How are you physically preparing yourself for the big day?

How are you physically preparing yourself for the big day?

Me:
>run a lot, up to 5 times per week
>twice a week weightraining, with focus on big lifts and bodyweight exercizes
>swim or cycle when I don't feel like running

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0EygqL--RW4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

doesn't change the fact that you don't have guns.

That's very true

Weights twice a week?
What are you? Some kind of fag?

Squat and ohp low volume high frequency, and strait legged deds rows and pull ups high frequency high volume. I will begin running and quit smoking cigs one of these days.

Faggots run and lift only a couple time a week.
What you want are at least 4 days lift and HIIT (sprints)

200 pushups everyday
160 bicep curls
riding a bike
150 squats

all of this (except bike riding) while i cook my turkey, bacon, egg and steam vegetables breakfast

Shooting range

Cardio and speed are more important than pure strenght. You need to find the equilibrium. I want to have a great stamina and be stronger than the average guy. I don't want to be an oversized slow muscle

Cardio is shit, short sprints give you more stamina and more benefits.

I do something similar

200 squats
200 sit ups
5 minutes of shadow boxing
500 light punches on the bag
5 minutes of wall sits
100 situps in between all of the other exercises

>4 days a week of weight lifting
>30 minutes of cardio daily
I stay the fuck away from /fit/ though, place is cancerous as fuck. Bunch of closeted men trying trying to make each other feel insecure about pretty much everything.

Post your HIIT routine

mah nigga

this

while what you say is important, in the end that speed will only help you escape a problem bigger than you
I would say get a bit overweight, then start doing some cardio to ton your muscles

no point in throwing 2 punches quick as lightning and weak as nuddles
when you can hit just once, one time, one good punch

i only do HIIT on a bike, totally kills the legs and makes them insanely big and strong

i don't do HIIT on upper body, I do just heavy lifting with proper form

you couldn't be a big slow guy even if you wanted to

I think you are underestimating how much those guys put in to get big

>short sprints give you more stamina

They don't. They increase your cardiovascular fitness quicker but if you want to be able to run or cycle for long periods you have to run and cycle for long periods.

I've lost about 50 lbs over the past 2 years and am no longer considered obese, so that's good. I feel better than I ever have before and I'm a lot stronger now too. Still have to lose about 40 lbs or so to get to a normal weight, hopefully I can keep it up.

Belgium has 17.2 guns per capita.
>falling for Americuck gun maymays
Shiggy.

This. Muscular guys can be fast, but they become exhausted long before smaller guys who trained in endurance.

t. guy who trained strength and got btfo in endurance

Keep it up lad

I try to work out but I'm a fucking skeleton.

Don't think I'll ever be able to be strong enough to fight.

>hey guys I lift xD

This. I used to be a competitive sprinter for years, and my long distance runs were just average. Now that I quit sprinting and just took up long distance running, they have gone up significantly. My speed and power must have declined but I am minimizing the damage by hitting the weights.

The general rule is the following:

>sprint training
speed and strenght go up; endurance goes down

>long distance running
endurance goes up; speed goes down

Again, it's all a matter of finding an equilibrium. You want to be fast, strong, explosive and have a great stamina

You can be strong and still have endurance. Look at the CF guys running decent mile times who still have respectable super totals.

I mean, they're on all kinds of gear, but it's possible.

It'll take years for you to be that big if you have only been lifting 2/week

Weightlifting 4x a week
Jujitsu 2x a week

Need to start doing cardio again too.

Bulking right now.
Lifting.
For cardio
Row 1000m under 4:30.
Run 3,35 under 18:33 with 3 min warm up walk.
Am pretty fit desu.

Good row time there, what's your split?

i sit calmly in my chair, thinking up stuff

eat more and start lifting

I don't want to be big. I just want to be able to lift as weight much as possible for a designated bodyweight. So I want to maximize my strenght, withouth gaining any weight. I don't give a fuck about being big and aesthetic, all I care about is having a low BF%.

Airsoft in UK doesn't count

I need advice on shaping up Sup Forums. I'm a total waste right now, I'm 195 tall and weight 90 kilos of fluffy fat
What should i start with?

You won't build strength beyond noob gains without eating.

>not becoming a strongman

You don't know what I'd give to see mountains of men in Lederhosen ripping off refugee heads with their bare hands famalam

Lift four days a week

Squats erry day
Core erry day
Back erry day
Alternate chest and shoulders

Oh well my lifts are fine. I weigh 75kg at 183cm.

Squat 120
Deadlift 140
Bench 95

Yeah, a big guy would probably laugh at this. Yet again, I would dry him off with my cardio

30*3 push ups, 3*8 pull ups. 75 sit ups. Can you do that?

monday: deadlifts, bench press, supinating and hammer curls

wednesday: squats, overhead press, lateral dumbbell raises and tricep extensions

thursday: 16km bike cycle

friday: leg raises, reverse crunches, crunches

saturday: 16km bike cycle

also used to do burpees but stopped for a while

oh yeah, also forgot on wednesday: pullups and chinups

that your working weight or one rep maxes?

How long have you been lifting? Those aren't great and at that height you should shoot for 85kg bodyweight.

ok show pix rambo

>the big day

You mean 'The Day of the Rope'

1RM

Two years ago I was roughly at 85kg, and my lifts were a lot higher. But I decided to focus more on cardio and bodyweight exercizes

at work, don't have any recent pics, and even if I did, why would you need em?

ah, nice work dude, for that weight your lifts are bretty good

Fair enough if cardio is your goal, but your deadlift should be a lot higher, at least 160.

How much would the required equipment cost me? I live in a very rural area in castille atm so I can't really hit the gym

I can do the sit ups alright and most of the pull ups but I can't for the life of me go over 15 push ups

I was jogging for ages and my ankle got very fucked, doctor just said it was sprained, to rest and it would heal. Took 3 months and I got a bit fat. The pain has finally started to go away in the last couple of weeks.

I don't know if I want to go jogging again, or any cardio. Maybe I'll buy a cross trainer. I want to do something. Recently I've just been eating less and lost a few pounds, but I'm getting pissed off with my weight.

The fuck Belgium?

Are you a female?

i NEVER workout and still last time i hit the bench (bout 2-4months ago) i warmed up with about twice that. (180)

Im also 6'3 though.

Oh right.

Decent home gym set up with run you €1k new, not sure what your prices are second hand.

If you just want to get 'in shape' get a bike and do sprints. Get a dips belt, some kettlebells and a pullup bar.

Do things like split squats and pistol squats with the bells for legs
Weighted pullups, bench rows and RDL for back
Standing press for shoulders
Floor press and weighted pushups for chest
Russian twists and Turkish getups for core

Thanks mateys

All you need to build your home gym is a squat rack, a bench, an olympic bar and enough plates. You can get all of these for about 1000-1500 euros.
But I would rather go for a gym membership. How close is the nearest gym? I find that working out in public places like a gym is more motivating than all alone at home

Those are clearly KG bruv.

You do not bench 4pl8.

>Lifting makes you a better fighter

Nice meme.

Some of the most savage soldiers I've known are skinny DYEL-lookin guys but they killed without remorse.

GOMAD was made for people like you

drink whole milk and do squats pussy

how much do i have to deadlift to be ready for the day of the rope

They're not mutually exclusive. Weight training will improve your ability as a fighter, it's a good supplement.

Only faggots workout

/fit
You don't put any gains German cuck eating healthy is for girls fat is your best friend carbs heavy weights and working out 4-5x a week

Running and eating steamed celery with diet cum sauce is for females

you will be ready once you are lift 5 dead niggers on a daily basis

>How are you physically preparing yourself for the big day?

By eating cake and shitposting on Sup Forums.

>/fit/ is for fat losers or faggots to go find pics to jerk off to. The whole board has this gay vibe to it.

glad to see that pol lifts. Dont get too much into numbers tho. It is all about that neural linking. Dont be afraid to learn new movements. Do more improvised movements like dancing or mma thingy.

Being a woodcutter (1/4th mechanised), too lazy for running.

Don't listen to these guys, if you don't do any exercise right now you'll just waste money. You don't need equipment to start out, you'll need it only when you're maxed out.
Look up exercises using just your body weight and do those first.

Thanks, appreciate it

The drive to the closest bigger town is a bit under two hours but you're right about the motivation thing so it might be worth it

>herniated disc
>torn meniscus
>elbow issues
>sprained foot
>malfunctioning scapula

But every day, fuck yeah. Take fighting classes or just box/wrestle with friends too, though. Strength is worthless if you're not desensitized to getting hit.

>be narcisstic weightlifter
>get KTFO by scrawny boxer in one punch

Lifting alone is pretty worthless. And a coked up muslim with a knife won't be scared by your biceps. You don't win a fight by lifting the other guy up. If you're not training atleast one proper martial art you are still average.

Strength, Endurance, and just general fitness is for those times inbetween fighting more than anything else. You have to be strong to keep going.

Learning Krav maga

OP, could you give me some running advice? I'm sure this is pretty woeful but I have never before into running
>I can sprint at about 17-18 kmph for about 30 secs-1 minute
>I can run for ten minutes or so at 11-12 kmph (so 2km at about 11 minutes)
My goal is to manage 1.5 miles in ten minutes, which would require an average speed of 14.5 I think. What's the best way to improve?

Regarding the thread question, I tend to go to the gym twice a week, sometimes three, starting on the cardio above, before moving onto weights focusing on increasing strength. Been back into it about two months, starting a creatine cycle next week. In addition to the two-three I also have one day a week with a personal trainer for an intense 45 minute workout that involves all kinds of things but very little rest. It tends to be resistance with high reps and no breaks.

2 time a week.is not enough.for strength
Read starting strength.my mark rippettoe

This is why I don't do any sort of martial arts.

I took karate for 3 months and I was really dinged up afterwards from light sparring/drills

Sore wrists and elbows, knee etc.

I think the best tactic is to *LOOK* like someone you don't want to fuck with via muscle building while still knowing the fundamentals of how to throw a punch

>180
burger pls, you're the only one in the world using arbitrary retarded rollercoaster system, think everyone uses it and refuse to understand there is a metric system

Makes about 80kgs polska.

Keep it under 2:20 and you will do just fine.

Hah, 2:47 at the moment. Long way to go.

Is it a better idea to prioritize endurance over strenght/explosiveness than viceversa?

I think they are both important. No matter how strong you are if you are not quick enough or have low endurance you are basically fucked.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=0EygqL--RW4

what are your priorities? if you're relatively new to training in general, you can work on both if you give yourself plenty of time to recover

>Tiny fag punches at Sanic speeds
>Can outlast you whilst fastrolling in every direction
>Grapple him
>Snap his limbs like bamboo in typhoon

I know that. I'm laughing at the fact, that when Belgium said 95 bench, the burger automatically assumed he meant lbs so it seemed low for him, then throws his 180 without stopping for a second and realising Belgium used kgs.