Watching cartoon

>watching cartoon
>women are all cute/sexy
>men are fat, ugly, or dopey looking
for what purpose

Other urls found in this thread:

nier.wikia.com/wiki/Kainé
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because viewers hate even female characters who are just mildly attractive, and blast the shit out of fat ugly and dopey looking ones. So if you want to make weird looking characters, you can only do so with the male ones. Osomatsu isn't out to be sexy, it's out to be funny, so the male characters all are funny-looking. But viewers don't like non-moe female characters, so they're still always pretty.

Because men are funny and easy to draw weird looking to make them funny, women have to be hot.

men still have value when they're ugly

Y-Yeah

The mother is goofy looking.

Keep telling yourself that.

DAYOONNN

Men are allowed range, women not so much. Men can be heroes, villains, and everything in between, it's easier to swallow. Look at all the talk for female heroes, now how about the villains?

>try to draw non fetishistic, weird looking women that fit the story all the time
>dudes are usually okay with it and don't really mind
>girls always go "I can't even tell that's supposed to be a girl, she's so ugly, make her prettier or something"

The reality is that as man is man's worst enemy, woman is woman's worst enemy.

I want to belive.

While this points at the paradox of modern media feminism, it overlooks a lot of shit.

Actually that seems to be changing.
With female characters used in more than token numbers, their ability to be more than -or less than- "girl" increases.
LoK has very flawed women. The Bei Fongs for example are all abrasive and reckless.
Then there is The Loud House, where the inadequacies and quirks of the female characters dominate the show.
SU has women in all shapes and sizes. From spindly to brawny, from slim to fat.
And they all have their problems. Especially Sadie. Like fuck, she is a walking, talking disaster.
She can't communicate with her mother, loves the worst asshat in town and would rather kill an invisible alien monster with a sharpened stick than stand on a stage.
Pearl is a co-dependent bundle of complexes, Amethyst is a childish slob with self-esteem problems, Garnet is a bipolar time-bomb that falls apart into lusting dwarves with extreme personalities, Peridot literally can't into social interactions and is an amoral creep half the time, Lapis is a selfish psychopath with a deep-seated hatred against everyone and everything...
Steven and Greg are probably the most well-adjusted and balanced personalities on the show.

This is true. Female on female bullying is fucking savage. I once witnessed a group of girls convince a fat week girl to walk around school in heavy makeup and "slut" written on her forehead, and even though she was bawling her eyes out, she still did it for their approval.

Girls have strong mind break game.

>LoK has very flawed women. The Bei Fongs for example are all abrasive and reckless
You are ignoring that they are all still very attractive which was the main point of the OP

sorry, what i meant to say is

they CAN still have value when they're ugly

But the Matsuno brothers are cute and sexy.
Okay, only Karamatsu... but still

the internet really plays to womens strengths in being terrible people

I've seen dudes in highschool do the same kind of shit to other dudes and sometimes even the ugly girls.

Kids are monsters no matter what gender.

Amen

>mfw venturing into /cgl/ any day of the week

OP's talking more about the designs of female characters. The Crystal gems have designs that stand out but still "feel" female in one way or another (except maybe Ruby, I thought she was male at first,) which is a step in the right direction but not quite there yet. Look at this pic, notice how despite it's out-there design it still has feminine attributes in it, whether it be the small twig arms, somewhat-wide hips or the thin waist.

Not popular enough and also primarily a cat.

Nah man. Nah. Dudes will best you up and at worse go over the line with an insult. Girls will keikaku your shit into oblivion. It's an intrinsic thing, guys don't have as much adaptability to social situations as women and thusly women have an enormous advantage that, willingly or not, they grossly overuse sometimes.

This is all relative to assholes, mind you.

The guys in LoK are all pretty hot too, though.
That kinda balances it out, I guess.
And many of the female cast are not very attractive. Sure, they are not deformed, but enough of them are rather bland, outside facial symmetry. And many of them are old and wrinkly, most more venerable than sexy.

But my point is not that these things magically disappear. Rather there seem to be gradients. And SU would be further along the line, allowing more extreme body types and physical imperfection.

the mom looks dopey
and to be fair Totoko is the only other female cast member unless if you count the cat popstar

>And SU
You people can't go into any thread without mentioning your precious show even once.

Yeah so it has nothing to do with the kind of the cartoons OP was talking about. Everyone in it is pretty hot and normal looking.

If this were true there would be no female standup comics.

>that one comic about the fema non raping her friend was actually from a real thread
>period blood recipes stealth fed to friends
>outrageous levels of deeply personal and sadistic insults that goes beyond shitposting
>all those posts about how how many fema non want to do guro shit to men
>Lolita dress public pissing

Cosplaying was a mistake

Sadie and her mother have a built like male Rugby players, though.
And Grannie Pizza is like a sausage with a hairdo.
The only make character reaching such physical extremes is Onion.

Man I wish that was true.

Now you're making me think about that one. The best example I could think of was Clem from Habits, but she's not mainstream either.

Women can bully other women with little risk to their safety unlike where taunting a dude could mean getting your teeth knocked out.

That image is bullshit because it ignores that Guybrush only exists as a parody of, ie, as a direct response to, the idealized male adventurer protagonist that is already prevalent in society.

No one is offended because you're already tucked in to this sweet, soft yet firm pillow full of legitimate studs.

female stand ups are pretty fucking awful to be fair

This is true, /cgl/ is rude as fuck. Have you fellas ever been to Strawberry chan (at least I think that's the name, its basically an all female chan) where most of the discussion is making fun of female lolcows? They are the meanest motherfuckers I've seen online, and I used to browse old Sup Forums.

Tumblr is also full of this, and I think its why SJWism is so strong there.

I don't know, maybe its a result of schools cracking down on fighting, but in my highschool the guys were just as cruel as the girls.

woosh

It would be a nice change of pace to see more ugly female characters that are as pathetic like the girl from Watamote, but I suppose that wouldn't go well with certain people. I've noticed even loser girls in western animation are better than average looking, and usually are hyper-intelligent to make up for their shitty social status.

>implying that there isn't already a shitload of tough female heros

>Modern guys
>Ever hitting women

Nice kneejerking. Look at a typical heroine like, say, Nancy Drew. Now imagine someone doing a parody where she's a bumbling incompetent clown. You'd get the exact backlash that the image is talking about.

whatcha talking about, the matsu are sexy AF

Watamote is objectively cute though. Pretty much for the purpose the author realize no one would read the story if it featured some fat ugly guy as the main character.

>Kaine from Neir, while not female, is still notable
... is he a trap?

trans

>(sans prime)

I don't get it.

>Female (As human)
>Intersex (As replicant)

nier.wikia.com/wiki/Kainé

what the fuck man

So that place is like a more vicious old Sup Forums?

Those are from relatively recent video games, I was talking about culture which is much older than that. Guybrush is a parody of those pirate book adventure protagonists more than just video games.

>Now imagine someone doing a parody where she's a bumbling incompetent clown.
I don't have to, there are several Kate Beaton comics with that literal exact premise.

Something new parodying something old. Although this is much newer than Guybrush.

If that were true I wouldn't be living off my parents, fapping to doujinshis for half of the day.

i disagree

so thi IS a thing in media but i dont know if Osumatsu is a good example of it

I think it's holdover when Sup Forums was still having some Other M fags trolling Metroid threads, I know it originally said Other M instead of Prime.

Visit for yourself, but yeah think of old Sup Forums but full of backstabbing twofaced women.

it was pretty common in cartoons from 50's

I'm confused yet aroused.

Yeah, but it's the [CURRENT YEAR] isn't it? So if you want to bitch about history you must also blame women for it, since they were part of it.

>period blood recipes stealth fed to friends

what the FUCK??

Guys in my high school did the same hyper gossipy passive aggressive bullying to both genders. Like fucking crazy, all the time.

Humans being of either gender are horrible, worthless, disgusting little creatures.

You're just mindlessly memeing at me. Please have an actual coherent point.

Dumb Nacy is great
id play the fuck outta a Dumb Nacy Game

I feel bad for straight guys who want some variety.

I need to search for more semi-lewd pics of Chibita.

So basically:

>fictional men can be almost anything
>fictional women can only be one thing

YOUR OPPRESSION OLYMPICS GOLD MEDAL IS IN THE MAIL, DUDES

The Darkengard+NieR series is a fucking trip.

A holdover from old time sexism against women that is now changing.

That's all.

yeah but you gotta value yourself too man

Shieeeh

Here have one from the goddamn master system.

There have been strong women prevalent in fiction for roughly the past seven thousand years. Because it's fiction. If it goes against culture it's controversial. If it doesn't, it's mainstream. But it never stops being a thing.

Sounds like you went to a school for queers

The cool thing about anime/manga is that there are a lot of them and they are not limited by politically correctness, modern feminists and other SJWs so you can find pretty much anything you might want. Want a show where men are cute/sexy while the girl is a scary/creepy/weirdo/ugly? You got it! Want a show magical girl show except with sexy guys instead of girls? You can bet! Want a show where girls wear full body armor with no exposed skin and kick monster ass? It was a hit!

Got me at the last one.

>Here have one from the goddamn master system.
An old video game is still newer than fucking pirate books from over a hundred years ago, if you think you're contradicting me then you don't understand what I was trying to say.

Guybrush is a parody of an old, established system. Everything you're showing me with these groundbreaking strong female women protagonists is from the past forty years, relatively recent by comparison.

By the time Monkey Island was first released, strong women protagonists would still be considered a novelty. So you wouldn't have parodies of them at the same time that Guybrush was new. But strong male protagonists were not novelties, they were the established order. So a parody of them is only natural.

Uh, look out everyone the MRAs have arrived

>Lolita dress public pissing
Where, please?

>Please have an actual coherent point.
My point is that women should calm their tits, when somewhere somehow a female being is portrayed as just human that isn't absolutely perfect and that this doesn't mean that they are being oppressed.

What is even your point?
It's bad that women are portrayed with explicit female traits?
It's bad that women are portrayed with explicit male traits?
It's bad that women are portrayed as something that either common or uncommon in society?
It's bad that women aren't portrayed at all?

You know what? Don't even tell me, because I don't even care about all those issues you have.

Okay wise guy, if the matsus are so ugly, why is there so much yaoi art of them?

Strong women are older than fucking pirate books. Have one example around 1000 years before pirates age.

>What is even your point?
That the Guybrush picture is stupid because of .

Who are you even talking to? It feels like you imagined some feminist strawman in my place and are throwing rehearsed counterarguments at it. I didn't say anything about women being oppressed or any of that shit you bulletpointed with such vigor.

Chibita lewds are rare, let me know when you find some

You can find yaoi art of anyone.

fanservice and comedy respectively

But this has nothing to do with rights activism.

Or are you such a sexist that you think men can't be SJWs too?

Yeah and two thousand years ago in Greece men fucked each other without issue, that doesn't mean there wasn't an age of oppression afterwards that affects people within the past hundred years.

It feels like you just want to make a "Gotcha!" post rather than actually discuss something relevant.

I don't get it, you want females to not look like females?

Guybrush is just an example to explain the concept, meanwhile you cling to that example because it's "dumb" while you completely ignore the concept it represents. You could do the fucking same thing with any other goofy male character.... like fucking "Goofy" for example.

being ugly is the biggest sin a woman could commit in (visual) fiction

Nah they were straight guys, think it's because you couldn't get away with violence, more middle to upper class, too.

Yeah you got me, when people made Guybrush, some Chinese folklore Westerners only know through a not-yet-released Disney movie was definitely deeply ingrained in the target audience's minds.

I'm trying to talk about a specific society here, where a specific game was made.

>Guybrush is just an example to explain the concept
And it's a retarded example.

>meanwhile you cling to that example because it's "dumb"
No, I'm responding to it because that's the one that got used. Maybe make a new picture instead of memeing it up with a retarded one.

>I didn't say anything about women being oppressed.
True, but it's being implied in the Guybrush pic and that's what you are talking about or not?

>Dumb Nancy examples
1-off gag comics are barely comparable to an entire series of popular games with fleshed-out stories.

>I was talking about culture which is much older than that.
So what's the point, besides complaining that stuff was different in the past? If anything from modern culture is off-limits, then you're just navelgazing.

I think older cartoons have a larger variety of different looking women.

I've been to that chan. The femanons who post there are fucking crazy —they basically rip apart anyone who isn't a 10/10. Some of them even endorse plastic surgery, it's horrible.

that makes more sense. In inner city school, boys just beat you up and talk shit to your face instead of gossiping behind your back.

You could parody an idealized male adventurer protagonist with a female character just as easily, because the main point is that the character is inherently unsuited for the role they're trying to be. The problem is that if you tried to do it with a woman, people would read a message into it that she's incompetent BECAUSE she's not a man.

What's being implied in the Guybrush picture is that no one cares about men, boo fucking hoo, while women get free passes because chicks get offended unless presented as perfect.

Which is bullshit for two reasons, one being that right now we have many imperfect female characters that are widely embraced by women, and two, Guybrush was made in a specific period responding to a specific culture as a parody would where guys were depicted as perfect and women in that role were treated as a novelty, EVEN IF they actually weren't halfway across the world two thousand years ago, that doesn't matter because the target audience doesn't know that so that's why they would treat women protagonists as a novelty.

But now they're not considered a novelty so you see more "Galbrush"-esque characters than during the specific period when Guybrush was made.

>And it's a retarded example.
Well, that's just your opinion.

>Maybe make a new picture instead of memeing it up with a retarded one.
1.I didn't created that pic.
2.You are the one who has a "problem" with that pic, so come up with a better one by yourself, that also has that fitting "Guy/Gal" gimmick in the name.

That's just not true anymore, we're no.

I mean fuck even a shitty cartoon like Teen Titans Go! has incompetent female characters that kids of both genders fucking adore because it's Teen Titans Go! YOUR NEW FAVORITE SHOW.