How butthurt is Alan Moore right now?

How butthurt is Alan Moore right now?

He's probably recording it right now, sitting in a stuffy old arm chair hateful wizard that he is.

Who gives a shit?

I doubt he cares about that.
Probably more about the fact that people probably won't leave him alone about it.

What isn't Alan Moore butthurt about?

Why would he get mad at this?

DC wasn't supposed to use his characters.

He's basically said he doesn't give a fuck. And if anything, DC is proving his assertion that they're creatively bankrupt correct by referencing a decades old comic for their Big Event #432.

Like he's not butthurt over the Before Watchman series, the multiple times they've released Watchmen in a million collectors editions and the movie.

"We're being watched"
I bet they thought this was subtle.

It is written by Geoff motherfucking Johns, he'd think flashing neon is a subtle way to get the point across.

LOVE AND HOPE WILL WIN AGAINST YOUR DARKNESS AND PESSIMISM, DOCTOR MOST POPULATED BOROUGH OF NEW YORK CITY!

kek

wouldn't he be happy that someone is trying to bring the hopeful and heroic aspect back to DC?

>When we're being watched just right

by using his characters as a retarded scapegoat? sure

>implying Alan Moore feels happiness

That's implying that it ever left and Rebirth isn't just a rag made to pander to the nostalgia of an aging consumer base.

Moore should get back at DC by writing a marvel crossover event

>his characters
You mean DC's characters that Moore willingly said they could do whatever they want with when by signing the contract?

It was inevitable. If not now, twenty years from now.

They were supposed to go back to him, but DC used the printing loophole to keep them.

I don't care if Alan Moore feels bad. He probably doesn't. He's probably high as shit right now

It's what Moore has been complaining about for 20 years but no.

>loophole
You make it sound like they were SUPER fucking tricky about it or something. It was right there in the contract, as long as it's in print then they own it. It was super popular so they've kept in in print. Nothing underhanded whatsoever.

Moore shouldn't have agreed to it if he wasn't happy with it.

Keeping an evergreen title in print isn't really all that nefarious.

A TPB being reprinted continuously was completely unprecedented back then though.

I just don't understand why Moore signed sa contract that said "You will get these guys back when it goes out of print" and then try and write the best Superhero comic of all time.

He was either short sighted, high as fuck or didn't back himself enough. He should have taken a lawyer

But it's now common practice. DC were just ahead of the curve.

It is now, but getting the rights back when it goes out of print was completely reasonable pre-Watchmen/TPB boom.

This raises an interesting question. If, for whatever reason, Watchmen stops being printed in the next few years, does DC get to keep using the characters in their other works?

Is it specifically for the Watchmen book is do the characters have to be in use for DC to keep the rights.

After dealing with 2000AD Moore should have been more savvy than this. For a smart guy he seems like a fucking dumbass

I don't know the specifics of the contract, but I'd assume they wouldn't be able to use them in further publications.

He was high on mushrooms when he signed his contract

i can't wait for him to publish an essay where he explains why he doesn't give a fuck

he may not be mad at all if he gets it the thing is Watchmen was a rip on comic book legacy and characters at the time and it ended up creating this edgy trend in comics that alan moore hated

now it's time for comics to rip on watchmen and what it did to comic books to try and win back that hope and joy that was around before watchmen made everything so grimdark and serious buisness all the time

I'm hoping this is what they'll actually do with the introduction of Watchmen into the multiverse.

But most big events by either company aren't very good. So I have my doubts.

I would honestly not be surprised if Moore literally tried to curse Johns.
Like, sacrifice a chicken and say his name backwards or something,