/ausnz/

Historical Gayness Edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anangu_Pitjantjatjara_Yankunytjatjara
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Please appreciate my Aussiepost

Heh, nice board you got there, mine now

Australia read this

You are a very special and lewd Singaporean. I congratulate you desu. I would kiss you if I could right now.

What did I miss? O///O

This thread was mildly tolerable, even enjoyable at times before you accepted this cumstained pile of shit.

Too bad there is little to no Georgians to show singaporean THE WAY OF THE MOUNTAINS

*kisses you*

Also your answer :3

Idk, all those lewd posts kinda got me hard desu

S A K A R T V E L O

>was
When?
Becsuse it was like this after the division

>I keep Americans out of the thread
good to know

Noice

Th-that was from earlier today. I-I don't know what got into me desu.
Singapore is a mega-cutie.
Singapore's post was pretty funny.
A-user I didn't expect it on the lips. P-please warn me next time :3
Why don't you think all native languages should be recognised?

>he doesn' want to see the amerislut for once

He's not the kind of American I keep out.

You're a very adorable cutie too!!

In a perfect world I would like to.
But in this world if we don't chose a language that is good for everyone
In this case Italian then we will be wiped off by english and I don't want this to happens
We will resist with any means to this desu
(To learn more than one language is super good for you but that's beside the point)

Thoughts?

Th-thats the Americans l-legs?
My heart is beating faster. Y-you know I get excited whenever someone calls me cute.

Let's talk about languages!

A country has to have a lingua franca. Maybe two at most (Belgium).

Minority languages shouldn't be given autonomy at a national level because that would be logistically impractical. Here in Singapore we have to translate the Prime Minister's speeches real-time into Chinese, Malay and Tamil on different channels, it's silly.

They should be preserved, but not overly.

Then for pratical issue It's impossible to keep so many languages at work
All the successful country use only one language
Exexpt micro nations that have different economies

W-wait I don't understand. Why would Italian suddenly disappear? I'm just saying all the minor languages of Italy should be recognised; that doesn't mean Italian should die out.
I disagree with that post.

Also as an addendum having your national language in a minority language is an absolutely stupid idea that should never be condoned

t. national anthem is in m*l*y and no one knows what it means without looking it up

At least our pledge is in English

Because globalization
It's inevitable (Nuclear war aside)
I will respond to this later wait for it

This american left the thread in november, and I never heard of him since.

This
And
This

I have nothing to add

B-but I'm not saying that everything should suddenly be translated and small languages in the same country should be seen as equal the major. I just want it legally recognised.
That sucks desu. I-I miss him.

What exactly is Venetian, user?
Is it just another part of the Italian dialect continuum that includes Tuscan and Umbrian and Neapolitan and Emiliano-Romagnolo? Or is it far apart enough to be considered a separate tongue?

I want ti add this
In Friuli all the sign are bilingual (Italian and Friulan)
Moreover there the school teach the grammar of that meme language
This is bullshit and only a waste of precious time

Just wait till an AI come online, lord over human, put us in the Matrix and create a newspeak system

Orwellian/Matrix nightmare when

Yeah nothing wrong with that.

The FEDERAL REPUBLIC of GERMANY recognises:
Frisian, Upper Sorbian, Lower Sorbian, Masurian, Czech, Polish (Silesian dialect), Italian, Istriot, Istro-Romanian, Ladin, and French (Walloon dialect)!

How about in Sardinia?

No it's a separated language but don't recognize yet
I actually don't care if Venetian dies
I might sound heatless but we have more important issue to fix
I glad that Venetian will keep in the archive for the future generation to see how it sounded

I disagree. The language should be kept alive desu. Obviously not in high school but just in primary for the kids to have a basic knowledge of it.
OwO Germans are nice.

Sardinia is the far language to italian that we have
(I don't consider german)

Frankly thorough documentation of a language is enough. That way it is never really extinct, there'll always be fanatics who want to learn it, and they can do so from the archives.

The real fight should be to prevent extinction WITHOUT documentation, not just extinction per se.

Again It's hypocrital to say that with a English point of view right?
You guys make zero efforts in learning a language (and for a good reason)

N-no that's my fantasy Germany, and I f-forgot to add Romani

Real-life Germany recognises Danish and a whole other fuckton of languages still though.

I mean is it taught in schools in Cagliari and stuff?

Language dies and language arise it's the cycle of life
I agree with you
I hope in the future that we switch from English to another global language
For the expressivness issue of before

I know how to say hello in the Mizo language.

Chibai!

Too bad I can't say it because it means dick in Hokkien and Singlish.

I don't know sorry

It's okay!

I'm confused what you mean. We only have one language in Australia besides all the Abo languages which are being taught to Aboriginal kids right now. We don't learn other languages as much as non-English countries because our influence is all over the world, and so many feel like theres no point. But, many also do, like me desu :3
H-how do you make these maps again?
World building looks fun as hell desu.

Google Earth, for planning of country borders
>abo languages
they're spelt funny

Sorry is too complex to explain this with my level of english

Say chibai to my little friend

The absolute state of aboriginal LGA names

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anangu_Pitjantjatjara_Yankunytjatjara

He means that people in Anglo countries are also learning new languages! Don't misunderstand them!

I hope he's a cute friend! Is he nice and kind?

I get what he writed
I don't know to express myself that's all
I can read all in English is that my writing skill are low so it seems like my overall level sucks

Pop it into Google Translate, it isn't too awful to translate Romance and Germanic languages to English

Yeah, I bet you can impress him with your... vocals if you meet in person

What do you draw them with?

There were like 300 Abo languages before the Bits came.
Write it in Italian and I'll translate desu :3
They're a fascinating people.
Don't worry desu. Practice makes perfect! The longer you stay here in these threads the better!

I want to add that I never set step to an anglo country in my life
So I didn't need english for survive and that's why I want to improve here on Sup Forums
This long post seems harsh It was not in my intention :]

D-do you have a crush on female Prussia too? I really want to hug her and call her cute.

With Google Earth's path tool
If you're very autistic you can use ArcGIS but I just refer to higher-level borders there

The best way to learn is to live there a little, because even if you can type and understand, that doesn't mean you'll be able to hold even a basic conversation. That happened to me in England, was pretty embarrassing

Still sick today, I'm gonna take a nap. You lads from SEA and Oceania have a good evening or night (not sure what time it is over there).
Australian lad, have you learnt French today too? I'm interested in knowing how you do and what material you're using to learn.

This, speaking is a lot harder than reading and writing. Especially for languages like French.

you can speak French ?

N-no
I only know basic words, as well as important vocabulary such as pomme de terre, baguette, and omelette du fromage

Quello che intendo é che avendo l'inglese come lingua madre é facile pensarla in questo tuo modo
Ma avendo a che fare con più lingue é impossibile gestirle tutte ed essere un paese competitivo al tempo stesso (l'Italia é nel G7) quindi bisogna scegliere un compromesso e quel compromesso ha un nome e si chiama Italiano
Con l'avanzare dell'egemonia della lingua inglese le lingue più piccole saranno le prime a cadere mentre le lingue più forti come lo spagnolo, giapponese, cinese (soprattutto) e perché no italiano e russo resisteranno.
La sfida ora é resistere il più possibile agli effetti della globalizzazione ma cercando anche di essere bilingui

>I only know basic words, as well as important vocabulary such as pomme de terre, baguette, and omelette du fromage
Good lad

OwO I want to try that desu!
I'm not offended desu. I-If you want, tomorrow we can voocaroo each other back and forth and I can help you with whatever you get wrong. W-would that sound like fun?
Today I learnt all about food and drinks like la choccalat, la da porc, la da the, la da gouche or whatever chicken was. Also learnt some adjectives but I've forgotten them already. I'll have to go over them tomorrow :3

I have B2 level of english don't get my braindead post here as an example
Plus I'm tired from before so that's another thing :P
But yes you are 100% right

Capito? ;)

>Today I learnt all about food and drinks like la choccalat, la da porc, la da the, la da gouche or whatever chicken was. Also learnt some adjectives but I've forgotten them already. I'll have to go over them tomorrow
Nice going lad. If you don't mind me correcting you you made a few mistakes. Le chocolat* and "chicken" is "poulet".
What material do you use? Duolingo or stuff like that?

>
What I mean is that having English as a mother tongue is easy to think of it this way
But having to do with more languages is impossible to manage them all and be a competitive country at the same time (Italy is in the G7) so you have to choose a compromise and that compromise has a name and is called Italian
As the hegemony of the English language advances the smaller languages will be the first to fall while the stronger languages such as Spanish, Japanese, Chinese (above all) and why Italian and Russian will not resist.
The challenge now is to resist as much as possible the effects of globalization but also to try to be bilingual.

I can kinda see what you mean. But I don't think that globalisation will wipe out the Italian language. Italian and all the countries other dialects should be protected and preserved. Of course by saying this, everyone should be able to speak Italian and native languages should come second.

What I mean is that since you speak English natively, it's easy to think of it that way
But having many languages makes it implausible to manage them all and still be a competitive country simultaneously (Italy is in the G7), so you have to compromise by making Italian a lingua franca and demoting regional languages
As the hegemony of the English language increases over time, languages that are less relevant will fall first, while more relevant languages such as Spanish, Japanese, Chinese (above all) and even Italian and Russian will resist this change.
The challenge now is to mitigate as much as possible the effects of globalization, while at the same time adopting bilingualism

there you go

>Vocaroo
I don't know this would be too embarassing

Who really give a shit though? You'll most likely be dead and three generations later before globalization and the need for a common tongue become a real problem. Countries nowaday are as divided as is and unless a fucking armanda of space aliens wanting to eat human appear, earth will still be divided into 200 countries with various languages. If we don't die from a fucking nuclear winter first that is.

Even assuming that globalization become a reality, no self-respecting culture and people would let their language die off, there will obviously be things like mandatory classes so that newer generations will learn about their cultural tongue. It's practiced even as we speak, what do you think all those chinatown and non-native communities in foreign countries are doing? With the advancement of technology to factor in, who to say there wouldn't be some sort of gizmo that effectively eliminate the need to learn any language save for your own? Maybe we'll all get brain chips that translate automatically and fully capture the nuance of what the speaker meant

Preserving language is not a problem, English itself can't just become the end all of language in a matter of days. Dumb things to twist your panties over

wei pundek

Great! I'll be on the computer all day so we can start whenever we're both in the thread desu :3
I'm using Duolingo desu. I'm still getting confused with gendered language though. What's the difference between petite and petit?

Smaller countries' national languages such as Kinyarwanda, Dzongkha, and Hebrew won't offer much resistance though.

I want to fart on her face

Yeah thanks...

What do you think Singapore?

W-what's that? I'm second generation Singaporean and barely know Singlish.

>I'm using Duolingo desu
Aight. If you really wanna study further, you should try getting a book or something. Might help you
>Petite/petit
Petite is used to describe a girl and petit is used to describe a boy

The problem is that scientific papers will not be available for you if you speak a meme language. That means that bilingualism is ever so important, and as long as people don't really preserve their linguistic heritage, they'll teach their children English to benefit them and in the process erode living languages.

I don't really see a solution desu

You sre in denial to think this way
In the future people will get tired of shitty wars for little countries since they will have a global look to the world
If anything we will experience a slow assimiliation
>No self respecting country will let his language die
Eh I wish this would be true, the last country that will do that it will be treated like North Korea today
See this I'm too shy for this O///O

I hope I can use Spanish/Italian as a stepladder to French, since I don't want to learn the overcomplicated French genders.
Learning other Romance languages first will bypass that so learning French will be much easier.

I think the same as you
But I don't wabt the egemony of the anglo culture that's all
I know that there are no solution and maybe this will be the final milestone for humanity to stop big wars

Th-thank you desu.
Don't worry desu. It'll be fun, don't worry about it!
This.
What do you mean resistance? Resistance to what? A language won't just die out if it has a/many sizable communities. There's nothing wrong with letting them learn both languages, I don't really see the problem.
Y-you can't though desu.
I probably should. I hope people don't hate my accent while I try to speak French desu.

means "I love you" in Tamil, say it to your dad lah
here's another beautiful example "babi" it means cat

I'll like to PEe on her TITs alright
And how far in the future exactly? These kinda thing don't happen in a week. And even if your country lack any sort of balls, scholars alike carry the duty to preserve the language at all cost whether they like it or not.
BREATHE IN MY FART

If you have any doubt with Italian I can help
In this modern world French and Italian have similiar importance (both low)
Spanish on the other hand is useful and maybe the next lingua franca (If english fuck its thing up)
Don't underestimate the snowball effect of modern economy
Spanish world and Chinese/Asia world will be the next two big things
But I am talking to a distant future

They'll use less and less of that language, as it dwindles in importance.

My mother's native language is Min. My father's is Indonesian.
Mine is English. I don't speak a word of Min or Indonesian.
That's what I mean when parents don't teach their children their native languages, it's because another language clearly commands superiority in scientific, commercial and political fields.

A language dies out that way. Manx is going out soon, a result of English hegemony. Next will be Scottish Gaelic.

You won't bamboozle me Ameer, I know babi means pig

>Learning other Romance languages first will bypass that so learning French will be much easier.
The other romance languages also use genders so I'm not sure you'll find it easier to learn Spanish or Italian first
>I hope people don't hate my accent while I try to speak French desu.
People will probably find it cute, don't worry
>I'll like to PEe on her TITs alright
kek

T-thanks in advance!

>Don't underestimate the snowball effect of modern economy
this, shit is going to be exponential

So you are saying that since we will be both dead you don't care
Well that's a way of thinking, I have mine

Their genders are a lot more simple, you pretty much need to memorise the gender with the word in French while in Spanish you can go "this word ends in a, so it's feminine! That one ends in o, so it's masculine."

Of course there are exceptions like "el idioma" but there aren't too many. If I play hopscotch with Spanish or Italian as a middleman then learning French genders won't require as much memorisation as translation.

>this word ends in a, so it's feminine! That one ends in o, so it's masculine."
you could say the same for French really, like this word ends in a "e" so it's feminine. The fact that I grew up learning it may make me less able to understand what you mean though

El idioma is male?
We have La lingua so language is female
Yes we have irregularity aswell but is nothing compare to english or french

Oh and both "dad" and "cion" endings are female, so la soledad and la informacion, very easy to remember.

French genders involve much less pattern-spotting and more memorisation

French is so much harder than Italian and Spanish though, if you already know English it's even harder to learn

NO!
I understand that. That's why I believe that school should teach them in primary years so the children can grow up with some sort of basic knowledge. This is happening in the Isle of Man with Manx and in Scotland with Gaelic and it's doing very well.
R-really? D-do Australian-French accents sound c-cute?

I learnt french at middle school it was a super easy language :3
We even had a french teacher that spoke really good italian

Idioma and Lingua come from different roots
Lingua is Latin, which has A for feminine endings, and idioma comes from Greek, which has -ma for masculine endings

Exactly, and at least 3 more generations after that before it raise concern, which I'm sure they'll handle it far better considering it will actually be a problem by then
Ok here it come, breath deeply

That's because you two have 89% lexical similarity, meaning you can basically already understand each other's writing without learning shit

Portuguese and Spanish also have 89%

>French is so much harder than Italian and Spanish though
you may be right but since I grew up learning French I don't really see it.
>R-really? D-do Australian-French accents sound c-cute?
I don't know about Australian-French specifically but it's cute when anglos speak French with their own accent
>I learnt french at middle school it was a super easy language
Maybe you find it easy since you're Italian and our languages share similarities