HOLY SHIT I just realized they had 52 issues before Rebirth

HOLY SHIT I just realized they had 52 issues before Rebirth
Is it bad that it took me this long?

More if you count the #0 issues and the Villains Month issues, but whatever.

No.

Because nobody counts their comics except for nerds.

Hypercrisis

Yeah.

Batman had 52 normally numbered issues, plus a 0, plus 4 villains month issues, plus a futures end issue, plus 4 annuals, so 62 in total (holy shit, there was a 4th annual? Do I have it and just forgot about it?)

>Is it bad that it took me this long?

...yeah. I mean, did you not read a single issue from a series that went to 52?

Plus, there was a small amount of noise made about the variant covers for series that went to #52, where they'd homage the original #1s.

I like how Johns failed so hard as a JL writter that he didnt make it until the issue #52.

It's a testament to how terrible that run was

New 52 was a modern update on the New Coke strategy. Consumers were bored with the Old Coke. In comes New Coke. People hate it, demand that the old one return. Old Coke returns, formerly lackluster consumer base rejoices and sales hit new levels.

Tell me that is the what DC just pulled.

Why DC is so obssessed with the number 52?

There are fifty-two weeks in a year.

They're not going back to coke classic, they're keeping new coke and adding a couple of ingredients from coke classic, but not going all the way back.

Because it's the same number of DiCks. your mother took last night.

>May 25
>25 is 52 backwards

52 weeks in a year. DC is a comic book company that publishes new material every week of the year.

As for the "obsession", I think it mostly just came from the series 52, which then led to Countdown (to Final Crisis). Because various big names worked on both series, it's become an internal "meme".

DC had a very successful series that took place after one of their crossover events (I forget which one). They've been trying to cash in on the brand ever since. New 52 is just the most blatant so far.

It goes way back.

At least JL got to #52, even if two other writers did it for him

oh snap
also checked

The overt usage of the number 52 does stem from the series "52", in which the number and sets of 52 was a staple across the books. Ever since then, it's been integrated across the DC lore, from the comics to the TV shows.

A number of other coincidences have also been discovered, such as ("The Flash" #123, the first confirmed appearance of the DC Multiverse) and noteworthy events happening 52 minutes into the DCEU films and older non-DCEU films, which suggest the Hypercrisis having always had a plan for the number 52.

Is that killer croc?
what did I miss?

yes

he's in the suicide squad movie so he's in the suicide squad book after rebirth

Not really. Don't you think you're going a bit fast there, sport?