Exosquad

If Exosquad was remade today, who would show it on TV? Netflix? Cartoon Network? What would change? Would you try to get back at least some of the old Voice Actors? And would it keep the dark tone or would it get darker?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j7V6YsGPAjU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What would change?
Depends on where it was shown:
> TV
lol, no not with todays SocJus warriors and dumb-as-bricks parents... or dumb-as-bricks children who simply wouldn't "get it" (WW2 in space) for that matter.

> Netflix
Plausibly nothing would change, except the overly "this is a toy we're selling please buy it" appearance of some/most things. It could become even more grim with actual blood /dismemberment /death gasp+face, instead of "get shot and then never get up"
Could actually get the alien invasion arc.

> Cartoon Network
RIP realistic graphical style, hello shitarts noodle limbs and flat colors with no shading or depth. Emotional depth replaced with shallow cliche and tryhard plotlines.

> Original VAs
Find closest matches, use the original VAs for cameos on other characters.

Exo Squad was remarkably cerebral for a 22 minute toy commercial. It got kind of dumb towards the end but a lot of the themes were pretty solid. It felt a lot more like they were fighting a war than, say, G.I. Joe did.

youtube.com/watch?v=j7V6YsGPAjU

>lol, no not with todays SocJus warriors

Are you serious? This is actually a pretty SJW-friendly premise with Phaeton being Space Hitler and a lot of the themes in general.

I totally missed that Noretti was Marsh's girlfriend when I was a kid.

>phaeton goes full hitler in his fuhrer bunker in downtown chicago
>gets psychic speared to death to spare the urf

that shit was totally rockin

it'd be boss if one of the networks geared toward older people would pick it up

ideally it'd be netflix, adult swim, or HBO

that way they could go full grit and american anime on it, but it'd never happen since nobody makes cartoons like this anymore

surprising, considering all the suits are circle jerking to the call of duty audience or whatever

it'd be like a michael bay animation

There's a good chance they'd just complain why the Neo Sapiens don't have hermaphrodites or aren't just asexual/genderfluid to begin with. They'd also complain about why there aren't any LGBT characters on the human side.

Exosquad is owned by Universal, which means it'd be animated by NBCUniversal Japan and aired on Hulu.

>Exo Squad was remarkably cerebral for a 22 minute toy commercial

Still can't get over that opening scene where they slaughter the crew of a ship, then plant explosives that detonate when the rescue team arrives.

No escape pods. No parachutes. No escaping at the last moment.

They just flat out killed people terrorist style. It's like Battlestar Galactica for kids.

Did you also miss Bronski's daytime drinking? There's a lot that, in retrospect, kinda makes you wonder how dumb you had to be to not recognize it at the time. Kids are stupid.

>Kids are naive and inexperienced.

One of those sources of a lot of my smart thoughts, specifically Algernon's ideas on gravity and art. Also Marsala's last campaign to give the Neo's breeding rights and capability.

Yeah. Dumb.

He was my favorite character and it broke my heart when the rocket launcher on my action figure broke and wouldn't shoot anymore. Apparently that thing was a piece of shit and they all broke.

This guy had the best toy. A claw, a disc launcher AND a spear launcher.

Also had this one, also a quality toy.

I generally bought them based on the number of things they could shoot. The more the better.

You'd probably have to get new VAs. Updated animation quality would be great. I'd try to keep the structure of the original show and tone. The show was sufficiently dark as it was.

>That realization that Bronski was the Carl of the show.

Kids wouldn't watch it

why not

Not enough memes and refferences

>Tell them Captain Marcus knew how to die!

Unless they interpret Neo Sapiens as non whites.
They will consider it to be offensive to portray minorities fighting oppressors as something negative.

Actually dealing with social justice issues isn't sufficient. You also have to be able to blame the white, male patriarchy.

Case in point. The SJWs gave ZERO fucks about Omega Men. Completely shut out of the Eisners as well.

The only thing I'd change would be the hairstyles.

They generally don't care about anything they harass and shame. They just want put feathers in their caps.

I wouldn't even change those.