Victor Hugo always intended for Esmeralda and Quasimodo to get married at the end of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame...

Victor Hugo always intended for Esmeralda and Quasimodo to get married at the end of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame," he just didn't have the technology to write it at the time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XJu0kQbTNIk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Handsome of Notre Dame.

>he just didn't have the technology to write it at the time
Wasn't Quasimodo supposed to be mentally deficient as well as physically deformed?

That's not really marriage material.

It's a George Lucas joke.

Yeah, in the original novel he was retarded. I mean the actual, medical definition of retarded. Mentality of a very young child.

>Wasn't Quasimodo supposed to be mentally deficient as well as physically deformed?
He was also deaf thanks to the bell ringing.

>Mentality of a very young child.
I don't recall that ever being mentioned. I'm pretty sure he was just deaf with a shit ton of socialization issues.

Maybe. I might be remembering it completely wrong. It's been years since I read it.

I guess you won't be getting married then either huh?

Savage

Kind of makes you wonder why Disney thought it would be Magic Kingdom material at all, really.

>Oh Arnold, you make my girlhood tremble as I watch these two elope, thinking of our own destined merging of flesh and heart.

Honestly, most things they've adapted are from incredibly dark source material. In all honesty, I'm really sad that Hunchback wasn't a better received movie. I'd like to see a timeline where it was a massive hit and lead to all kinds of 19th century novel adaptations. I'd kill to see Disney's Frankenstein.

I'd kill to see Disney spite all the "make Elsa a lesbian" fans and make Frankenstein (or his monster) their first gay character.

Yeah, Victor Hugo usually isn't the first thing I think of when it comes to family friendly entertainment.

They did "get married" though. When Quasimodo laid down and died next to Esmeralda's corpse, and they decayed into one another.

In the movie Frollo is still teaching Quasi the alphabet. He's retarded in the movie too.

Eh, by the standards of the times, that makes Quasimodo far more educated than most of the French population.

Pretty much the only part I rmember

True, but Frollo, who was highly educated, had been working with Quasi for 20 years and couldn't get any farther (going by the book). So unlike the common people of the time who just didn't have access to education, Quasi wasn't capable of advancing in the first place.

So Phelous, how come you and Lupa haven't gotten married yet? I mean if a chick hasn't married you after 10 years it seems like she's just waiting for something better to come along.

this was gold.

Ah. Man, I really need to read this again.

#GiveFrankensteinAGayMonster

Funny thing is that it wouldn't really be out of place. Sure, the Monster wanted a bride in the novel, but outside of that it seemed pretty fucking gay for Viktor throughout.

Dr. Pretorius in the movie Bride of Frankenstein always had a sorta campy flair to him too. But he's not a novel character. Still, a reference to him somewhere would be nice every once in a while. You only ever hear about the Bride.

I really don't know about the movie canons outside of the original Karloff film, but the Bride was actually in the novel (just parts and not animated, but still), so it stands to reason that she would be more well known.

Frankenstein is way, way more about sis-con than it is remotely gay. That's would be the angle I'd love to see them play up, they're be ahead of the curve for once.

sis-con?

A sister complex. Loving one's sister.

To be fair, Viktor wasn't directly related her. According to most publications, she was adopted. By Japanese Hentai standards, that doesn't count worth shit.

It's a shitty mockbuster that deserves to be burned.

Disney should adapt les miserables

Couldn't be any worse than the 2012 movie version.

>Even though we're not blood-related, I remain your sister!
0% effective in Nipland.

He's the best Pope of fools we've ever had!
And deaf too

They had just adapted Hamlet and people loved it.

First gay characters were, weirdly enough, in Hunchback of Notre Dame. At the end of the second (shit) movie, one of the male gargoyles and the goat hook up.

>Not posting the video where you got the quote from.

I'm disappointed in you user. I though we raised you better.

youtube.com/watch?v=XJu0kQbTNIk

... You want the monster to fuck the dad? Seriously that takes way half of the meaning of the story.

Voltaire had meant to just write about his regular pixies but he got too drunk.

Disney would be like 80 years too late on that draw.

And I wouldn't put it past James Whale if The Monster's "Bride" was meant to be a lesbian herself, so she'd probably half count

I didn't want to be accused of shilling. Sorry, Dad

Disney could actually make Wuthering Heights exciting!

Was Djali a boy in the movie? She's a girl in the book.

Can it really be considered gay if it's a non-anthropomorphic animal?

I mean, I know the gargoyle wasn't exactly human either, but that just seemed a little freaky for Disney to make him hook up with a literal non-furry animal.

>didn't have the technology to write it at the time
what!?