fuck it, let em drive the bandwagon off a cliff.

Why?

>if two men are close friends they must be gay

This is the worst meme.

>listening to what MovieBlob has to say
Well, there's your problem right here
Also, pic related

>movieblob

Please don't bring that loser here please.

>I did NOT go to the mat for freedom so people could voice opinions I don't agree with

I bet it's mostly fujoshi whales, I doubt most gays give a fuck.

The bifags encouraging that route are getting noticeably much worse though.

>There's no gym badge for hate

Yes. Peggy was definitely a good character but had to get shelved because Cap done went and got himself all frozen and shit.

>What would Mario and Link THINK of us?
Nothing, since they're fictional characters

I have no problem with a character being gay, but not when it's forced to push a political agenda. Also, I think it's just as important, if not more, for open and caring male friendships to be depicted in media, rather than imply that any man that shows any feeling for another man must be gay.

Shit like this makes me dislike gay people more and more

There was a reply from a guy with a Marion name/Avatar telling him "I think you'r-a faggot"

So simple.

Why not

It's not like they can fuck up his identity even more

I know this is just shitty bait, but captain america being gay actually makes sense, much more than iceman being gay for instance.

caps romantic life has never been focused on in the comics. He's never had a strong female romantic interest, and in fact all his emotional life revolves around guys.
This could all be easily explained with caps being meant to be gay all along, but in the past comics couldn't show it so they kept it hidden. And caps was born in the first half of the 20th centory, so he remained closeted even when he came back in modern america.

What? Of course it does. Why wouldn't it?

HYDRA is an equal opportunity terrorist organization.

>narratively appropriate
>major plot point in all 3 of his movies is his romantic relationship with a woman
Is there anything Moviebob wouldn't do to get points with the internet progressive crowed?

yes, the point is when will steve rogers stop repressing it

>caps romantic life has never been focused on in the comics. He's never had a strong female romantic interest, and in fact all his emotional life revolves around guys.
Raise as many fingers as many Cap comics you've actually read. Did you need more than one hand?
>Peggy Carter
>Sharon Carter
>Bernie Rosenthal
>Diamondback
>Scarlet Witch for like half a second
Go sit in the corner

I think there's something to this. Even in the rare instance where there's a female lead, and she's not the just a "love interest", if she rifts off with the (male) MC and she's interesting, people will want them together.

And because of hetronormativy and people believing men and women can't just be friends, they usually get together in the end.

>implying he wouldn't take notice of people coming to terms with gay stuff in modern times and embrace it

If he's a good character then it shouldn't matter either way

The retards on social media are the cancer killing comics. The retards listening to those retards and are pandering to them are even bigger cancers.

Can someone explain these people to me? Why does a friendship where two people would risk their lives for each other have to always develop into romance? It's the same shit with Frozen, they can't just accept them being sisters.

Have these people never had a real relationship outside of love? Is that how they define every strong bond between two people?

Wait, I'm trying to figure out how to put the word "carcinogenic" into the metaphor.

Are the retards on social media the cigarettes and asbestos that empower the retards listening to them to become the cancer that kills comics?
Does this work?

double dubs checked.
Ronnie already explained it:

The 1930's were gayer than the 1980s user.

>also bi-sexuality does exist
No they don't. They're a conspiracy from the trilateral commission.

No half measures. Both gay AND nazi. I want to see which way Sup Forums and the SJWs break on THAT one.

>Implying that Steve didn't go down to Harlem to enjoy the nice jazz club alleys.

>caps romantic life has never been focused on in the comics.

Ok let's say you were right. Why doesn't that make him Asexual? You know the only canon asexual marvel character I know of (Shatterstar) was eventually made gay?

What does that say to people who are asexual?

There are numerous canon LGBT characters. Married Gay characters. Books with more lgbt characters than straight, but a lack of focus on sex that's not worth one canon character?

You know what they call forms of cancer that continually get worse?
Progressive

>Major plot point
I wouldn't say there's a major plot point in 2.
In fact, since there wasn't is probably why this is to blame and a recurring gag being that Cap constantly turns down Black Widow's matchups. This is why Soulless Hollywood executives force unconvincing love plots into movies, because if you relent for even a second everyone thinks the MC is gay.

>open yourself up emotionally
>people call you a fag
>keep yourself guarded because of that
>people call you repressed

The only way to win is to not give a shit either way.

>Bob Chimpman

Two men are close friends, bonded together harder by reliance in each other by war.

Clearly they must be gay by the laws of gaydom.

What is all this fuss about Bucky? What about Tony? Ask Hickman about it

I prefer Cap to be asexual. Giving him a romantic partner seems really unnecessary.

Now let's talk about how terrible Moviebob is.

That's generally how people act, yes. And every other social issue only REALLY started in 2006. That's when everything used to be better, too, for some reason.

Quit being a faggot.

Let's not forget
>No bad tactics, only bad targets

>tfw the cap and tony ship sank with the civil war comic
>tfw it will never be back
>tfw winter soldier movie made it all about buck and cap
>tfw normalfags miss out on the superior ship

Tony and Steve were such great BFFs.

I think this is exactly it, homo or not. Most well developed characters in most media are men and often have the most interesting dynamics with each other. Female characters introduced for the sake of fulfilling a love interest role aren't very interesting and difficult for people to care about, and the relationships often are formulaic.

It's not coming out of nowhere. Steve and Bucky have a compelling history that's easy for people to get emotionally invested in, either platonically or romantically. I have no strong feeling either way if they make Cap bi in the comics or the movies, but I'm just saying that it wouldn't really be narratively surprising if he actually had deeper feelings for Bucky. No more surprising than him being a Hydra agent, at least.

>LGBT-friendly Disney

I like shipping as much as the next guy, but I really hope none of it becomes canon.

I'd post Tony/Steve, but I don't have any.

Cap and Bucky were first read the Steranko issues where Rick Jones becomes Bucky. It's not about Cap and Bucky being gay, but it's real easy to read it that way.

Hickman did his best to sail it but MCU happened

I have some steve and tony

Why do they always want Marvel to change existing characters instead of make new ones?

You mean Stephanie and Tanya.

1992, specifically

Because the new ones won't be put in the movies.

are you implying that you can't read it 'that way' with steve and tony? they have more than one comic book which you can read that way

So their couple name would be Stephania?

Stephanya?

Actual gay people have nothing to do with all this bullshit. It's just clueless SJWs who think they're helping gay people by giving them more "representation", when in reality they're just making things worse.

He doesn't even give a reason for why they should do it.
He just wants it because it's progressive

I'd feel bad if it wasn't for the fact that good female led books and shows are overlooked because fangirls would rather ship white guys together.

Yeahhhhhh

Why hasn't he killed himself yet?

There's no purpose in making him gay other than pandering to people who see sex instead friendship. What the hell is it going to do in-universe? Do they ignore that Steve has only shown romantic interest in women? I know the Iceman thing, but come on. All they're doing is pushing their on sexual interpretation on a fictional character.

Just make Sam Wilson gay.

I would support this... just to say that America is fucking gay.

Civil War was like one big ship manifesto

He doesn't have any friends to ditch his funeral in order to play Mario

with a great (yet meaningless) fix-it afterwards

>Men having feelings

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY