KUNG FU KINO

hello i'm new to the jackie chan genre. what are the best films that are jackie chan in nature?

what are the best kung fu movies to have come out in the last decade or so?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y1AJ1mae4xo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=97EqMXLKX00
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

kys kommie kuk

>mad because his kung fu is lousy

just keep training

Some from the top of my head:
36th Chamber of Shaolin
Martial Club
The Hot, the Cool and the Vicious
Five Deadly Venoms
Born Invincible
Way of the Dragon
Enter the Dragon
Fist of Legend
Fearless
Ip Man 1-2
Flash Point
Special ID

>little jap angry because kung fu>>>>>>>>>>>karate

>tfw found legit traditional kung-fu master and learned for 3 years
>moved to another country because muh ebin education

Fug, I'm going to kill a tradition. Too bad kung-fu is a joke in the online martial arts community because is full of "muh mortal techniques" bullshit.

Also there was a movie where the guy from Ong Bak fights against kung-fu masters, I don't remember its name. Pretty good.

what does legit traditional kung fu entail as opposed to other martial arts?

gib ancient secrets

Island of Fire
Gorgeous
Wheels on Meals
Iron Monkey
Shaolin vs LAma
Holy Robes of Shaolin

I can go on I have about 400 films

To prove it's actually traditional kung fu the master has to know his lineage. This is the most important thing in all martial arts.

The secret techniques are the chigong exercises. Not that bullshit you see that looks like yoga but those exercises like Horse Stance for 1 hour and with weight on your arms like OPs pic. Also standing on one leg with weight on your back. It's like lifting but taken to a next level. Using weapons is also something important. A big wooden stick is a basic weapon, you should use a heavier one if you already know how to use it and ensure mad gains.

Also lots of endurance exercises. Chi-sao (sticky hands) in Wing-chun isn't bullshit when used together with other exercises like Sam-sao (for choy gar).

If you ask an actual kung-fu master if he can beat Mike Tyson or any MMA fighter he would probably say no because they don't train for 8 hours each day.

All those dances you see that make you laugh are either bullshit inventions made by con men who split actual dances and add bullshit. Dances are like a compilation of movements, not something you will repeat mindlessly when fighting.

An actual kung-fu trainee will find the easiest way to defeat his oponent like punching him in the groin, biting or even throwing dust. No messing around like doing some cool bruce lee "power up" stance.

It's pretty similar to modern MMA fighting without groundwork since doing that it's too risky in an actual fight. I'm not claiming the usual "kung-fu is for actual fights and not competition" bullshit since that's not true.

Now there are some obscure movements like eye gouging which is called the Eagle's claw or something like that but any kung-fu master will tell you it's really difficult and you will need years of practice, which you are better using those years by punching a bag full of sand until your fists get hard. Sometimes they use rock salt for making their skin harder which I heard is something some boxers use.

>Not that bullshit you see that looks like yoga
Doubtful, as both (assuming bullshit here refers to 8 treasures) provide good exercises for muscle resistance and flexibility, and also because traditional kung fu takes the traditional concept of qi very seriously. So it doesn't only entail being "like lifting but taken to a next level"; that's just part of it, for those whose bodies are able to cope with it, but internal energy is still supposed to work to develop and protect health regardless.

From the last decade check the Ip Man trilogy

>traditional concept of qi
I know but it's mostly endurance and explosive force from what I've learned. I'm just saying I've seen many "chigong masters" doing nothing but stretching and some yoga positions.

I'm saying the Horse Stance is a chigong exercise which probably those old ladies at the park can't do for 10 minutes, even less with weight. When your arms and legs start to hurt like hell my master used to say "the qi is flowing" which is the lactic acid accumulated in the limbs. Apparently doing this unlock the qi, which in reality means it improves your endurance and strength.

The internal energy in stuff like Tai-Chi is also endurance. Chen-style Tai-Chi is used for fighting and is mostly just chigong exercises which doesn't make your heart beat like crazy (probably that's why it's taught to old people). When some kung-fu guy use his palm and throws you to the ground it is said he has a lot of qi. In this case is explosive strength.

Childhood is idolizing Jackie Chan.
Adulthood is realizing Sammo Hung makes more sense.

Seniority is waking up to the fact that Yuen Biao was the best

Just watched Rumble in the bronx and it was entertaining af but was disappointed with how little martial arts were in it. What would you recommend for actual well choreographed fight scenes?

Everything Jackie did in the 70s and 80s.

I stopped watching these movies for the fights. I just want the silly slapstick. Thats why Winners and Sinners is my favourite.

Legend of the Drunken Master is right up there with the best. Surprised no one has mentioned it yet.

ONG BAK
(all the ong bak movies have good martial arts, but the first is the best movie)

Jackie kept slapstick alive. He was the Buster Keaton/Harold Lloyd of the 80s and 90s. Pure fucking brilliance.

The first two Police Story movies have some really good fights. The park fight in the second one is one of my favorites (although the movie as a whole was much weaker than the first).

youtube.com/watch?v=y1AJ1mae4xo

>CRAZY CORKSCREW OPEN WINE BOTTLE!
100% kung fu kino

m.youtube.com/watch?v=97EqMXLKX00

Pretty much anything with Jackie Chan, Donnie Yen, or Jet Li.

Police Story 1 and 2 are some of my favorites.

>not jimmy wang

>Donnie Yen

Wheels on Meals
Dragons Forever
Armor of God 2
Legend of Drunken Master
Police Story 1 and 2

Definitely Drunken Master

If you enjoy comedy Kung Fu with awesome fights, you must watch Kung Fu Hustle.

Also check out Shaolin Soccer. That one doesn't have much fight choreography, but it is extremely entertaining.

oh man I fucking love shaolin soccer

old world feudalists vs invading capitalist pigs

kung fu hustle when you get bored of the other ones.

Kung fu with a western lead actor in Asia?

>what are the best films that are jackie chan in nature?
What I've seen fwiw

what happened here

Crushed the swordsman's hands in between his elbow and knee

Which one is this from?

>what are the best kung fu movies to have come out in the last decade or so?
I gave the following 7/10 or higher. In no particular order.

The Raid (2011) and its sequel is even better
Black Belt (2007)
Chocolate (2008)
Fearless (2006)
SPL: Kill Zone (2005)
Dragon Tiger Gate (2006)
Unleashed (2005)
Rush Hour 3 (2007)
Ip Man (2008) and its sequel
13 Assassins (2010)
Red Cliff (2008)
Journey to the West (2013)
Redbelt (2008)
Reign of Assassins (2010)

Legend of Drunken Master(AKA Drunken Master 2)

Ending of wheels on meals is maybe the best fight he ever did.

>tfw seen most of jackie's movies and am now searching for his last few forgotten films

>that first fight scene under trains and boardwalks

>that fight scene in the teahouse where they beat the fuck out of 100 dudes with shattered bamboo poles and stair banisters