Please tell me that The Last Jedi won't be anything like TFA

Please tell me that The Last Jedi won't be anything like TFA.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
gamesradar.com/mark-hamills-initial-reaction-to-the-last-jedi-script-i-disagree-with-every-choice-youve-made-for-this-character/?utm_content=buffer49c8d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com
youtube.com/watch?v=KWSsjhHA0IM
youtube.com/watch?v=ghHgrjT_Hfk
youtube.com/watch?v=aUsSimP_FY0
youtube.com/watch?v=6JfsysjFbD0
youtube.com/watch?v=o2Jl_4yiggM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's being handled by a different director.

That doesn't mean it won't be full of the same obnoxious SJW elements though

It has the same poorly written characters, it's extending the same dumb plot with with the same dumb factions, and it's still a pointless Disney nu-Wars movie that didn't need to be made.

Even if it's 10x better than TFA, it'll still be shit and nothing more than a poorly written fanfiction film.

it'll probably be even worse 2bh

Rogue one was good

Why can't these be good?

It's gonna be a TFAized direct copy of ESB basically.

Rogue One was a tiny little bit better than TFA but still a huge piece of shit.

le sjw boogeyman xDDD

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why don't you want another amazing movie, OP?

It will be just like TFA, an absolute critical and financial success which will infuriate Sup Forums autists to the core.

My favorite argument

It won't. It'll be like The Empire Strikes Back.

It will also inspire a new generation of Star Wars fans, who will still remember it fondly in 20 years and it will go down in history as one of the greatest, most magical blockbuster movies of all time, just like the original trilogy. And Sup Forumsacks will whine and cry and getting triggered by the amazing cast, but there will be nothing they can do to stop it from being by beloved by everyone who is not autistic.

There's nothing critically successful about shit, son. Sure you and the normies will eat its slop, but you did the same with tranformers, three movies on i'd imagine so you'll do the same here.

youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Funny how a picture of Star Wars will always get +300 posts no matter the post (just like this thread will too), but you all complain about capeshit/celebshit/SW in other threads.
Bunch of delusional autists who claim how they don't care about the new Star Wars anymore while arguing about literally any meaningless news/promo pic/poster/leak detail that comes out for TLJ.

I bet that even half of the posters in this very thread go shit on it will go see it on opening week.

Unlike a lot of people who has you convinced otherwise, some of us actually wants this franchise to crash and burn. It needs to. It's not good. The Prequels were bad but not like TFA. TFA is considerably worse. The Prequels had a good intent, Disney's schlock is just pure shit. It needs to die.

You can pretend it wasn't a success if that helps you, but it got over 2 billion box office and raving extremely positive reviews across all platforms.

>but you all complain about capeshit/celebshit/SW in other threads.
Those threads get just as many replies. It's all shit anyways, and it needs to fucking end.

It would have made money even if it was another failed attempt by George to recapture the OT's old magic. It was the most anticipated Sequel in film history. It was the most thought about and longed for film of all time. Of course it would have made money. You're of the mind that the shit we got was some how the reason why it made two billion. As transformers has shown us, fucking idiots will eat anything, even shit. You're welcomed to make another attempt at goading me.

I was only stating that it was a critical and financial success, while you said it wasn't for some reason.

You're just doing free marketing by autistically commenting on every single leaked detail about it.
And for your every hate post there are other autists that will defend it to death, so all that is left is free marketing.

The film is not out in half a year and we already have like six daily +200 post threads about it. And it will only get worse with time.

It wasn't a critical success. It was a financial success and it was praised by Deer in head light critics. Much like the Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith was praised by Critics. In hindsight all those fuckers did a 180. So Critical praised, it isn't. And yet those movies literally made more sense than the shit awakens.

>It wasn't a critical success
kek. Delusional Sup Forums fag.

>92% Certified Fresh on RT, 89% by Top Critics
>89% Audience Score
>8,1/10 on IMDb
>81 Metascore
>"It wasn't a critical success"

sure thing buddy
Also critics never praised the prequels, only normies loved it and did an 180 after. Nice headcanon my friend

>intent

PLEASE kill yourself. Stop trying to moralizing your hate of Tfa, it's better than the prequels and you're retarded if you think the main intent for both is anything other than money

Rogue one sucked. So did TFA. TLJ will be shit too.

>27 replies
>14 posters
I can't believe the enormous stick up this samefags ass. Do you not have anything better to do than lurk a thread and complain about a movie? Jesus Christ

>audience score, a bunch of dear in the head light normies. "Le, I'm apart of history, it's as good as the first.I haven't watched it but i think it's better."

>le critics who gave into darkness a certified fresh, 94% and GB Queefing sisters, 84%

Surely you jest.

Yes, mary sue,the J.J. illogicality paradigm, critically praised indeed.

There wasnt much SJW shit in TFA, it was just a bad movie all on its own.

>there will NEVER EVER be a new white male lead in star wars movie.

You can flip it however you want if it helps you sleep at night, but TFA was a major undeniable critical and financial success.
Fact.

It's the most dreadful science fiction I've ever seen, to say nothing of a star wars film. I've seen fan shorts that's done better. Its' absolutely ghastly.

It's shit, son. It's shittiness is mountainous, to say the least. It was so fucking retarded too and unwatchable. J.J's inability to tell a believable story once more fucked up another franchise. It's all fucked.

Upcoming Han Solo standalone movie?

Leave it to contrarian Sup Forums to say rogue one was better than TFA. At least TFA was a Star Wars movie and wasn't balls.

V > IV > VI > VII >>>>>>>>> R1 > III > I >> II

It'll be nothing like TFA.

It'll be like Empire.

Don't you dare. TFA was shit. Would you like to know more?

It made money, there's nothing critical at all about that shitty film. J.J. fucked it up like he did Enterprise but more so he fucked it up like how he got Super 8 wrong. I may be autistic, but I know what shit smells like and looks like, and TFA is shit.

Thats why i specified new. They will never push a new white male.

The only white males allowed are friendzoned or grandfathered in.

I thought The Force Awakens was a Good Film.

I thought it was great, actually.

>In a recent interview with the magazine, Hamill said he had a small conflict with director Rian Johnson. "I at one point had to say to Rian, 'I pretty much fundamentally disagree with every choice you’ve made for this character.'" And that's just… I mean, damn. I don't know how I'd react to that. I imagine it kind of being like writing fanfic of your favorite hero, and then having that hero say "This is bad and wrong." To your face.
gamesradar.com/mark-hamills-initial-reaction-to-the-last-jedi-script-i-disagree-with-every-choice-youve-made-for-this-character/?utm_content=buffer49c8d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com

Since Mark Hamill hates Disney Wars so much and is doing so much to try to make people hate it, it can't be that good.

youtube.com/watch?v=KWSsjhHA0IM

youtube.com/watch?v=ghHgrjT_Hfk

youtube.com/watch?v=aUsSimP_FY0

youtube.com/watch?v=6JfsysjFbD0

youtube.com/watch?v=o2Jl_4yiggM

>I thought The Force Awakens was a Good Film
It's one of the worst edited, paced movies I have ever seen, along the same lines as Suicide Squad with the amount of footage JJ cut out of the movie, leaving tones of plot holes and making it nothing but a generic action movie with the name STAR WARS slapped over it.

No it wasn't.

If you actually think JJ's theatrical cut of TFA is good then you must really have bad taste in film

It was better. And TFA is not a star wars film lol.

>there's nothing critical at all about that shitty film

????
user I'm afraid you don't even know what the term "critical success" even means, please stop embarassing yourself.

No. I think your taste is bad, user.

Stop shilling those pathetic out of context interview excerpts.
He made a remark on his character in a single interview and that's it, if you watch the rest of that interview he says that he always had a different opinion for the character of Luke, even in the ot (especially in ROTJ) and basically sucks Ryan Johnson cock and says how working with him was one of the best director-actor relationships he had.

You fuckers love to take things out of context, but blame the SJW boogeyman for it in other instances. Pathetic.

>At least TFA was a Star Wars movie
At least Rogue One felt like a different type of movie and not a star wars fan film.

Anyone who calls Rogue One a fan film is an idiot. Apart from the Vader scene and 2 small references to the OT and Prequel with Mustafar, it is entirely original and unique

>Stop shilling those pathetic out of context interview excerpts
You do realise the reason Hamill changed his statement in that tweet was because he realized what he was doing would make Disney annoyed so he subtracted his hatred

>"I at one point had to say to Rian, 'I pretty much fundamentally disagree with every choice you’ve made for this character.'"
you tell me. How is this taken out of context when I say that Hamill disagrees with what Disney has done to Luke?

The deleted scenes were complete unneded trash plot fillers that add nothing to the narrative and cutting them out of the movie was a good decision.
Adding more bad scenes to a badly paced movie doesn't make it somehow magically better.

It was out of context because right after that sentence he acknowledges that he was wrong you turboautist.
He said the same damn thing to George while filming the OT, especially about ROTJ.
Mark was pissed for the character decisions of Luke in Return of The Jedi, he had some retarded ass idea of a fucking clone evil Luke done with the arm he got cut off in ESB and was tried to push it really hard to be made instead of what happens in ROTJ, actors aren't writers you literal brainlet.

Rogue One wasn't a Star Wars movie. That's why it's called Rogue One, and not Star Wars: Rogue One. That's why it doesn't have the opening text crawl.

Stop being a fucking ass. He had every right to say what was wrong with Luke. Luke is his fucking child, always has been. You don't know what his alternative would have been. We know the fuck all that is the Shit Awakens and we're all well aware of how Kathleen Kennedy, the fucking dyke cunt, will irreversible fuck star wars. So to say that his warnings and misgivings of this new fuck all series is at all wrong, tells me you're either a fucking shill, Kennedy herself, one of her dyke harem, or just an ignorant simpleton.

>Luke is his fucking child, always has been

It clearly wasn't because he had the same problems about his character with George in ROTJ

Don't you dare lessen his concerns because you want to defend the shit awakens. Don't you compare what George Lucas slaved over to the fuck that is this new series. They are not at all the same. And Mark's eye for his character has obviously evolved over these near forty years so don't you fucking dare compare his now concerns, the concerns of a seasoned story teller to the ones he had as a veritable novice to the craft. And that's not saying his idea for the character was at all, at fault. Because Lucas mentioned the clone wars in the first film so who knows what path the Jedi would have taken had Lucas taken up the clone idea again. We know the shit awakens was utter and complete dog shit, and now The Last Jedi will be dog shit. Fuck this series. I want it to burn for no other reason than for what that dyke bitch said, "I DON'T THINK I HAVE TO CATER TO THE MALE FANS OF STAR WARS WHEN STAR WARS CATERED TO THEM FOR FAR TOO LONG."
What a stupid fucking dyke she is. 70% of Star Wars fans are males Kennedy, you stupid dyke cunt!

Wow, thanks for telling me. I'll have to keep consuming Disneys fine products.

Oh boy, the disney marketers and their pol bogeyman are back on the menu boys.

Obnoxious SJW elements are the least of TFA's problems.

Says the WB shill

i just want rey to turn to the dark side and die, she has no depth and i hate her

Tomatometer Ranking of Star Wars Series Based on Critical Reaction During Original Release Dates:
*83% - Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
*79% - Star Wars
*65% - Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
*62% - Star wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
*52% - The Empire Strikes Back
*31% - Return of the Jedi”

Same. Let Finn take over from her

is this a copypasta

>movie with a Mary Sue protag
Abandon hope.

This

I guess it's pasta now.

When the critical and financial success it receives skyrockets and shitposting is reaching a zenith, will contrarians finally make the switch to "TFA wasn't that bad"? I'm ready for that day.

>TFA was a Star Wars movie
>TFA wasn't balls
LMAO

>tfw I can't decide what will be more entertaining: Going and seeing TLJ opening night with the family or staying on Sup Forums all night just read all the butthurt TLJ will generate

Don't you dare lessen his concerns because you want to defend the shit awakens. Don't you compare what George Lucas slaved over to the fuck that is this new series. They are not at all the same. And Mark's eye for his character has obviously evolved over these near forty years so don't you fucking dare compare his now concerns, the concerns of a seasoned story teller to the ones he had as a veritable novice to the craft. And that's not saying his idea for the character was at all, at fault. Because Lucas mentioned the clone wars in the first film so who knows what path the Jedi would have taken had Lucas taken up the clone idea again. We know the shit awakens was utter and complete dog shit, and now The Last Jedi will be dog shit. Fuck this series. I want it to burn for no other reason than for what that dyke bitch said, "I DON'T THINK I HAVE TO CATER TO THE MALE FANS OF STAR WARS WHEN STAR WARS CATERED TO THEM FOR FAR TOO LONG."
What a stupid fucking dyke she is. 70% of Star Wars fans are males Kennedy, you stupid dyke cunt!

>I pretty much fundamentally disagree with every choice you’ve made for this character.
>That's why I'm accepting a fat pay check to star in these new movies

you're very dedicated i'll give you that

Mark's probably contractually obligated to participate under threat of being sued by Disney.

>it's still a pointless Disney nu-Wars movie that didn't need to be made.
>he thinks there are movies that needed to be made

That nigga is putting out about 64 Mega-Auts of autism by my calculations captain

It's being handled by Kathleen Kennedy just like TFA

it'll be as good as the night trump got elected if the mongoloids in this thread are anything to go by

>Amazing movie

I love how you have it all figured out. Anyone that doesn't like the movie you liked is just a Sup Forumsack.

>most dreadful science fiction
listen, Ebert, it's science FANTASY. You got that?

>GB queefing sisters
lel

You fucking idiot. He didn't mention any sjw boogeyman. You are the only pathetic one here.

While we're ranking middle school style.
This is mine. Pls no hate.
IV = V > VI > VII >> R1 > I = III >> II

Nothing tops baby Luke.

i disagree

This we are sure:
>There is a white planet
>An AT-AT battle on white planet
>Mary Sue gets to train
Does this look familiar?

Rian also said

>we took inspiration from empire but didn't copy the look

it's happening again.

It's got little to do with director or cast. The main plot points/elements are chosen by execs and depends on what they expect will bring in the most revenue.
Stop living under the delusion that big budget movies of this caliber are made by anyone with passion for the craft or love for film making, most of the people in the credits never even meet each other and just work like they're on a conveyor belt.