If you aren't watching all of this today, you are trash

If you aren't watching all of this today, you are trash

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biscari_massacre
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck off Zac

why would i watch it today

I watched it yesterday. Step up your game, OP.

because it's Memorial Day

I watched The Pacific yesterday

but I'm not American, or patriotic for that matter

How is The Pacific?

I started this show the other day and Im loving it so far, how does it compare?

IMO BoB is better.

The Pacific was trying to become off with a much darker tone, sometimes it works sometimes it just comes off as le edgy

the pacific > bob

but i have a job to go to.

IMO it's superior to BoB
Don't try to tell that kids that though but suddenly it's all Le Edgy and Le Contrarian nonsense
But it is the better series overall

Watching the Lost Battalion today. I love me some WW1 Kino

>you will never experience new yawk city bants with your fellow soldiers

over time the pacific has supplanted it for me. I love BoB but it can get a bit self-congratulatory. Mostly to do with how different the adapted sources are.

Well worth reading.

I second this. Very good book.

reminder he's Malarky

>you PEOPLE ARE AT THE POSITION OF ATTENTION

>MEMEmorial day
what a joke

a day where pretends to care about a bunch of dead soldiers who got suckered into dying for some assholes couldn't get along

Was there actually a correct answer or was it always a trick question?

I enjoyed it more than BoB

dropped it when the US soldier kills random german prisoners in cold blood with no consequences

it's more gritty than BOB, has a "everything fucking sucks for everyone and there's nothing glorious about war" feeling you get from nam films instead of the typical ww2 films.

the cons are that it attempts to mesh together 3 different books and stories and it just comes off as a mess. no time to get to know or care about any of the side characters with the exception of snafu. imagine if BOB kept switching perspectives from 101st to the 82nd and two or so random episodes with the big red 1.
personally i feel it also suffers from what most pacific theater media suffers from, green noise and jap rodents. the same everywhere scenery gets boring to look at and the inhuman suicidal enemy ceases to be a a terrifying threat and just comes off a a human sized pest after the 3rd or so screechy banzai charge.

it's a 7/10 at best for me personally.

>dropped it when the US soldier kills random german prisoners in cold blood with no consequences
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biscari_massacre

BoB is better when it comes to characters, Pacific if you want battle scenes.

>caring about SNAFU
From the moment I first heard him speak, I always hoped he died.

>implying there's anything wrong with killing prisoners

They're a waste of resources to keep alive

nothing wrong with killing prisoners who commited crimes

plenty wrong with killing POWs who were just fighting for their country and following orders

more like Band of Nu-males

>just fighting for their country and following orders

So is everyone else who was killed in the battle. Why should the quitters be spared?

We should encourage the enemy to surrender because it's better than the alternative (they continue to shoot at our soldiers).

I have never watched it
war is dumb
if u are a soldier u are the toys of an arrogant prick

Pacific is more brutal

Not that user but he grew on me.
I thought he was a cunt at the start but over time I started liking him despite his odd nature.
Almost made me feel as though it's a portrayal of your comrades in war, despite perhaps you wouldn't be friends with them had you met somewhere else, but your bond with them grows strong through the hardships you face, something that BoB didn't really portray since everyone seems to get along on way or another