"The Beach" is one of the worst avatar episodes, what the fuck were they thinking?

"The Beach" is one of the worst avatar episodes, what the fuck were they thinking?
It's so bad and so out of character it's literally a meme episode.
Why does S3 suck so much?

Also, ATLA thread because why not
sokkaxtoph OTP

I actually kind of liked the beach episode. Silly in some respects sure but I'd hardly rate it as one of the worst.

Its astounding how much of a faggot you can come off as with a few simple sentences.

which one was the worst?
I bet you're a Zutara faggot

Not them but clearly the Great Divide is the worst. That isn't even a debate.

Oh you're one of those guys.

Seriously it's like some dude thought that was a bad episode and then everyone followed for some goddamn reason.
The great divide is just yet another episode. If you really want a bad episode, you should watch Jet.

You sound like an awful faggot
>sokkaxtoph OTP
What a fucking surprise, and a cancerous shipper too.

They are both pretty mediocre but the great divide takes the prize for being the worst for me. At least Jet turns out to have some consequences further on. You can remove the great divide and lose exactly nothing from your experience of the show.

The painted lady has no repercussions either.

>character progression
>bad
dumb status quo poster

It was written by a woman that only even worked on that episode. That's why it's so strange.

This is the same as the people who say "Fly is the worst episode of Breaking Bad."

Literally the same thing and equally wrong.

Out of all 61 episodes, The Beach was Avatar: The Last Airbender's best episode because of sabisu, sabisu!
Why the fuck can't Bryke use anime tropes correctly? A TV series as long as ATLA should have had at least 5 fanservice-only episodes.

> supposedly a meme episode out of hate
> only thing people actually bitch about is korra
Shut up faggot

You are wrong.

>The Beach is terrible because everyone is so ooc

Does everyone forget that the main characters in Avatar are fucking children? Children tend to like to have a good time and hang out with one another.

The Beach was meant to show us that yes, the other side of the fence likes to relax and have a good time too or did everyone think that Azula just made evil plans all day?

Satan speaks truth!

The Beach was a good episode, but it being in the final season when people are expecting a lot more action and tension gave it a bad rep.

The Beach was blatant fanservice for the sake of fanservice and a desperate attempt to humanize a gang of villains after having completely forgotten to in the previous season. It was too little too late and rushed as hell because they were about to do the whole betrayal shit, that was handled badly anyways, to write them out of the finale.

The beach is bad because it has to ignore the show's world building to tell it's story. Also, because characters just say how they feel. You can't do that.

>people are expecting a lot more action and tension
Were they not paying attention to the Gaang fighting Combustion Man? That was one of the most "OH SHIT!" fights of the series.

Fly is the best!

It was attempted character progression, but it was bloated and rushed as blowing up a beached whale.

Zuko and the Aang Gang had plenty of time, trying to get these other 3 antagonists up to speed was an effort in futility and ironically felt like it slowed Zuko down as a result. Which might have been the point since he seemed to have lost all potential once he was dragged back into their self-destructive fold.

All in all I wouldn't say it was bad, just badly handled. They didn't have all day for these 3 though with all that eclipse, meteor, impending war bullshit on the horizon so what can you do?