Here's your daily dose of the red pill

Here's your daily dose of the red pill.
Madagascar is actually larger than Baffin Island.

Proof: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_islands_by_area

You're using an old innacurate map. Australia's bigger too.
It's well known, are you retarded?

Stay woke.

Bafflin'

Square feet are smaller in africa because they use pygmy feet to measure.

Kek.

aren't americans taught how different kinds of map projections work and how to recognise them?

surprisingly no, we are never taught that I actually had to research that on my own

I was memeing but now I'm genuinely surprised
this is something everyone should know because it can literally bend your view of the world

nope, and to think I went to a good american school (private)
public school I'm not sure if they even learn anything outside of who Canada and Mexico are.
It still blows my mind to this day how large africa is

The redpill is that you've learn in school that the earth isn't really shaped like an sphere yet we see nasa pictures and it's a prefect sphere.

You're full of shit

I too went to a private school and we learned this in like second grade

Why is New Zealand so far away of Australia? Thoses sneaky bastard are trying to flee

its an almost* perfect sphere, its slightly pear shaped due to tilt and rotation

I got made fun of when I was in middle school because I had a favorite map projection

I mean i went to school in mass and I never once heard of the different types of projections used on gloves/maps

That map isn't shown to scale but faithfully describes the proportions of each landmass.

Unlike the autistic peters projection that sacrifices aesthetics and proportion for literal scale on a 2d surface that warps the whole thing.

No, we use the one that makes us look bigger than africa, cuz muh cold war.

kek

See now that is your problem, i'm American and I did learn these things in public school. Granted I'm sure many of my classmates did not learn them, as they didn't bother doing the required reading, or paying attention during class when it was gone over.

the map you're using is complete garbage, that's why it seems surprising