Traditional house thread

Ladies and gentleman,this is what a traditional malay house looks like,it's 100% organic,unlike modern degenerate house.

Let's see what's your country traditional house looks like.

Other urls found in this thread:

fb.com/ethnichomesandgardens/
youtube.com/watch?v=8lti9K3Mmt4
betootaadvocate.com/humans-of-betoota/local-greek-installs-fibreglass-pillars-heavily-concreted-front-porch-just-like-athens/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>mfw my house is worse than that

*releases a jar of termites*
nothin personnel kiddo

*blocks your path*

>rolls pangolins
Nothing personal ants.
Also rock Cengal or Cengal tree that is sufficiently old enough is too hard for any termites and used for the beams. Planks can use treated wood or wood plastic composite that is immune to humidity and termites.

Even during monsoon rains?

Actually the visaayan/mindanao provinces uses the combination of that it really is the closest thing

how do people live in this shit

Its still better than a typical HDB flat

t. Jose Aquino
Low-quality HDBs are awful but nowhere near that

Yes, cengal is the strongest wood available in the entire Malaysian rainforest and probably the world since its harder than termite teeth. Problem is you need half a century before harvest.
Wood plastic composite is much cheaper sence its plastic binder,sawdust and powdered rice husk but we are still examining with additives since it gives the smell of dried fish after injection moulding.

my ancestors :)

If we're talking right off the boat 1750 it would be this. Otherwise it's a Colonial house.

My mom really loves korean house (pic related),not the normie type that you post.i blame k-drama for this

"user you should keep money from now on so you can build a korean house"
>mfw

Do you live under a bridge in Klang river or something?

looks too simple.American old house looks more aesthetic .The porch is really nice.

Made of adobe.

penang bridge m8

Well the sea gypsies managed to live in the sea, as terrible as that is it still probably have a water tap and electricity to play Dota.

Isn't Penang bridge haunted?
Folks who go angling at its pillars past midnight always have stories of hearing the sound of something falling and hitting the water surface.

always read du'a before sleep to prevent djinn and devil to fuck your ass.

>hearing the sound of something falling and hitting the water surface.
that's the sound of people jumping from the bridge to commit suicide.You should join them user .

>saved
mashALLAH what a handsome frenchman

Since i live in a city (Tucuman, North of Argentina) and my nation is relatively "new" i'll post related. They used to look like this.

Post house
I was in Penang visiting grandparents a few weeks ago, there's awful houses but didn't see anything that bad

not my house but it looks exactly like this.It's a nice neighborhood tho.My chinks neighbor are friendly too.
>mfw malay people hates me although i'm malay

That isn't anywhere as awful as you said it is amigo

It's awful,from the inside.

Clean your house then

>His house doesn't have a fluffy head of hair

Thatched roofs are more common in more pastoral areas where there's lots of grass to redo the roof with

My Mom used to live in the house similar to this when she was young.

Amerindian house. Ngobe Bugle to be specific.

Kuna house

traditional Hungarian village

Embera Wounaan house

Then you have the Casa de Quincha which is more traditional of the country people in rural areas.

Looks comfy, but why would you build on stilts if there isn't going to be a flood?

Such a Southeast Asia spirit.

Lmao that's a drug addict's hut

keep snakes out?

I love that one, I have it as a wallpaper.
Here's a traditional alpine house. There are different kinds of traditional houses depending on the region (eastern ones often have straw roofs). Here, they went from building entirely with wood to this kind of construction to prevent potential fires from spreading too much.

Not really, 40 years ago it's average Vietnamese house.

Pic related is the traditional village house from my area
Cramped streets with medieval houses made of stone. The use of volcanic rock is also pretty typical. It’s charming but the houses tend to be rather small for modern standards and are a pain in the ass to heat in their original state.

Posting the upscale one

Ordinary one

Do you still ask your local shaman or whatever how your house should be built?
I’ve heard you have a complex system of belief when it comes to designing your homes

Yes I think that's common thing in southeast Asia

Weird

Souns interesting.
What is important about building your new home?

Here traditional folk belief is that homes buildt in a strict north-south axis are more comfortable and that you should not build on places with underground rivers or magnetic minerals in the earth below.

>complex system of belief.
We called it ancient engineering.

>the house must face the direction of wind
>house must be built on healthy soil so you can plant herbs/trees/flowers
>Malay house tends to have some kinds of wood carving on the window/door for aesthetics value.Carving like arabic caligraphy,geometri and plants are very common.Looks nice too.
>House were built with the help of local people so a harmonious community exists and as a proof that malay people are not /r9k/ loser.

too bad modern malay people will never be the same like old ones....

Emirati barajeel (wind tower) house

Coastal wind-tower thatch house

damn,looks cool...they built it with clay mud?

Sandstone and clay mix I think

I bet that would work just perfectly in here

A very nice countryside house.

basically English but raised off the ground to avoid termites

doesnt this make the house easy to attack?
Enemies can just go under the house and set a fire.

We have a lot of beautiful towns with german architecture. Slovak populations mostly lived in wooden houses calles "drevenica". People used to paint on them in some villages like pic related.

just got this beauty for the low price of 100k Euro

Interesting fact: Slovaks also built wooden churches. This one is in gothic style built around 1500 AD.

fb.com/ethnichomesandgardens/

wog architecture

>sweden
>euro

I bet that cost 200 000kr

>concrete where grass should be

Why does EVERY fucking wog do this shit

youtube.com/watch?v=8lti9K3Mmt4
who understands the ways of the wog m8

Carving is expensive and time consuming, cengal is rather rare these days and the craftmen who can build these houses without any nails are mostly long dead. Its pointless to train any new ones when bangladeshis can pile bricks for much cheaper.
We live right on the path of monsoon winds moving towards the equator so flood is a major concern along with the waterborne disease it brings. Monsoon bring floods to the flat rice fields all the time so you want a stilt with a raft under your house plus it provides ventilation. Some are also built with slots underneath so you just get the village to put a log on the slots then lift the house part by part somewhere else.

Holy fuck, that house is peak wog

Most old houses are built from stone like that

But now we mostly have concrete fortresses that can withstand katyushas

It's level 1 easy.Just put a spark of fire and you'll have a barbeque party. Amerimutt soldier did this all the time in vietnam (pic related)

but people back then were taught to do good to everyone tho..It's very hard to make enemies..

""Inhabitants of Malacca, the best speakers, the most polite and the most amorous of the East Indies." -Jan Huyghen van Linschoten

>can withstand katyushka
Palestinian rockets is weak,not even close to russian rockets.

Maybe they don't want to step on a bunch of sneks and spidors every time they leave the house

>not even close to russian rockets.

Who do you think supplies Arabs with rockets?

wtf is this phenomenon?

it's what happens when sicilians suddenly find themselves earning a first world wage and can buy whatever they want

betootaadvocate.com/humans-of-betoota/local-greek-installs-fibreglass-pillars-heavily-concreted-front-porch-just-like-athens/

Nothing wrong with a bit of decoration.

we like to say the wogs came, saw and concreted

>I will never own a house

You have some seriously cheap big houses in flyover states, here it's expensive as fuck even in shitty peripheral towns.