Are Cyclops' beams always on, or just on and off beyond his control? It's something I was never sure about...

Are Cyclops' beams always on, or just on and off beyond his control? It's something I was never sure about, and I remember at least one comic where he gets healed and can turn them off.

Also, are they kinetic beams, laser beams, heat beams, or whatever the comic/Cyclops wants them to be at the moment?

They're punch beams from the punch dimension.

It's like he has two fist waiting to come out of his eye sockets when he opens his eyes

wasnt it canon a while ago that he mutated even further to where he can control them now?

>Getting rid of DADDY'S HOME

he suffered a head injury and that fucked with his powers

basically unless his eyes are closed or he's rocking his red shades or visor

that shit is on 24/7

kinetic iirc

Sorry, couldn't find it.

On a similar note, why and when did this happen?

I think it was he had even less control.
Like it came out in uncontrollable patterns or some shit.

Would Cyclops' beams work on a dead Cyclops?

>kinetic

so, does it just shoot "raw energy" or is this ever explained in a way that makes sense (ie. particles with mass)

>when did this happen?
Morrison's New X-Men.
>why
because Jean is a cunt a deserves to be dead and Cyke can do better than her.

>Jean is a cunt
>Emma somehow is not
her character is literally being a cunt.

Emma is upfront about being a cunt
Jean is a secret cunt

Punch dimension

Emma is an outfront cunt, Jean is an undercover cunt. Her cuntiness is on the sly

These guys get it.

After being taken over by Apocalypse Jean and Scott's relationship goes to shit and Jean refuses to read his mind to find out why. Emma starts a psychic affair with him and Jean finds out. Then a bunch of shit happens and the next time Jean and Scott are together she's dying of a magnetic stroke. This causes a bad future to happen because Scott quits so Phoenix Jean from beyond time forces Scott to start dating Emma so he sticks around and Beast doesn't go evil.

but Beast went evil anyway

My takeaway with them being concussive is it was essentially like and endless steel rail being launched out of Cyclops face at horrifying speeds. I mean they should honestly be shown as more deadly than they are most of the time.

What's with the pheonix? Is it true it's in love with Scott and that's why all the psychics in some way love him?

ive always understood it this way: they are on full power all the time, but if he lets it loose for a while, he eventually runs out of energy. when he runs out of energy he always closes his eyes, so im not sure what would happen if he left them open.

Nah, his mind is just "beautiful" to psychics. Probably helps that he has incredibly strong mental defenses thanks to training from Jean.

How is Cyclops able to control whether his beams bounce or not?
One minute he shoots at two squishy human mooks, and his beam bounces off one to hit the other, knocking them both out nonlethally. The next minute he shoots at a steel door and it crumples like paper, and his beam doesn't bounce at all.
I don't understand if it's something he decides to do when the beam leaves his eyes, or a property of the beam that it always bounces off some materials and not others.
Yeah yeah, it's a comic book, that's your answer to everything.

intensity and angling practice

>Yeah yeah, it's a comic book, that's your answer to everything.
but that IS the only answer you nitpicky faggot. How does Cap's shield loop around like a boomerang?
Turn off your autism. Cyke's power has always been incredibly inconsistent from writer to writer

Cyclops has super geometery powers.

Could Cylcops beat Black Bolt?

yep

depends, Black Bolt has the most overpowered ability, but lately he's been shit on and weakened by the writers.

Then again, no one has been getting dumped on by editorial lately more than Cyclops, and Marvel is still trying to push the Inhumans, so...

if the writer wants him to

I think to some degree Cyclops can control the intensity of his beam. He just can't turn it off completely.

He shouldn't be able to. Apart from the fact Black Bolt would only have to whisper, the guy also has a strong control over electromagnetism so essentially like Magneto could control Cyclops' beams.

His eyes are portals to another dimension filled to bursting with "raw energy" as you put it. So it pushes against things without pushing him since he is effectively a window, which is why his incredibly powerful kinetic beam doesn't snap his own neck.

Scott is down for the psychic affair because Jean tried to start up a physical affair with Wolverine. Why does everyone always ignore that bit?

Yeah...Jean must be pissed...

He dies. There's this great arc by Greg Pak (I think) where an evil Xavier scours the multiverse to find Cyclopses to kidnap to power a machine that keeps the Earth from falling apart.

>Magneto could control Cyclops' beams.
how the fuck does the master of magnet have any control over punch beams from the punch dimension?

The eye punches make noise, right? So shouldn't they always be making noise, even when he's wearing the visor, because he's still firing his beams into the visor?

>depends, Black Bolt has the most overpowered ability, but lately he's been shit on and weakened by the writers.
>used to be an attack that was barely used and finished pretty much everything, since he came back it has only worked on normal humans

>Then again, no one has been getting dumped on by editorial lately more than Cyclops

He will probably start fucking up his trick shots and missing sure hits.

So theoretically, cyclops could strap his eyes to a machine that would convert the kinetic energy into electricity and provide the world with free unlimited energy, but he's rather commit acts of mutant terrorism.

He was thinking of Ultimate Magneto