Hellboy 3 will never happen

> Hellboy 3 will never happen

It hurts, especially after the high note 2 ended on.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gfcVILyrglY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=MRKEpWFVXZM
youtube.com/watch?v=JdAzLjhojtM
youtube.com/watch?v=xS47u19j4u4
youtube.com/watch?v=8ZHDaQpYJo4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=qSzzw1y2I38
mega.nz/#F!fNZmmC4D!HyV78B7Y0MV-jz2xbFaNfA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are you sure? Superhero movies are more popular now than they were when the original Hellboy films were released.

It doesnt happen without Ron Perlman and Guillermo del Toro, and they're both getting old, and GDT has a problem with getting movies made.

>Lobster was going to apear on the sequel.

Hellboy is barely superhero stuff, and considering how
A. Perlman is getting way too old to do the role
B. The story will have to have some actual moral ambiguity unlike most superhero movies

And it's easy to see why studios aren't chomping at the bit. Legendary are cool, and I'm sure they want to do another movie, but they need to do it sooner rather than later.

So what's gonna happen to him after this next issue of HiH?

Is there any other actor caveman enough to play a big red monkey if Perlman's too old?

> (OP)
>Is there any other actor caveman enough to play a big red monkey if Perlman's too old?

Not really. The young crop of actors are all namby-pamby little faggots. The biggest guy of the lot of them is maybe that kid who played Adam in that stupid live-action bionic superhero show on Disney.

He's not really THAT old... and a good Hellboy movie doesnt really involve perlman himself having to do a bunch of crazyass stunts. The problem is that guillermo del toro ties himself up with so many god damn projects that he never finishes the thing will never get made, and to do it without him directing would just be stupid.

>actor is too old
>to play a role that requires nothing physical from him other than sitting in a make up chair for a long time

You people are stupid.

So who would play this loveable homunculus in the awesome movies we'll never see happen?

Tom Hanks

Woody Harrelson.

>They could just make an animated film
>It wouldn't sell except on straight-to-DVD

>It hurts, especially after the high note 2 ended on.
youtu.be/gfcVILyrglY

I never thought I'd be laughing during a GDT movie but this scene and the ending had me grinning.

> Nono, my body is a temp-
> Nope, you're in love, it's an amusement park now. 'Can't Smile Without You'? Yep, I'm gonna need a beer too.

The romance with Liz always rubbed me the wrong way. And the secret war thing. Hellboy's been on the cover of Time twice

So did the needless addition of Meyers. I hate audience stand-in characters. Glad he disappears before the second movie starts

>especially after the high note 2 ended on
after that baby catch scene?

The Rock.

just let someone make a hellboy >anime

it's the only way.

>I hate audience stand-in characters.

I especially hate audience stand-in characters trying to steal the romantic interest. Doesn't help when they needlessly created the romantic interest-angle just to facilitate it.

>mfw a movie ending with the Ghost of the lobster going to his "heaven", fighting nazi ghosts for eternity

He apperead on the background.

dude no, he'd make it in a heartbeat, no one will fund the thing.

i want this

Groot

so whenever he wants to use his right hand he'll inner monologue about >i have to use THAT

wrong page

Keep the anime fag talk to a minimum. Fucking boo.

>tfw didn't like the Hellboy movies even though Hellboy is my favorite comic series, and I love GDT and Perlman

I don't understand what went wrong. 2 was okay, but the first was bad. I think GDT is a quality director who could tackle the material really well, and Perlman is literally perfect, I just didn't like the movies much.

Horrible idea. The thigh about Hellboy s tgt you have to KNOW and respect other cultures to make the narratives work.

The only ones that I would trust is the guy behind Kekkai Sensen, he is a huge Hellboy fan and has a character directly based on Abe.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=MRKEpWFVXZM

Japanese really dont respect or understand non-japanese cultures and customs.

Japanese citizens at large are enormously ignorant.

Just read the comics, the movies were doomed the moment they made Liz HB's love interest

I didn't mind Meyers because everyone in the movie treated him like a worthless goober and the endless butt of jokes.

He wasn't a real challenge for the romance, he was just there as exposition sponge and for people to throw things at him.

More importantly, Mignola isn't interested in adaptations at all at this point judging from a lot of recent interviews.

>Do people go crazy about the property, given how fondly the movies are remembered?

>Every time Ron Perlman does an interview and says, “Let’s do Hellboy 3!” I get bombarded with people who say: “Ron says it’s happening!” Ron has as much power on this thing as I do, which is none. I appreciate that level of enthusiasm, but please don’t anybody ever again talk to me about doing a Kickstarter. We’re talking about hundreds of millions of dollars; I don’t see raising it in nickels and dimes. “What do you mean you’re not making a third one? Those movies were so good!” They didn’t make a lot of money, and that’s one of the big things people look for.

The fact that you got two of them was a miracle. You want $80m to make a movie starring Ron Perlman and it’s called Hellboy! How the hell did that thing ever get made? It shows the power of [Guillermo] del Toro. Back then, he was just a super enthusiastic guy who’d made a couple of pretty funky monster movies. But he was persuasive as hell and he fought like a dog to get these things made.

Personally I hate Myers because the comics already have an audience stand-in character (arguably she doesn't feel like an audience stand-in anymore in current BPRD arcs but that's definitely who she was in her initial Hellboy appearences) who feels more like a part of the setting than he did and who was already established at the time of the movie. I still don't get why they went with generic agent instead of Kate.

the studio probably wanted a conventional male lead because the idea of a big red monster as the hero scares them

I could see it happening.

Probably helps that the creator is a fucking westaboo and that he is a japanese christian, so he has at least some ideas on what is going on.

That ending theme was the dopest shit. Anyone has it?

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

I don't remember any high notes in Hellboy 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=JdAzLjhojtM

have some musical greatness:

youtube.com/watch?v=xS47u19j4u4
youtube.com/watch?v=8ZHDaQpYJo4

Same here.
It was fucking painful to get through the movies actually, especially considering how tonally different they are from the comics.

The Hellboy Animated movies are GOAT, though. There really need to be more of those. You're never too old to voice act.

J.K. Simmons

....they already made at least two I know of.

channing tatum

A WOMAN?! That'll never go down with our main demographic of male nerds! We've already got the female demographic covered by adding the romance angle, silly.

Just in case Chronological Mignolaverse user reads this, please note, file 76.rar on the Mega folder seems to be broken.

Nevermind it's fixed now

I love GDT but he seems to say I want to do this big movie and change his mind. Or is this studios saying no. GDT is awesome but he has trouble getting movies made. Sucks because he is a great director.

Deadpool has moral ambiguity. Nobody believed it would happen. Footage leaked. Fox greenlit it. It can work. Hellboy 3 needs to be greenlight ASAP. So are studios turning it down or something? I feel like some studio will definitely take it. If Spawn suceeds Hellboy 3 will happen. Deadpool definitely helped it.

Hellboy 3 isn't getting made because it didn't make enough money, that simple

>Chronological Mignolaverse
Link?

>If Spawn succeeds
what

New Spawn movie in the works

Hell Liefeld was teasing a Youngblood movie and a Prophet movie on Twitter

Netflix could work. Idk. This film has a fanbase. Hellboy is still in print. Hellboy 3 will happen. If not there will at least be a reboot that is good. Comic movies are way more popular today.

Spawn movie is being made by Todd Mcfarlane. He is 100% involved. Spawn TAS is great. He's doing a series for HBO too. Spawn is gonna be in theaters and if its a hit more underground comic characters will get movies.

Hellboy 3 should happen. Deadpool was made because of leaked footage and a bunch of retweets. Perlman and Del Toro would not get in trouble if a clip "leaked". I doubt that will happen but studios now know that good comic films make money.

Shit, I knew I was behind on the news but that's fucking crazy.

Even though we'll never get another animated series like Spawn it's still great to see people are interested in the story.
And I really hope there will be more dark/underground comic book movies as well.
Especially since I was never really a fan of the Big Two.

>we might even finally get big-budget animated comic book movies or even animated TV series based on non-cape comics
Oh I am hopeful

The meme ending theme.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qSzzw1y2I38

Hellboy got a sequel
Fucking Hellboy
Especially considering the period during which it was released.
I'm upset that we won't get a third
But I'm more happy that we got two pretty great movies to begin with than I am sad we won't get a third one, if that makes sense.

Don't cry because it's over, be happy that it happened.

But yeah if someone could get del Toro and Pearlman on it that'd be great

The best part of that scene is that both actors can sing rather well. They purposefully sang bad for the scene.

This is different from any other country how?

Wasn't Legendary going to make a Pokemon live action movie?

I'd rather see that potential horror game GDT and Hideo Kojima said they might make after P.T./Silent Hills was canned.

I just want one more, at least.

Jason Statham.

I really fucking hared that part with the parents being afraid and the line 'that IS his hand' being spoken again, I hate it when 2 movies do the same goddamn line.

I see you and raise you
>Mignola
>GDT
>Kojima
>together

Don't forget Junji Ito

I had problems with a few folders, ended up just needing to fully unzip them before I could access the images.
mega.nz/#F!fNZmmC4D!HyV78B7Y0MV-jz2xbFaNfA