Band of Brothers marathon on HBO

CONTRABAND

Daily reminder that Dick Winters is a cunt and a lot of Band of Brothers has been contradicted by other soldiers.

The reason he hated Sobel so.much was because he didn't think a Jew should be allowed to be a captain

source?

>called Band of Brothers
>not a single fuckin instrument

don't listen, he's one of those autists

they probably didn't like Winters because he was straight edge

>Sobel gives them top notch training that most likely saved their lives during the war
>talk shit about him in front of the world after he dies so he can't defend himself

Assholes.

A review of his book by a war historian. I'll try and find it in a minute

The Pacific is grittier.

Pegg and David Schwimmer went to be friends later on and work in different movies together.

I find it a bit strange friendship tho, but good for them.

Can't claim shit like this without having a source also, don't say "Daily reminder" when you're not reminding people daily.

I liked The Pacific but the pacing was too slow imo.

wtf I love Winters even more

You have to pay for The full essay so fuck that buts he's an abstract.

>Ambrose seemed to depend on two sources for his book, Lt. Winters, a legend in his own mind, and Pvt. Webster, a Harvard student who managed to remain a private throughout the war and who was a self professed gold brick. Their biased view of the war and company dominate the book. Capt. Sobel, who developed and nurtured the unit for two years as CO until being sabotaged by Winters and a few Non Coms does not get the credit he so clearly deserved. The reader is relieved when on page 156 Lt. Winters, who served as CO for a mere 3 months is bumped upstairs into a Battalion staff position where he served for most of the rest of the war. But no, his jaundiced view continues to pervade the book. The low point for this reader came when after Lt. Heyliger led a daring raid behind enemy lines and rescued 125 British troops, 5 American pilots and Dutch resistance fighters, Winters dismissed the heroics with "So what's the big deal?" (Page 164.)
So was Easy Company: A Band of Brothers-only in a severely dysfunctional family; the best unit in the Army-hardly; capture Hitler's Eagle Nest-only if one considers rolling in on trucks after the war and consuming all the booze in sight.
Easy Company was a good rifle company, but Ambrose's treatment, focusing as it does on Lt. Winters, hardly does it justice.

Pretty weak lmao

Could you guys keep it down?

Source?

>they're not even brothers

Who are you quoting? Why did you give no link? Are you in fucking middle school? How do you not know how to properly fucking source? Without a name and credentials you may has well just paraphrased it out of your ass.

Was it autism?

was 1940s anime on par with our modern standards?

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TWO DOING?

even if this is true he's right a jew shouldn't be a captain

Was this scene in The Pacific predicting the rise of anime waifuism?