Mindfucks

Post movies which mindfuck you and/or movies you did not understand

>Didn't understand EoE
come on man
For me, it was Holy Motors. Although I enjoyed what happened, I didn't understand why or what, exactly, happened in this film.

Well I understood the general plot but it was still a major mindfuck

It is the way it is told that confuses people. The things that take place aren't confusing themselves. I get getting mindraped. Once.

Tarkovsky's Stalker

>End of Evangelion
>mindfuck
Sup Forums rule no.2: You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

ZANKOKU

Reminder that most of Evangelion is only superficially deep and when you scratch the surface its just a run of the mill sci fi plot about space aliens

Reminder that any depth too Evangelion comes solely from the characters.

Not understanding a film often feels insulting. As if I wasn't smart enough to get it. But often times, the director's vision could be tied so much to personal experience or religious texts or historical events, that you really have to connect with the director to understand it. And even then, while every aspect of a film should be tailored to the message, it is impossible to do. Can the bad guys win with a character who does everything right? Does that mean the director is saying the bad guys were the correct ones? Or is he just trying to start a conversation? Am I supposed to analyze the plot metaphorically? Half of Antonioni's shit is about setting, but what if I never noticed that? Why am I not analyzing the costumes as closely as I am the camera movement?

And at what point do I just say, I shouldn't be thinking this much, the movie should come to me, like Hitchcock believed? That subconsciously all the parts will mold together in my brain and I'll get the feeling that was desired. Do I have to study the director to know how active I should be with the film?

So that's why we have all this postmodern/ironic shit, so we don't have to deal with the bullshit of art, but even that ends up feeling limited and unpractical.

Essentially, fuck movies.

And fuck 3 Women. It was just a dream anyway.

>Reminder that any depth too Evangelion comes solely from the characters.
And this is supposed to be a bad thing? Fucking plotfags

Another epic rotation spam thread, Sup Forumsedditor

What's Sup Forums got to do with it?

Few things are genuinely deep, especially anything of the modern period. Evangelion's strength is in how psychologically jarring it is to the first time viewer, hardly any other work of media has such a strong effect.

i'd say the lore gets pretty deep too, if you're into that sort of obnoxiously-complicated-not-completely-explained-without-side-material storylines

I didn't get Primer at first view desu

I didn't get Eraserhead, maybe it was made only for aesthetics and not for plot.

Like a cruel angel, young boy, become the legend!

For me, it is the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich.

"WTF IVE BEEN FUCKING MY OWN DAUGJTER???!"
-elderly boy

Just fatherhood and life stuff, not a big deal.