I just fixed the Batman Beyond costume. When do I get my job at DC?

I just fixed the Batman Beyond costume. When do I get my job at DC?

Yours looks like shit OP.

They'll call you as soon as they decide to give Terry down syndrome

Stop it. It looks leagues better than the official one. He's basically saying that DC missed the fucking point of the design by allowing whatever artist to busy it up.

His chin melts seamlessly into his neck.

No mouth batman = best batmam.

While it is physically impossible to have the mouth, it affords emotion and expression. The design looses something without it, Jaime's Blue Beetle included.

>Have to design a suit
>It has to be a sleuthing suit
>Something not to busy, something that blends in
>Sleek
>Aight, let's make it shiny spandex that shows every fine detail of your body and give it lifts. Do the eyes need to be red? Hell yeah they do. I'm also really into chains lately so let's make the belt a chain.
>Perfect.
Not one of Bruce's best moments.

This is what happens when people try to reinvent the wheel. It looked fine 20 years ago. What's with all this stupid crap coming out now?

To be honest, I wouldn't be upset with a redesign if they completely changed the costume up. Tried some other ideas for what a Batman of the future could look like.

But instead they half-ass it by basing it on the original design but with some pointless superficial changes.

Is he confirmed to be Terry? That Tim horseshit was the worst.

forgot the nose though. he usually had a shine-line by the nose.

in what universe is that a chain?

Between the nose, lips, chin, and limb proportions, it looks more like a nigger to me.

Great job, but DC Editorial you keep the red.

I might be able to get over the red belt links if it looked good on page, but I draw a line at the shoes.

I'm with you there, DC Rebirth seems to be about the soles.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it,

I'm pretty sure that's how the artist renders things. Nothing has changed other than the eyes, belt and boots.

Probably. At the Rebirth event they said its Terry but the Rebirth checklist says they're looking for Terry when a new dark knight shows up. Who knows what that could mean

>Alan Scott
>Hal Jordan
>John Stewart
>Guy Gardner
>A few muzzies
How can the universe still shit on humans when they're routinely picked by the rings for the Green Lantern Corps? We're clearly the most willful of all the species.

I get the point you're making, but I kinda like the muscle details. Your version would work if the artist's style was more simplistic, and DC rarely has simplistic, cartoony art in their books.

I also don't understand people getting upset about the ''new'' costume, which is basically the exact same costume as before.

I think its less the costume and more how Chang draws it. If Silas was still doing the art it would probably look fine

I always liked Batman One Million.

The muscle details don't work though. It gives the impression that the fabric the suit uses is very shiny and reflective. Chances are, if it's a fabric that is both shiny and can take a beating without tearing, it's similar to leather and will squeak. Shiny, squeaky, restrictive fabric is NOT what you want to be wearing if you're supposed to be a detective working form the shadows who needs to get his ass moving if things go south.

Keep belt from left, red eyes but right style, red highlights on shoes are pointless but fine, keep the body definition from the left, move to a darker palette but not child-scribble simple like right. Get rid of the extraneous Transformer facial definition on the left while keeping the harder lines of it so as to, again, avoid the child-scribble right side version.

...how the fuck does the mouth work on that suit?

These are horrible opinions.

Probably the same way a cloth suit can amplify strength over 10x. Batman built it.

I just got done watching the entire Beyond series on DVD and the Epilogue from Justice League Unlimited.

Then I read up on what they did to Terry in the comics. Kinda pissed, man.

I haven't touched comics because I gather from all the horror stories Sup Forums tells about how they JUSTed everything, I'd have an aneurysm trying to read it all.

Holograms.

Make-up. By nanomachines.

>For years, Beyond fans have been asking DC to do a Batman Beyond book
>Our wish was finally granted a few years ago
>Wave after wave of mediocre to awful books

Damn that monkey's paw.

DC can fucking eat my ass then

adhesive
batwoman built the 'living' metal part, and the april moon guy built the 'very small servos' part

Does someone want to catch me up on the Beyond comics? How badly have they fucked things up?

That's what you deserve you Spider-Bat loving fags

I gotcha, but the ''squeaky leather'' design looks sturdier, and gives me almost like a rock-like impression. It looks like something you wouldn't want to hit, if you don't want to break your hands.

The less-detailed suit looks less threatening and the fabric's like what you'd have in your t-shirt or something.

I dunno, it's just the impressions I personally get.

Everyone always forgets that even Batman doesn't design everything himself.

Batman has always been a team effort despite Bruce's loner attitude.

Fucking Loeb ruined Harold.

So why does Green Luchador carry a gun?

Velvet batsuit

I beg to differ. I think the extra detailed suit is less threatening. First off, the face is dopey as fuck. It looks like something you'd find on some bad cosplay and the red eyes are over the top. The definition on the suit also makes it painfully clear there is in fact a man under there. The less detailed version blends him into the shadows. The white eyes pop off the suit and seem even more intimidating. He seems less like a man and more like a force of nature. You can kill a man, but nature will always catch up to you. If I were a street level thug, I'd rather take on the guy on the left.

Yeah, I thought he had a gun for a very specific contextual reason, why is he hanging on to it?

>3 arm spikes

They really should change the artist

I imagined it as the nanomachine stuff like in the Spider-Man Unlimited cartoon

I always mean to ask this, what are the best batman beyond comics? Any runs or series to avoid?

Everything that wasn't on TV is shit.

>Darywn Cooke died for this
Injustice: Didio Among Us

That entire thing is funny to me, because Bernard Chang is actually amazing artist e.g. when it comes to environmental storytelling - but this helmet looks like trash because it has a human face, but weird huge droppy eyes - it hits uncanny valley hard.

On the other hand, maybe that's what Jurgens asked for.

he apparently doesn't trust the ring charge to last long enough, so he carries the gun as a last resort option.

Also he's supposed to be Lebanese, but I will agree that mask does make him look like a Luchadore.
He had the mask because he was trying to hide from a crime he didn't commit, but was being blamed for. This was resolved when they found the proof absolving him of the crime

I found this redesign online, I don't like the art-style too much but I like the idea.
If we are going futuristic new Batman, go all out and go full tech mode with it

they killed terry and made tim the most incompetent batman of all time.

yeah pretty much this
However there are hints Terry may be returning as a possible villain. I imagine as a big middle finger to those that want him back in the suit

Batman Beyond 2.0 is the best. Everything else is Beechenshit or Tim fagging it up in a post apocalyptic future no one cares about

at least there's always earth 12 :')

I'm only going to like this because the suit looks like Tatsunoko material. Mouthguard and earpieces look like Casshern.

having a ring that can take you to more advance civilizations and translate for you.
>still just having a earth gun as your back up weapon.

I like the red soles tho.
Also if that's how you color you're more suited to work at Marvel.

Not him but how are the other Beyond characters in the comics? Inque, Dana, etc.

The same way the eyes work in the movies. His cowl is actually the same as the original Bat suit, he just paints his chin black.

Except Deadpool, Collosus, Black Panther, and Spidey have all shown us that you can have emotive eyes and have it look fine. DC could easily adopt that style for Batman and any other character. Seeing the real Batglare would be amazing. From the eyes, I doubt it would be much of a stretch to have the mouth move for Batman Beyond's costume.

The suit is comprised partially of nanites which attach to the skin and move with it.

Be honest, Sup Forums, this is the only reasonable explanation and it actually makes sense.

Be honest with yourself, this

>Jessica
>muzzie
She's Mexican /k/

When I was a kid, I always reasoned that the "mouth" wasn't actually there, just the outline of his lips against the nanite fabric of the mask. The only reason it was colored in white was due to the artstyle.

Sort of a reverse of how in BTAS, in some scenes when Bruce removed his mask the eyeholes would be blank instead of filled with lenses.

Sure, like DC hires competent people or something..

>When I was a kid, I always reasoned that the "mouth" wasn't actually there, just the outline of his lips against the nanite fabric of the mask.

That makes little sense given how Terry deepthroats Inque.

The same way sunlight makes Superman fly or Aquaman is able to breathe under water despite lacking gills. It's a work of fiction.

>When I was a kid, I always reasoned that the "mouth" wasn't actually there, just the outline of his lips against the nanite fabric of the mask
No you fucking didn't don't lie. You didn't think anything of it. You thought it was just his mouth like every other fucking kid that watched the show.

I tried my hand at it one more time keeping in mind that Batman is first and foremost a detective and that screaming red all over the suit would be a dead giveaway for him. I also thought the mouth was weird, but it was also useful for emoting purposes, so I went back to the classic cowl style. As for the arms, just a little bit of color to break up all the black. Opinions?

Lumpy and misses the entire point of the Beyond suit being made of nano magic from the future.

So still ten times better than Jowlman Beyond. You're hired.

>red eyes