ITT: Your favourite pleb filter

ITT: Your favourite pleb filter.

The Master - PTA, but everyone finds it boring and pretentious, so my non pretentious filter is House of the Devil.

idk how people dont see this is best PTA

Also yes house of the devil is great pleb filter

PTA?

Trying to think something artsy but The last action hero and Cable guy popup instantly to mind. Cable guy is probably the best: everybody is waiting for prime Carrey to speak from his ass but instead it's so very dark.

Any silent film other than The Artist

Michael Clayton

Parent teacher association.

>ITT: Movies that are 99% boring filler but people say is good because of one well done gore effect

this is what he means when he calls it a pleb filter

movies are not about special effects

>Michael Clayton
excellent answer, too bad Tony Gilroy hasn't even come close to replicating its quality

>filler
The fact that you used this word speaks volumes you filthy fucking pleb. Never post here again.

im currently on the way to grow a beard like kurt has in this gem of a movie.

I enjoyed it because it came together nicely. It had a beginning, middle and end. No loose bits, it all gelled.

Not a huge fan of the movie but that's a nice way to put it

most of Kelly Reichardt's filmography probably counts (except for River of Grass or Wendy & Lucy - W&L is great, but much more accessible than her other work, and River of Grass is a weird Americana folk tale that's not really indicative of her as a director), but Meek's Cutoff, Night Moves, and Certain Women stick out especially.

I agree wholeheartedly. The Master is a masterpiece but plebs won't sit through it. House of the Devil as well. The third act is an amazing payoff, but you have all the great world building normies think is boring

Inherent vice

It could have been shorter

Said no woman ever

the fact that it was 80% cowboy banter is what made it great, they had no idea of the hell they were walking into. and it actually allowed you to get attached to the characters unlike 99% of horror movies

>House of the Devil
>DUDE 16mm FILMING ON A GENERIC HORROR MOVIE

It really gets good past the 90 minute mark. Too bad people miss out on this gem because it isn't filled with exposition dialogue and explosions in every frame.

The witch is a great pleb filter.

>I don't like this movie because I think that people who like it like it only because it was shot on this medium that no person actually gives a shit about but me.
>LOL I USED IMDB AND NOW I CAN PRETEND TO KNOW MORE THAN EVERYONE AND SHAME THEM AT THE SAME TIME.

Like what you like faggot, but don't come at me with that weak fucking trash.

The Lost World

great example of how a good director can save a flawed screenplay

still much weaker than the first, but miles ahead of JP3

My man. Such a good film, the buildup is what makes the payoff at the end so impactful. Also the lack of a soundtrack really works in the films favor, no forced tension or jump scares. I recommend this flick on here any chance i can get. Horror kino of the highest order.

the gory part was the weakest portion of the film

Oh fuck yes. Classic example of the movie-mascerading-as-flick genre.

I couldn't get enough of this RAUNCHY little BEACH movie

does it mean I'm a pleb if I enjoyed it?

i've been going over to my friend's house to drink and force him to watch XRA pretty regularly for the past month

it's been fun

chomsky honk

Hi Dwayne

if you knew even a little bit about modern cinema, you'd know that PTA is short for Paul Thomas Anderson.

but ok

SAAAAAAND MADNESS

I fell asleep watching this

>No one will ever make a dirt mattress for me
;_;