Get me a clean spoon

Get me a clean spoon.

This movie was really that bad? I mean, people aways say about how this is a insult to the cartoon.
But i see no difference

Funnily enough Doug said the same thing: the movie IS bad, but so is the cartoon.

i thought it was great. then again, like any sane person, i hated the cartoon. whereas this movie did some clever stuff with it. gave it a proper plot outside of what you'd find in a brain-dead 50s blue-collar sitcom, even gave it an ending that solves the setting of the show entirely by ending the stone age. no room left for an unnecessary sequel (not that that stopped them)
and the b-52s were great
and hey halle berry was hot

Oh boy, a Flintstones movie thread.

The movie's writing is pretty faithful to the original series. Maybe the fact that it's live action that's trying so hard to look like a cartoon hits the uncanny valley for some people? Or the fact that the set design is so over-the-top that it's almost making fun of the cartoon for being cartoony?

#GiveFredACleanSpoon

no more john goodman face

Casting Rosie O'Donnell was a fucking travesty

Badabba doo.

Did cartoon Fred ever achieved those levels of asshole dickery towards Barney?

>one of the sexiest cartoon characters of all time
>cast a fat bull-dyke to play her
Life is suffering.

I barely remember this film from childhood. I know I didn't see it in theaters, though. All I can remember are some of the stars... John Goodman, Rosie O'Donnell, Rick Moranis, Kyle MacLachlan, Halle Berry, Elizabeth Taylor... Other than that, all I remember is thinking at 6 or 7 that Rick Moranis looked too skinny for Barney and Rosie O'Donnell looked too fat for Betty. And somehow, repeating "It's a living" became a personal meme for a few years between me and my brother.

Should I be ashamed that when I was younger, I liked Rosie's thicc milfy body and thought her voice was cute

I wouldn't necessarily be ashamed... just disappointed.

why so igneous?

>Coming soon to a "Why did I save this?" thread near you

It's simple: we kill the Bam Bam

What's with everyone shitting on the Flintstones all of a sudden? It wasn't the greatest sitcom but it wasn't bad, and certainly bad enough to get hate.

Bedrock deserves a better class of bowler?